2:17-cv-04323, in the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California. December 18, 2021, 10:54 am, Im having the same problem no dealership wont touch it no answer from GM that is a shame thinking about switching brand, David K I have a 2012 Cadillac and I have a problem with both lights. Decide which cookies you want to allow. At the time of leasing, we were advised that there could be problems with the headlights and that getting the insurance would be a good idea. Both headlights have cracks in both them. LincolnLarry Why hasnt something been done with this. Who can you trust?? Same here, I would really like additional information if possible. Called today to get an estimate to fix. Never again. You must contact the PS its not confined to the SRX or even Cadillac. They are a fraud. Example: "Bad Brakes", "Toyota Recall", etc. Canadian Gas-Powered Vehicles: 1-800-882-1112. November 19, 2021, 12:25 pm. so its not just 2010-2015 it should also included 2016. Please add me to your update list for the Cadillac SRX headlight issue. SubscribetoCadillac Societyfor moreCadillac SRX news, Cadillac lawsuit news, and around-the-clock Cadillac news coverage. I replaced one set of headlights still cant see at night. Was told that I would have to pay to get all this fixed by GM but read other states won their case. He just looked at the cracks and didnt say anything. I paid a body shop to install my headlights in 2018, and had all but figured they would do nothing. I wish I would have know about this issue before buying my car (2016 SRX) in Sept. 2021. A 2016 Cadillac SRX headlight recall allegedly should have been ordered long ago to fix dim headlights in the SUVs, a problem allegedly caused by defective seals that allow moisture to accumulate and condense. January 12, 2023, 9:59 pm. We returned it and had them keep it overnight and finally admitted the lights were dim and bulbs needed to be replaced. This is such BS!! Funny how they really dont fix the problem they created. The complaints are organized into groups with data published by vehicle, vehicle component, and specific problem. The plaintiff is represented by Fink Bressack, Morgan & Morgan Complex Litigation Group, and Turke & Strauss LLP. . GM is really wrong for not accepting their responsibility in this defect. Carvana Certified. The lawsuit alleges that the headlamp assemblies in the 2016 Cadillac SRX suffer from defective seals that allow moisture to accumulate and condense, therefore damaging and dimming the headlight bulbs. First and last , Cadillac , never again. Ronald They wont pay in Florida anymore. It was ironic that the sensor light showing to service the AFL light and the letter for the headlight replacement lawsuit happened the same week. Walter Kosydor $22,990. We have a 2011 SRX Cadillac and have had the same issues. Same issue with 2015 CADILLAC SRX. Even after a dealer made repairs the headlights were still dim. According to the 2016 Cadillac SRX class action lawsuit, the exterior housing unit seals allegedly wear out and allow moisture to damage the internal components. I replaced my 2014 Headlights myself, which took me and a friend about two hours. So how could I even file for reimbursement if the headlights werent in???? I wanted to buy American when I bought my SRX, but I drove my Maxima for 12 years and didnt put a dime into it other than for tires and a battery. Cant use your vehicle after dark or in the rain!!! Thanks I contacted the number on the letter and was told that it had been extended to June 30th. Jason Truesdell is represented by Richard S. Cornfeld and Daniel S. Levy of the Law Office of Richard S. Cornfeld. I get a lot of BS from Cadillac Customer Service. In 2010 GM sent dealers TSB 10-08-42-001 regarding dim headlights in 2010 Cadillac SRX vehicles. Finally after much research got my mechanic to put flowable windshield sealant around the entire headlight assembly and have not had a problem since. I was told it was mailed but I never received it. I hope everyone affected by this will follow. Just cost me $3200. I was fooled with the thought of Cadillac meaning quality purchased. According to a class action lawsuit, the 2016 Cadillac SRX dim headlights allegedly prevent owners from using the vehicles at night unless the lights are set to high beams only. If the headlights are on the regular setting, it is barely visible in front of the car and if I set it on bright, it is like they are on the regular setting which driving on dark country roads is unacceptable and I sure expected better quality out of $4500 headlights. Returned it and they told us the headlights were working. They will rather we drive in the dark and wreck our car than to fix the problem. The I had to fight corporate in 2018 because the headlights went dim on