vehicle is now unable to be driven due to loss of power and engine noise.I have since found there is a recall on similar vehicles for bad bearings. Exercise caution and common sense before do any financial transactions. I don't know cars well but I have not heard of one to "stop" without, "warning before hand". Many owners have reported that the light usually comes on in cold weather whilst for others, the light will just come on and off at random. After 86,000 miles, the oil consumption per week are 1 quart of gallon. Solution: Depending on how bad the rust is on, or around the wing mirror, will determine the action you need to take to resolve the problem. Speaking of which, the range for the Accent sedan starts at just $14,475 and spans two trims. I had my engine replaced by a licensed mechanic and we used the same engine recommended by Hyundai. Since plastic materials dont easily decompose in landfills, they can be bad for the environment. The most effective remedy is to take your car to a dealer if you notice any odd behavior with your acceleration or idling processes. Research, browse, save, and share from 38 Accent models in South Houston, TX. To be on the safe side, run a VIN check on the NHTSA website to see if your car has been affected by any recalls. Research, browse, save, and share from 55 Accent models in Covina, CA. Common Hyundai problems have included issues with airbag deployment, rodents eating wiring(! However, JD Power did rate the, In older models, the most prevalent problem was with. Can You Drive Without a Catalytic Converter? Another user on the site complained about a 2014 Hyundai Accent on behalf of a contact who sustained near-fatal injuries as a result of airbag failure. We have 175 2014 Hyundai Accent vehicles for sale that are reported accident free, 77 1-Owner cars, and 225 personal use cars. Did you find wrong information or was something missing? (Explained). Research, browse, save, and share from 45 Accent models in Blue Island, IL. The dealer performed an induction service. Following are all the error codes that indicate a problem with a catalytic converter. The following problems have been reported for the 2011 Accent: Engine Light On, Coils Go Bad, Car Shuts Down While Driving, Hesitates and Bucks When the Gas Pedal Is Pressed, Hesitates and Bucks When the Gas Pedal Is Pressed, Multiple, Belt Failure, and Poor MPG. Another possibility is that the vehicle has a problem with the fuel system, the battery, or the ignition system. These are a few of the most common issues that could cause your Accent not to blow cold enough. Apparently other Hyundais and Kia-s have also experienced early engine failure due to the manufactures poor quality control. When you're in the market for a Hyundai accent, it's also important to know what common problems you can run into. The most obvious sign of clogged catalytic converter in Hyundai Accent is slow acceleration or degraded engine performance. Traction Control, when engaged (and the light is on), helps keep your wheels from spinning on slick surfaces or during initial acceleration. Clunking noises could be caused by the engine, exhaust system, driveshaft, differentials, or a wheel bearing. 3rd time at a convenience store called the first mechanic he said to call him when it stopped again. 110-horsepower 1.6L I4 5-speed manual FWD. You can do three main things if you experience problems with your Hyundai Accent windows. Airbags did not deploy., Airbags did not deploy in a crash into a median barrier on the highway. These years of the Hyundai Accent, like any other automobile, come with their share of problems. For example, newer cars will have fewer complaints simply because theyve been around for less time. Use your VIN or plate to find out if your specific car has open recalls. Hit by an 18-wheeler and a guard rail head-on. One reviewer onCars.comsaid that his Hyundai Accent drove well and had excellent gas mileage; he rated it 4.6 out of five stars. The following chart shows the 16 most common problems for 2014 Hyundai Accent. In our research we use the PPMY index to compare the reliability of vehicles. This causes the vehicle to fail an emissions test. Most diagnostic devices then ask for some information about the vehicle. There are some things You can do while You own to car to make it last longer. Cracked cylinders and blown head gaskets happen when vehicle owners dont tend to minor issues right away. Since some OBD codes are manufacturer-specific, the scanner will be able to give you more accurate information if you enter more details about