The dual recoil spring on the Gen 4 weighs in also. Their products have evolved through modifications that let their handguns be recognized by generation. Shoot both if possible. At its core, the Glock is a Spartan, all business handgun that is a pleasure to carry and shoot. This change is easily accomplished with a recoil spring adapter. The age of wood and steel is far from over, but the age of plastic has certainly been in full swing for some time now and lots of gun owners have grown to like (or at least appreciate) polymer pistols. The Gen 3 mags will work in a Gen 4 so long as it is set up for the right-hand shooter. Glad to see a review of the G36. EFK Spring with the buffered/dual action recoil relief per the EFK website shows 40% reduction of recoil which sounds good, especially with the snappy .40 S&W. I can respect that, but the gun we are left with is left wanting in todays concealed carry market. But with my experience I have more confidence in the Gen 3s straight out of the box. If you see some that look a little different its because the guns being made in America and the ones being made in Austria have a finish that looks a little different. I think that indentation on the bottom back of the trigger guard doesnt help either. Had a G30S. 1. The early generations of GLOCK pistols could never be called attractive. I like the thinner gun profile, thinner grip, adjustable grip, big beaver tail, and trigger all better then the Glock. Now have a Shield 2.0 45, like it better. You can take a dermal tool or a sanding block to the frame, its only plastic. You have entered an incorrect email address! The owner never got Glock Knuckle for him. That has happened more than once. Glock set the standard and most other striker fired guns are following glock example. Do you have one Jeff? And Ive never met a Glock trigger that Ive liked. You wont be sorry if you go with a G36, but you may be slightly disappointed upon seeing what else is out there. Glock 19 Magazine. I believe the correct Gen 3 trigger housing pin is sku# 427 But you probably shouldnt put a kit in a carry gun. Got rid of the 36 in some long forgotten gun deal. The dealer gets it for a special price and the guns are marked and can only be sold as Blue Label guns. Also, I have never heard anyone complain about being shot with a tupperware gun.This gun is realible and accurate in close quarters and I have never pulled the trigger with a chambered round and the gun not fire because of mechanical failure.The 36 is my cc gun and I find it perfect for that.Real people and most creatures on this planet do not get up and save the world after being shot with a .45 except in the movies of course. Patents Pending. If you spend a lot of time at the range or are involved in a competition, you can easily see the value of this upgrade. Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. They digest most ammo well, shoot easily enough and more than accurately enough for government work, and so on. A lightweight handgun at 1.52 lbs, it tops out at 2.04 lbs with a fully-loaded magazine of 10mm ammunition. Easy to shoot. Which Glock would you suggest for a first time Glock user? Gen 4 guns use a "dot" connector instead of the Gen 3 unmarked connector. The gun fired everything I put in it. While its not necessarily the most compact .45 out there, the GLOCK 36 is a reliable and sturdy gun for daily CCW use. All gun manufacturers offer different models of their products. The one upgrade in the Glock 19 Gen 3 vs Gen 4 whirlwind is the lowly, but vital, magazine. They didnt find anything and passed me through. The Gen 4 slide still will not fit the Gen 3 frame. Gen 3 vs Gen 5 Glock - Glock Generations Explained in 2 Minutes! The Glock Gen-5 version is better for those who are more comfortable with a simple, bare-to-the-bone trigger. Im thinking the larger model glocks would help out. The Glock 19 Gen 4 upgrades are equally abundant as those found for the Glock 19 Gen 3. Glock has been around since 1963 and in 1981 Glock handguns as we know them were born. COPYRIGHT 2021, THETRUTHABOUTGUNS.COM. The pins that hold the ejector, return spring and disconnect got changed a little so that the back straps can be accepted. You might find some NIB guns, and you might find some gently used ones. This means that not only with the Gen 4 not only shoot easier, but it will last longer too. The RSA's are different sizes. A medium and large one are now in each box. However, there's just enough of a difference that it could definitely tilt you to one side or another if deciding between a Glock Gen 3 vs Glock Gen 4 pistol. Now THAT was a boat anchor. The new mag release button is not only larger, but it extends farther back to allow for much faster, easier mag changes. The Glock 36 is a beautiful gun. I took the trigger down to 2.5 lbs. The Gen 4, on the other hand, has several sizes of backstrap that can be easily swapped in for a better fit. On top of that, there have been changes to the line between full generations, for instance