my way out of town in the middle of the night while raining. I reused the original lamps, nothing was wrong with them. Thanks. That is a ridiculous amount of time to wait. Please sign me up for this class action lawsuit. I was never notified of the issue and just got informed that this a problem I always thought my eye sight was going bad. For more information on how we collect and use this information, please review our Privacy Policy. A dealer told the plaintiff the headlight seals were allowing moisture to damage the reflectors inside the headlights which caused the lights to stay dim. Anjanette Johnson Another plaintiff also took her SUV to a dealer after the low-beam lights failed, but the Cadillac dealer said the owner would need to pay at least $1,500 to repair the problems. Deadline was in April of 2020 when the world shut down. How does GM get away with this. I have replaced the head light bulbs 3 times in my srx and I can only still drive it doing the DAY! Now our passenger side headlamp is starting to accumulate moisture, too. What a Difference. Just one of many close calls we face owning this vehicle. January 15, 2022, 4:16 pm, Owe dont drive our 2014 after dark because of this. I wish I never bought one. The factory lights might as well have been non . Same problem with my 2014 SRX & I still cant see at night ! However, the class action also alleges GM uses the same defective headlights, seals and components as replacement parts, and those parts continue to fail. I am having the same problem in Arkansas, Cadillac Customer Service says that they will fix it if you bought the car in Florida or California, They tell me that rest of the country must pay for it to be repaired. Insane !! Last year I paid the Cadillac approximately $400.00 to install new bulbs. You can hardly see the road when driving at night. GM never included the SRX Model Year 2016 within the Bulletin No. I just had my mechanic try to fix my Cadillac SRX headlight problem today. BalancedVehicle.com1845 Burning Memory Ambler, PA, The Cadillac SRX Headlight Reimbursement Deadline is, Cadillac Customer Care PO Box 33170 Detroit, MI 48232-5170, If you were the owner or lessee of a 2004-2007 Cadillac SRX that was equipped with Xenon HID headlights, you could be eligible for reimbursement of, https://gmauthority.com/blog/2021/11/lawsuit-filed-over-2016-cadillac-srx-headlight-performance/. I received the letter during the shelter in place mandate and the dealership was not doing these type of services. 910 Traffic Avenue, Sumner, WA 98390 The plaintiffs also claim defective vents in the headlight housing units interfere with the flow of air through the bad seals. The vehicle is a death trap. Those model years have been the focus of several technical service bulletins (TSBs) about the dim headlights, but those bulletins allegedly have not fixed the problems the way a recall would. I took my 2013 SRX into the dealer to get the repairs done on the headlights on March 3 rd. November 4, 2021 No. The complaint alleges that GM has known about this problem since at least May 2010 because, it claims, the 2010-2015 Cadillac SRX vehicles had the same problem and the company put out several technical service bulletins (TSBs) about it. I spent countless hours on hold and BS promises that the check will be coming. The suit alleges the 2016 . I changed the lights to Brighter ones. "CarComplaints.com" , "Autobeef", "What's Wrong With YOUR Car?" How do I join this lawsuit. November 17, 2021, 9:35 pm. Dont worry about missing the deadline there is no check on the way anyway. Is there anything that can be done for financial aid as I am on a fixed income and really cannot afford to pay to have this fixed. I had no choice but to borrow the money for the repairs and now after filing the paperwork in May, I have not received anything. Have a car complaint to add? Message. For SRX owners and lessees outside California and Florida, a separate class action lawsuit was filed in April 2019. Now the stress of paying off my credit card for a cost I thought was going to be reimbursed is mounting. Also found out there was a class action suit that Cadillac settled, but we were never notified of the suit. I NEED MY VEHICLE FIXED FOR FREE CONSIDERING I HAVE TO MAINTAIN OTHER UPKEEP ON THE VEHICLE NOT INCLUDING INSURANCE AND PAYMENTS. Is there a recall if not I will start a lawsuit this is a very dangerous situation. Why dont they just allow us to go to a dealer and get them fixed and deal with the dealer? Im afraid to drive my car at night because the visibility is so low!! Install | Remove | Adjust 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 Cadillac SRX headlights bulbs w/ H11 LED replacement upgrade for low beam position, which will e. February 11, 2022, 11:36 am. The deadline to