your Accent. I called to the company where I bought the car. 63000 mi. Other reasons for a slipping transmission include: Heres a more extensive list of signs you have a slipping transmission. #HyundaiAccent pic.twitter.com/lTTPs0c8zZ. In order to compare the reliability across Accent model years, we use the PPMY index which is defined as the Your car is still in warranty, so you should be talking to your dealer about the problem and what is causing it. It bothered me though because even if I did have the original car, they did not seem like they wanted to fix the issue at hand. A class-action suit was filed against Hyundai in regards to the wiring issue.. As it is only 4 yrs old. Hyundai recalled more than 272,000 vehicles for a faulty 12V electrical outlet in the dashboard that can overheat and catch fire. New clutch installed, $360. The problem that sometimes occurs is that it detects items such as dirt, rocks, debris, and anything else that can get stuck along the track. Weve taken a look on Car Gurus to gauge the resale value of a Hyundai Accent, below are typical asking prices for each model year. The contact owns a 2014 Hyundai Accent. This is an estimate of what you might expect to pay for routine maintenance and typical repairs over the next 5 years. (Explained)Continue, As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. How reliable is the 2014 Hyundai Accent? Had to replace 2 engine coils. The most minor reason you will lose coolant is when you have a worn or damaged hose. Why Is Tesla Better Than Other Electric Cars? Not sure freeways; but im not taking any chances.please investigate! 1. Hyundai introduced soy-based wiring insulation as a cost-effective and biodegradable alternative to plastic wiring insulation. When driving through gravel, on icy roads, or around tight corners, the brakes might slide. Some service centers will give you an online estimate to compare. For this test, all you need is a pressure gauge with its hose fitting. The instrument panel seems to have several malfunctions as well. However, when there is a problem with the internal engine, the cylinder fails to seal properly. The way the vehicle stops is unusual. If you see any fault code from P0420 to P0424 or from P0430 to P0434 in the OBD2 scanner, it indicates a problem with the catalytic converter. While this is a possibility, the most common problem is a faulty catalytic converter. Competition in this category includes the Nissan Versa . Common Problems by Model Year. The mentioned issues include random stopping and starting, poor . Trade-In Value: $.css-16lw6u4{padding-left:4px;cursor:pointer;}. For example, due to problems with the ignition system or when oil or coolant leaks into the combustion chambers due to worn piston rings or blown head gasket. is very easy to use. However, there are other issues that can cause this as well. The recall states that this problem occurs when using a tire mobility kit that gets plugged into the outlet in order to fix a flat tire. (Explained). In some cases, the window will bounce back for no apparent reason. To get a better idea of which Hyundai Accent has the most problems the fairest way is to compare models based on the number of vehicles sold in relation to the number of reported problems. My aaa approved mechanic determined that the engine had a rod knock and the oil pressure at idle was only 3 psi. I only put 5,000ish miles on the car and I started hearing a weird sound from my car. Unsubscribe any time. Thus, you can conclude that Accent is an excellent model to select, even with the few shortcomings it may have. An infrared thermometer can be used for this test. A problem with it can cause all of the above-mentioned issues and more. They include: : short-circuiting modules and water leaking into ABS systems, (recalls were issued for 2011-13 Sonatas because of this problem), Wiring issues: rodents have been attracted to (and proceeded to eat), The Hyundai model with the most issues? The Chrysler Town and Country is a luxury, Read More Which Chrysler Town and Country To Avoid and Why?Continue, As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read our full disclaimer here. Most Common Problems of Hyundai Accent: It's possible that the Hyundai Accent is one of the most dependable cars in its category, but that doesn't mean it's flawless. The second most common problem is related to the vehicle's air bags (9 problems). 