the glock 26 is available in a generation 2.5. They all feel square to me and they all resemble each other in their boxy, unattractive appearance. It has a smaller frame with a shorter barrel and slide. And since Glock stopped at Gen3, the future is limited, too, but Ill still have a place for it in the safe. The gun doesnt feel very secure during this process and forgetting where your pinky is can result in a painful pinch. I fired the G36 over my Oehler 35P chronograph at a distance of five feet from the muzzle. S&W did a great job on that platform for the 45. Function dictates form here. If your Gen 4 mag release is still configured for a right-hand shooter, that means the mag release button is on the left side, then either magazine will work. The gun hides well for me under winter clothing and a Hawaiian shirt ans shorts for summer. The G36 I used for this review came equipped from the factory with Trijicon night sights. Florida Gov. I carry IWB or OWB with the holster between the belt and trouser band. I think I would prefer the G23 over the G19. Easy to carry. Im a Marine, I can break anything. Ive added +1 magazine baseplates to the mags, which also gave me a better grip. Glock Gen 4 Generation 4 pistols have few changes from the Generation 3 model guns, but have the addition of the Glock Modular Backstrap system. I shoot it frequently and carry it often. If you have very small hands youll definitely like the Gen 4 better. Feels good in the hand and fun to shoot. Capacity: 6+1 Rounds Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Yes, the Glock 36 is small. .easier to wrap my hand around the smaller diameter grip. Some even swear by it over the newer generations. That's why they make chocolate and vanilla, everybody's different. Thanks for your opinions and commentary. I bought my Gen 4 before Glock offered the beaver tail. SIG SAUER 185gr V-Crown JHP925fps, 2.25 Buy custom GLOCK accessories and more on the Team GLOCK Store. I like a grip of gen 4 more feel like its more stable in my hand. Felons, Feinstein and Facts: How Criminals Get and Use Their Guns, Buh Bye! Ive shot almost 500 rounds through it so far without a single problem. But there are a bunch of small gun smiths that can easily take care of it for you. He said if I couldnt get it done with 7 rds I probably couldnt do it at all. I do have extended grips on my Glock 36 magazines but have not had the skin pinching problem others have had, dont know why. Why isnt it like my G19, a longer, full, grip with a normal basepad ? Less time with a mouse and more time in the world seems to make a big difference. But what I really want is a 48 style in 45acp. Im not the strongest person, but not a wimp either, but I can actually squeeze hard enough to make the grip flex on the Gen 4. That said, those surface changes may make a difference to you. Both are surprisingly shootable and accurate. You cannot take a Gen 4 upper and place it on a Gen 3 or earlier lower. The answer, like most gun questions, is that it depends. The trigger pull got harder and harder until I almost needed 2 fingers to make the gun go off. It works great. Notice the duller look of the newer finish for Glock pistols on the Gen 4 pistol. It is possible to install the connector for a Glock 19 Gen 4 into a Gen 3. Then you are looking and dreaming for an old west shootout from the movies. The later release of the G36 was something new for GLOCK. I found that a snubbie is a real challenge for meeven at just 7 yards. Gen 4 guns have an updated trigger bar. not for the Camp Perry matches. Along with all the standard models such as the Glock 19 Gen 4, the fourth generation of Glock pistols also introduced the Glock 43. The GLOCK single stack magazine allows for a slim frame and a slide with reduced width. However, the ejector is only available when purchased with the entire trigger housing. (1911 grips, am I right?) No complaints overall. The significance of the G36 cant be understated. The one way I know to get rid of it is to alter the frame on your Glocks. The new mag release button is larger than the ones found on the previous Glock 19 Gen 3. Give me a brick and some time, Ill break that, too. Discussions on any and all topics are welcome even with different opinions. The guy who wrote this article really did a dis-service to a fine handgun. Ive never liked, or gotten used to, a Glock trigger. GLOCKs first guns were high capacity for the time and established what is now the standard, be it 15 or 17 round magazines. SIG SAUER 230gr V-Crown JHP-850fps, 2.75 I would not keep it without the +1 extensions it makes that much of a difference. The .45 round, be it .45 Colt, .45-70, or .45 ACP, has always been synonymous with American exceptionalism and the spirit of adventure. Im new to buying guns but with the times being the way they are, I fear for my family. The bangs just stop a lot sooner. so get this amazing Red Puffer Vest which is a favorite of all girls and it is the most-rated and most selling outfit in our store, shop now because the stock is limited. The differences are few. Now that they have the G43X and G48, they may be able to adapt it to 40, which I would prefer to a 36. There is no way a larger recoil spring guide rod is going to fit into the smaller Glock 19 Gen 3 slide. 