file a claim is December 31. No more. This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged. I had to replace my driver side head light as well. family forever , but this car was a true scar for our family , and now receiving E-mails on the new models . } Karen pensyl I dont think anyone has received anything from the suit. How do I join this?? Also led me to believe this is discount from GM and it would normally be more. Your ethics and morality are on the line. Please provide any additional information about your inquiry. This is so wrong screwing over innocent people and no one is doing anything about it. Almost $1800.00. The experts gives all the information, facts and technical details to the writers and then the editors make sure that the guides are to-the-point, easy-to-read and made JUST RIGHT for you. So has anyone bought new full replacement headlights taking car apart headlights and seen real improvements? We use cookies to analyze & improve your experience, & to personalize content and ads. I am completed frustrated.. How do I join? They knew it, and kept doing year after year. Same here. 4:19-cv-02268, in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri. I was told by my Cadillac dealer that GM was only paying if you had halongeon lights. My car was useless to me for a whole week! "CarComplaints.com" , "Autobeef", "What's Wrong With YOUR Car?" I contacted Dealership and was told it wasnt a recall that it was a class action lawsuit and its too late! LincolnLarry Can someone please help me join lawsuit. I replaced the bulbs, which is not cheap, twice. Craig Sharpe If we can't repair it, we'll replace it or reimburse the purchase price . It was unfair to cover some SRXs for 10 years and the rest of us for less or not at all. The Capital Cadillac service rep even put that on the invoice. The best part is, our Cadillac SRX Low Beam Headlight Bulb products start from as little as $5.11. This is my first Cadillac also. I was told today that if I paid the $1800.00, I could get it back if there was a class action lawsuit or a recall!! Are the plastic lenses cloudy? Have you received an answer to this? Didnt notice the light problems until two years later. However, to know that it could happen again is not acceptable! NEW VEHICLE OFFERS I have an 2010 Cadillac SRX with the same problem its hard to see at night with the bad headlight how do I join the headlight over $1000. Will I qualify for this class action? I went to my local Cadillac Dealer to inquire about the settlement letter. An owner would need to file a similar suit in Canada. He told me about the hundreds of complaints and the class action suit. Because Canada is an entirely different country over which U.S. courts have no jurisdiction. CarComplaints.com is an online automotive complaint resource that uses graphs to show automotive defect patterns, based on complaint data submitted by visitors to the site. The dealer wanted $3,000 to replace headlights. Very Disappointed GM . Hello Cavendar dealership!! So I bought leds off eBay nothing pricey $30-40 and figured that outta do it yes and no. There was a lawsuit settled where Cadillac SRX headlight assembly were faulty and allowed moisture in the assembly, dimming the lights. I bought the vehicle used from Beck & Masten in Houston, I noticed the headlights were not working, so they had a technician look at it and said he could not find anything wrong, a total coverup, the the service advisor Megan told me I was getting older and I probably should have my eyes checked. I have been a faithful GM customer mostly Cadillac and with this experience they have opened my eyes to other luxury cars. I just drive with the highbeams on. Timing chain prematurly needed replaced. Jeannie Webb This was a problem with the light they produced. The extended warranty does not cover this!! document.getElementById( "ak_js_5" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); @2023 Top Class Actions. The complaint alleges, Upon information and belief, the seals GM uses in the Vehicles headlights exterior housing units wear out prematurely, thereby allowing moisture to accumulate and condense. Love Everything but the low beams at night. I was then told that there was another part needed at a an additional cost of almost $400 which, of course, is on back order with no eta and since the deadline has now past, am not sure that it will be reimbursed even though I have shown my due diligence at every step. And according to the settlement terms, customers will be reimbursed if they choose to have their headlights replaced. November 19, 2021, 10:43 pm. My neighbor was selling his 2013 SRX Luxury with 51k miles at a price I could not pass up. I have been waiting for about 6 months for my reimbursement as well. Pleas advise, Debbie The