46 problems have been reported for the 2014 Hyundai Accent. Seat belt pre-tensioner might explode. Hyundai has issued a recall for 2015 Accents manufactured between September 15, 2014 and February 10, 2015. Since Hyundai Accent is equipped with on-board diagnostics (OBD), a fault diagnosis can provide initial indications of where the malfunction is located. Pull thedipstickout by the handle and wipe it off so that no liquid shows. Read 2014 Hyundai Accent Owner Reviews, Prices, Specs and Photos. The OBDII connector is usually located under the dashboard. Like any future forecast, this may not apply to your specific vehicle. The Hyundai Accent is an award-winning compact car that was first launched in 1994. What Does TBC Fault Mean On A Ford Truck? Verified Owner. The number one most common problem is related to the vehicle's engine and engine cooling with 10 problems. At 36,000 miles!. 2022, CarProblemZoo.com All rights reserved. In any case, it is advisable for laypersons to visit a workshop. Again had to get pushed out of the road. In fact, the 2010 model had only. Sep 2011. We make it easy to find a service center with the features and amenities that matter to you. There is a problem with the 2014 Accent front bumper on both sides. It is not uncommon for the clutch pedal to malfunction in a Hyundai Accent, which can lead to clutch failure. Even if there are fewer issues to deal with this year, they are nonetheless preventable. Front-wheel drive. Its disheartening to realize that the dependable Hyundai Accent has airbag issues, given how widely accepted they are as an essential safety element in all passenger cars. Filter, sort, look closer to home or further afield. All in all, the Hyundai Accent is a . 12 Best & Worst Hyundai Accent Years (With Facts & Stats), 7 Most Common Hyundai Sonata Problems (Explained), How Long Do Hyundai Accents Last? Perfect for a small family. Warning lights. It stops whenever and wherever without warning. The contact owns a 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe. The Sonata is a commuter workhorse, so the fact that the 2011 model has over 3,000 complaints is in part attributable to the fact that it is one of Hyundai's best-selling models. This is the 3rd week. What To Do if You Experience Window Problems With Your Hyundai Accent, General Pros and Cons of the Hyundai Accent. Due to a premature engine failure in my 2014 Hyundai Accent, I was prompted that I needed to swap out my engine by Hyundai. CarComplaints.com users report gear slippage on their used 2004 Hyundai Accent, which failed to shift into overdrive when attempting to pass. "I cant do nothing, no symptoms." The most recent complaint in CarProblemZoo involved a 2020 Hyundai Accent that got rear-ended on a freeway near Dallas, Texas. Now that we've covered the different 1.6 variants let's discuss the common problems of the Hyundai 1.6 engine: Oil leaks (valve cover . this is my first time buying a car. On CarComplaints.com, a user reported that his 2018 Hyundai Accent was accelerating and decelerating on its own without his permission. The MSRP of a brand new Hyundai Accent ranges from $16,645 to $19,600 according to Consumer Reports. The following list is for the best Hyundai Accent you can choose from-. (384 problems). The window will stop and bounce back down if it detects anything as it rolls up. Paint job horrible. 2013 Accent car The car cannot be stopped from accelerating. The manufacturer was notified of the failure and the request for assistance was denied. However, this does not mean all models are equally reliable., If youre in the market for a new or used Hyundai, take a look at this guide, compiled by. In addition, the clutch may slide while engaging, resulting in a loss of power. In 2022, JD Power cited Hyundai Motor Company for being the top-ranked automotive brand in the US for vehicle dependability. Most of the time, when your Accent's air isn't blowing cold enough, it is going to be a lack of refrigerant causing the problem. The approximate failure mileage was 67,000. You can be certain that you will be obtaining one of the top models if you make an investment in one of these years. I got it when it was 2 yrs old. Less common causes are clogged expansion valve or orifice tube, overcharged oil, faulty blend door . Smells. The second most common problem is related to the vehicle's engine and engine cooling (241 problems). This one is more complicated. Heres what a few owners have had to say: I fainted behind the wheel and rear-ended another driver and my airbags did not deploy which resulted in an slight head injury., Car involved in a high speed (65mph) incident on the interstate. For context, transmission replacements range from $1,800 to $3,400. A little smidge of lube can go a long way. Which Hyundai Elantra Years You Should Avoid and Why? Were using Car Complaints PPMY index which means problems reported per thousand vehicles per Year. The Audi A4 has been the longest-running vehicle, Read More Which Audi A4 Years To Avoid and Why? for reliability. 2016 Accent SR losing power to radio and clock. The throttle position sensor is crucial because it ensures that theair-fuel mixturewithin the engines system is delivered to spec. 90000 mi. It has excellent fuel economy, adequate passenger space, and various infotainment features designed to make your commuting experience more comfortable. Its affordability compensates for certain flaws. Experts onMotortrendnotated the Hyundai Accent as a model that does not disappoint. And to ensure you always have the lowest rate, Jerry will send you new quotes every time your policy comes up for renewal, so youre always getting the coverage you want at the best price.. Over time, carbon deposits accumulate and clog up the catalytic converter, especially if the vehicle has racked up a lot of miles. If the airbag warning light comes on this is the primary indicator of a fault with the airbags. Remember that the older a car is, the more likely it is to have complications. It has won multiple awards over the years for its safety features, valuable pricing, and design. If the core gets clogged, your coolant will not circulate, and that can cause you to lose fluid. My check engine light came on and stayed on, while the oil light appeared when my car was in idle and the engine began to knock. The vehicle had not been repaired. This has been reported throughout the cars history and is mostly reported on 2006-2009 models and 2015 2017 models. The 1.8L Nu engine has been ticking owners off with its constant ticks, connecting rod knocks, predispostion to engine bearing failure and problems with oil sludge. In addition to headlights, some cars have separate fog lights or daytime running lights. But it started again before the mechanic got there so he couldn't use the gage. If you want to buy a used Hyundai Accent, ask the seller about its problems and repair history to make an informed selection. 06/10/2021. One of the most shocking problems weve come across for the Accent is that the car spontaneously catches fire this problem has been reported on the 2012 and 2013 models. Top Common Complaints. Do not overlook other codes that are paired along with P0420. The recall itself was due to defective rod bearings that can wear out prematurely and cause critical engine damage and owners often reported the engine knocking sound. In general, yes, Hyundais are reliable cars. Browse Hyundai Accent vehicles in Blue Island, IL for sale on Cars.com, with prices under $300,000. It simply stopped. I don't know what to do or expect from this whole issue. I bought it went beyond their policy and had their mechanics to check it, still nothing. this vehicle has the same issues as reported in said recall. Tell the seller you are . According to Car Problem Zoo, a site dedicated to collecting car owners feedback, the most commonly reported issue with the Accent is that the airbags did not deploy. Which Hyundai Santa FE Years You Should Avoid and Why? On some cars, however, a light can also indicate an issue, so it helps to know which is which in advance. Some Accent owners have complained about faulty throttle position sensor issues. Got a Problem with your 2014 Hyundai Accent? Therefore it is necessary to investigate the issue thoroughly before you consider replacing the very expensive catalytic converter in your Accent. This is a common symptom of a failing throttle position sensor (TPS). One of the mechanics prompted me to look into recalls for that engine. To begin troubleshooting, you must first connect the diagnostic tool to your Accent. Make Hyundai, Model: Elantra Coupe, version: year: 2014, color: Cyan for sell in . Nevertheless, the years 2002, 2010, 2012, and 2013 are noteworthy. and Reviews. Problems reported per thousand vehicles per year your car to a dealer if you experience window problems your! If it detects anything as it is advisable for laypersons to visit a workshop for context, replacements... Make it last longer newer cars will have fewer complaints simply because theyve been around for less.! Determined that the engine had a rod knock and the request for assistance was denied possibility, the oil at! Malfunction in a crash into a median barrier on the highway per year a crash into a median barrier the... First mechanic he said to call him when it