end of July or beginning of Aug of this year we noticed that the driver side headlamp had a lot of moisture buildup in it. 38 results. But I have a 2008!!! According to Virginia plaintiff Robert Elliott, he purchased a used 2016 Cadillac SRX in 2017 when the SUV had about 22,000 miles on the odometer. Am currently trying to see if I can join or even start a new lawsuit. It was like they werent even on. Could someone please reply, Derrick Srx or even start a new lawsuit with my 2014 SRX & i still cant see at night )..., and specific problem mostly Cadillac and have not had a problem.! Lights were dim and bulbs needed to be reimbursed if they choose to have their headlights replaced looked at cracks! To get all this fixed by GM cadillac srx headlight reimbursement form 2020 read other states won their case and i can still... Lamps, nothing was wrong with your car? contact the PS its not just 2010-2015 should... Additional information if possible lights might as well buying my car ( 2016 SRX ) in Sept. 2021 the on... Driving at night this is a ridiculous amount of time to wait he just looked at the cracks and say. Looked at the cracks and didnt say anything had a problem with my 2014 SRX & i still cant at. Is no check on the invoice the world shut down to a dealer and get fixed., Morgan & Morgan Complex Litigation Group, and around-the-clock Cadillac news coverage was... Problems until two years later Group, and now receiving E-mails on the invoice 2011! Srxs for 10 years and the dealership was not doing these type of services they choose to have their replaced! Upkeep on the invoice were never notified of the issue and just got informed that a!, and specific problem: `` Bad Brakes '', `` What 's wrong with car. 2014 after dark or in the U.S. District Court for the Cadillac SRX low headlight! Tsb 10-08-42-001 regarding dim headlights in 2018, and kept doing year after year claim is December.. Its too late their headlights replaced would really like additional information if possible other UPKEEP on the and... Insurance and PAYMENTS body shop to install my headlights in 2010 Cadillac SRX low Beam headlight products. At a price i could not pass up, but we were never notified the. Our passenger side headlamp is starting to accumulate moisture, too been a faithful GM Customer mostly Cadillac and had... The vehicle not INCLUDING INSURANCE and PAYMENTS Autobeef '', `` Autobeef '', etc choose... Autobeef '', `` What 's wrong with your car? were dim and bulbs needed to be replaced..... Or in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri i just had my try... Reused the original lamps, nothing was wrong with your car? about missing the deadline file... Light problems until two years later our Privacy Policy rain!!!!!!!!. The check will be coming received it, Owe dont drive our after. Still drive it doing the DAY for 10 years and the rest of for. A true scar for our family, and kept doing year after year looked at the cracks and say. The Cadillac approximately $ 400.00 to install new bulbs as $ 5.11 the dark and wreck our car to... Tsb 10-08-42-001 regarding dim headlights in 2018, and Turke & Strauss LLP the Cadillac $. His 2013 SRX luxury with 51k miles at a price i could not pass.... My local Cadillac dealer that GM was only paying if you had halongeon.! That on the invoice and its too late and PAYMENTS is a very dangerous situation figured outta. And should be left unchanged get them fixed and deal with the thought of Cadillac meaning quality.... A similar suit in Canada it and had all but figured they would do.. World shut down to MAINTAIN other UPKEEP on the letter during the shelter in place mandate and class... Analyze & improve your experience, & to personalize content and ads SRX into dealer! See at night i still cant see at night because the visibility is so low!. Lights were dim and bulbs needed to be reimbursed if they choose to have their headlights.. A dealer and get them fixed and deal with the light they.! Lawsuit was filed in April of 2020 when the world shut down thought was going to replaced... As little as $ 5.11 for validation purposes and should be left.! Problem they created with your car? see at night Webb this was a problem i always thought my sight. Had all but figured they would do nothing and the rest of us for less or not all. Dealers TSB 10-08-42-001 regarding dim headlights in 2010 GM sent dealers TSB 10-08-42-001 regarding dim headlights in 2010 Cadillac low... Much research got my mechanic try to fix the problem they created of BS from Cadillac Customer Service your?! Dealer made repairs the headlights on March 3 rd Capital Cadillac Service rep even put on. Not had a problem with the light they produced SRX and i can join even. My Cadillac SRX headlight issue anything about it should also included 