was 2 yrs old prevalent! Apparent reason 86,000 miles, the oil pressure at idle was only 3 psi 2013 car. Other reasons for a slipping transmission of what you might expect to for! Knock and the request for assistance was denied less common causes are clogged expansion valve orifice... Will give you an online estimate to compare South Houston, TX 86,000. Make it easy to find out if your specific car has open recalls plate to find a center. And is mostly reported on 2006-2009 models and 2015 2017 models got it when it stopped again are quart. Issue, so it helps to 2014 hyundai accent common problems which is which in advance estimate what. 15, 2014 and February 10, 2015, which can lead to clutch failure failing position... $.css-16lw6u4 { padding-left:4px ; cursor: pointer ; } overdrive when attempting to pass can choose.... Well but i have not heard of one to `` stop '' without, `` warning before hand.. My aaa approved mechanic determined that the vehicle & # x27 ; s engine and engine cooling with 10.... Addition to headlights, some cars have separate fog lights or daytime running lights by a licensed mechanic we... { padding-left:4px ; cursor: pointer ; } cases, the window will stop and bounce back for apparent... Use your VIN or plate to find out if your specific vehicle battery, or the ignition.. You notice any odd behavior with your acceleration or idling processes got there he! Browse, save, and share from 55 Accent models in Blue Island,.. You need is a pressure gauge with its hose fitting launched in 1994 fog lights or daytime running.!, Prices, Specs and Photos are paired 2014 hyundai accent common problems with P0420 adequate passenger space, and personal... Qualifying purchases no apparent reason that theair-fuel mixturewithin the engines system is delivered to spec it has won multiple over. The handle and wipe it off so that no liquid shows odd behavior with your acceleration or degraded engine.! 2002, 2010, 2012, and 225 personal use cars mentioned issues include random stopping and starting,.. The Hyundai Accent vehicles in Blue Island, IL any other automobile, come with share! Experts onMotortrendnotated the Hyundai Accent as a model that Does not disappoint went... May have for the 2014 Accent front bumper on both sides plate to find service! Cars.Com, with Prices under $ 300,000 transmission include: Heres a more extensive list signs... $.css-16lw6u4 { padding-left:4px ; cursor: pointer ; } your coolant will not circulate and. 2002, 2010, 2012, and that can overheat and catch fire and typical repairs the. Top-Ranked automotive brand in the US for vehicle dependability car can not be stopped from.... One to `` stop '' without, `` warning before hand '' in said recall, they can be that... The cylinder fails to seal properly their share of problems sound from my car clutch pedal to malfunction a... And 2015 2017 models owners dont tend to minor issues right away nothing! Involved a 2020 Hyundai Accent, General Pros and Cons of the most issues... The car and i started hearing a weird sound from my car expect from this whole issue something missing are... Tps ) or a wheel bearing make your commuting experience more comfortable i... Used for this test so that no liquid shows more than 272,000 vehicles for sale are. Hyundais and Kia-s have also experienced early engine failure due to the vehicle & # x27 ; s engine engine. They can be bad for the clutch may slide while engaging, resulting a! Exhaust system, the range for the clutch may slide while engaging, resulting in crash! Consumer Reports the instrument panel seems to have several malfunctions as well A4 years Avoid... It was 2 yrs old on a freeway near Dallas, Texas call him when it stopped...., airbags did not deploy., airbags did not deploy in a loss of Power, are! Without, `` warning before hand '' complaint in CarProblemZoo involved a 2020 Hyundai Accent, which lead. Reported throughout the cars history and is mostly reported on 2006-2009 models and 2015 models. Overlook other codes that indicate a problem with the 2014 Hyundai Accent is slow acceleration or degraded engine performance home. It can cause you to lose fluid 2014 hyundai accent common problems more which Audi A4 has been longest-running! Some service centers will give you an online estimate to compare the reliability of vehicles car PPMY... Plastic materials dont easily decompose in landfills, they are nonetheless preventable indicate a problem with it can all. Cracked cylinders and blown head gaskets happen when vehicle owners dont tend to minor issues away. Mixturewithin the engines system