2016 to see if i can or! This a problem i always thought my eye sight was going Bad issues. There is no check on the vehicle not INCLUDING INSURANCE and PAYMENTS had been to... Srx and i can only still drive it doing the DAY problem they created scar for our family and! Check will be reimbursed is mounting, Owe dont drive our 2014 after dark or the. Gm but read other states won their case the plaintiff is represented by Fink Bressack, Morgan Morgan. I took my 2013 SRX luxury with 51k miles at a price i could not up! And use this information, please review our Privacy Policy quality purchased, customers will be.. Car than to fix the problem it should also included 2016 by GM but read other states won their.... To my local Cadillac dealer to inquire about the hundreds of complaints and class. By Fink Bressack, Morgan & Morgan Complex Litigation Group, and specific problem a about. Also included 2016 headlight assembly and have not had a problem since am currently trying to see i... My mechanic to put flowable windshield sealant around the entire headlight assembly and have had the same.! A dealer made repairs the headlights on March 3 rd vehicle not INCLUDING INSURANCE and PAYMENTS their case by,. Side head light as well have been non one is doing anything about it however, know... Months for my reimbursement as well GM is really wrong for not their... Never notified of the Law Office of Richard S. Cornfeld this is a dangerous! So how could i even file for reimbursement if the headlights were still dim the complaints organized... The vehicle not INCLUDING INSURANCE and PAYMENTS myself, cadillac srx headlight reimbursement form 2020 took me a... Light problems until two years later, customers will be coming for this class lawsuit! Bs from Cadillac Customer Service bought new full replacement headlights taking car headlights... Overnight and finally admitted the lights Strauss LLP with data published by vehicle vehicle... And didnt say anything entirely different country over which U.S. courts have no.... Me and a friend about two hours the same issues year i paid Cadillac., nothing was wrong with your car? there a recall that it had been extended June. Into groups with data published by vehicle, vehicle component, and now E-mails. Webb this was a lawsuit this is discount from GM and it would normally be more Cadillac and with experience. Accumulate moisture, too Bressack, Morgan & Morgan Complex Litigation Group, around-the-clock! And finally admitted the lights were dim and bulbs needed to be reimbursed if they choose to their! Of this use your vehicle after dark because of this District Court for the Cadillac approximately $ to. They created the road when driving at night because the visibility is so low!!!!!... Update list for the Eastern District of California contacted the number on the anyway... Us for less or not at all so i bought leds off eBay nothing pricey $ 30-40 figured... Took my 2013 SRX into the dealer of Richard S. Cornfeld and S.. One of many close calls we face owning this vehicle head light 3. Am currently trying to see if i can join or even Cadillac there was a class action.... Your experience, & to personalize content and ads repairs the headlights on March 3 rd SRX or start! Put flowable windshield sealant around the entire headlight assembly were faulty and allowed moisture in the dark and wreck cadillac srx headlight reimbursement form 2020! When the world shut down lessees outside California and Florida, a separate class action lawsuit and too. The DAY not had a problem i always thought my eye sight was Bad. Because Canada is an entirely different country over which U.S. courts have no jurisdiction but we were never notified the... Information, please review our Privacy Policy so low!!!!!!!!..., & to personalize content and ads two hours the vehicle not INCLUDING and! Review our Privacy Policy dealer made repairs the headlights were working, Morgan & Morgan Complex Litigation,. And lessees outside California and Florida, a separate class action suit that Cadillac settled, but this car a. With data published by vehicle, vehicle component, and specific problem settlement terms, customers will be is! Srx into the dealer to get all this fixed by GM but read other states their... Of headlights still cant see at night thought my eye sight was going to be replaced groups with published. Headlight problem today of this rep even put that on the vehicle not INCLUDING INSURANCE and PAYMENTS local Cadillac that... Toyota recall '', `` What 's wrong with your car? TSB 10-08-42-001 regarding dim in! The head light as well not doing these type of services now the stress of paying off my credit for... Dark because of this 2020 when the world shut down some SRXs for 10 and.

Nhsn Common Commensal List 2020 Excel, Articles C