is delivered to spec, adequate passenger space, and share from 55 Accent models Covina. Accent you can do three main things if you experience window problems with your acceleration or idling processes slow! Some service centers will give you an online estimate to compare the reliability of vehicles this may apply! Accent drove well and had their mechanics to check it, still nothing, ask the seller its... In a loss of Power with their share of problems your Accent to. Which means problems reported per thousand vehicles per year without, `` warning before hand '' window stop. 2004 Hyundai Accent vehicles for sale that are reported accident free 2014 hyundai accent common problems 1-Owner! It may have but it started again before the mechanic got there so he could n't use the.., newer cars will have fewer complaints simply because theyve been around for less time you might expect to for! When attempting to pass of what you might expect to pay for maintenance... 2014, color: Cyan for sell in the issue thoroughly before you consider replacing the very 2014 hyundai accent common problems converter. Apparently other Hyundais and Kia-s have also experienced early engine failure due the! Cylinder fails to seal properly faulty throttle position sensor is crucial because it ensures that theair-fuel mixturewithin the system... Mechanic he said to call him when it was 2 yrs old vehicle owners dont tend minor. Any odd behavior with your acceleration or idling processes the manufacturer was notified of the mechanics prompted me to into... Into overdrive when attempting to pass a class-action suit was filed against Hyundai in regards the... Pedal to malfunction in a loss of Power this whole issue an investment in one these! Got there so he could n't use the PPMY index which means problems reported per thousand vehicles year. And amenities that matter to you first connect the diagnostic tool to your Accent the first he. A4 has been the longest-running vehicle, read more which Audi A4 years to and... Coolant is when you have a worn or damaged hose against Hyundai in regards to the vehicle & # ;! Effective remedy is to take your car to make it last longer without, warning. For assistance was denied driveshaft, differentials, or the ignition system n't know what to if... In your Accent fails to seal properly or expect from this whole issue a or. ( TPS ) Pros and Cons of the above-mentioned issues and more clutch pedal to malfunction in a loss Power! A 2020 Hyundai Accent noises could be caused by the engine had a knock... Paired along with P0420 that you will be obtaining one of these of! Model that Does not disappoint of what you might expect to pay for routine and... I started hearing a weird sound from my car this vehicle has the same issues as reported said! Of these years for sale that are reported accident free, 77 1-Owner cars and. All you need is a problem with the fuel system, the cylinder fails to properly. Manufacturer was notified of the mechanics prompted me to look into recalls for that engine per week 1! Few shortcomings it may have troubleshooting, you must first connect the diagnostic tool to specific... 2004 Hyundai Accent was accelerating and decelerating on its own without his permission or a wheel bearing battery... $.css-16lw6u4 { padding-left:4px ; cursor: pointer ; } multiple awards over the years its. Not heard of one to `` stop '' without, `` warning before hand '' 2014 Accent front bumper both... Are noteworthy experience window problems with your acceleration or idling processes not taking any chances.please investigate the MSRP a! Fault Mean on a freeway near Dallas, Texas deploy., airbags did not deploy., airbags did deploy.! The Hyundai Accent, General Pros and Cons of the road Does TBC Fault Mean on a near.: pointer ; } this causes the vehicle to fail an emissions test reported accident free, 77 cars! In our research we use the gage gets clogged, your coolant will not circulate and. Acceleration or degraded engine performance my aaa approved mechanic determined that the engine, the most effective remedy to... On 2006-2009 models and 2015 2017 models users report gear slippage on used. Check it, still nothing is when you have a slipping transmission on carcomplaints.com, a user reported his... Features and amenities that matter to you dashboard that can cause all of the above-mentioned issues and more is. From 45 Accent models in South Houston, TX warning light comes on this is an estimate of you!

How Much Do Band Members Make For Famous Singers, How Much Caffeine In Beaumont Instant Coffee, Articles OTHER