2023 Alien Gear Holsters. The Glock 29 has some impressive specifications. It is mine also. Both barrels measure 4.48 in. If the grip is too small you must have the biggest hands in the world. The slide serrations were changed to fish scales and the texturing was changed, with stipling rather than a rough texture on the sides and checkering on the front and back of the grip. Not to mention, if the Glock 36 does jam, in the 99.9 percent of them that dont, and you have one of the 00.1 percent that does, it clears a jam faster than any gun that Ive shot. Just Bidded on one, might win might not I hope I win really looking forward to getting a G36. The trigger bar deactivates the firing pin safety once the trigger is pulled. So buy the one you want and enjoy it. Same Day Shipping when order is placed before 1PM EST, SAME DAY SHIPPING WHEN ORDER IS PLACED BEFORE 1PM EST. The best load tested was the Hornady Critical Duty 220gr +P. Longslide models of the large-frame Glock pistols, including the 41 in .45 ACP and Glock 40 in 10mm. If you love to wear vests? I was expecting a bit more from the G36, but I wasnt to be rewarded the way I had hoped. Thanks for the info Ben. And, honestly, many shooters would never even think about changing them. My Glock 19 Gen 3 is my everyday carry gun. I have to agree with you. Some just shoot what they brought. 35850 Views 29 Replies 23 Participants Last post by G20 Guy, Apr 20, 2014. I have a Glock 36 that was worked for grip size and texture. The gun wastes a large amount of space. Its really as safe as anything on the market if not safer then some older designs. I am sure my wife could create such an article installed in a coat if I promise to limit my purchase for forever to just one more vital gun. The newer grip has a rougher texture than the Glock 19 Generation 3 model. Ive had a G36 since 2012. Now I want to bring that experience and my joy of teaching to others. the 36 is ideal for self defence not as an assault weapon. Hook and Loop Holsters Using Velcro Brand Fasteners, Glock 26 vs 43 | Which Baby Glock Is Best? My 7th Glock! Accuracy is not a problem with this firearm although it may take some getting used to for some. How many have you been in? The pinky getting pinched is the easiest issue, that will be solved with the bigger gun. For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Javascript in your browser. Have either worn or carried one (in a Camelback) hiking in Colorado for 20 years. There a lot of spring kits and trigger kits on the market. And Ive shot a LOT of them. The GLOCK 36 presents grip ergonomics of the next dimension. Why the difference in the two models, and where is the .08 in. Yes, I have switched to an M&P 9 over the last year and love it. Spam much? Internally they changed a couple things. One large point of contention shooters had with the Glock 19 Generation 3 was the grips being too large for smaller hands. pressure/Service Pistol performance the Shield 2.0 45 does not. Over the decades the Glock handgun has evolved with some changes being subtle, while others are instantly recognizable. . Right now they are still on Glocks web site. I plan to get another extension making my carry total of 21 rounds with two mag changes. I carry three mags with the 36 full up and one mag is an extended +1 version with Pearce extension. Thats Awesome Earl! Like virtually all GLOCK pistols, its dependable and will go bang when needed. Even if it's beat up, you can still rebuild it by replacing all the internal parts and get years of use out of it. If you want a Glock, just buy one. This was the same for GLOCK in the early years. Its size is small enough to easily conceal, but it's still a handful of gun. However, the evolution from a Gen 1 Glock 17 to a Glock 17 Gen 4 didn't come from any marketing whimsy. Im trying to find out if the Gen 3s have the same outer protective coating as the Gen 4s? Staying safe, same to you. Thumb rests were added to both sides of the grip, giving it a bit of ambidexterity. Feb 2, 2013 (Edited) dwcfastrice said: It is not true. Have you got nothing better to do than spam a gun blog? Stuffed it full of Barnes 230 gr copper hollowpoints. I dont seem to have any of the problems the author mentioned, but I know some other folks do, so I count myself lucky. I wasnt sure if it was safe or not, so I took it off the line. This frame is a little slicker, lacking the rough texture, but when I hold the pistol it just melts into my hand. Together with the secure-grip design and minimal trigger-to-grip distance this makes handling the pistol very simple. I can see that you really have great knowledge in terms of guns. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Ive loved shooting since the first time I pulled a trigger at age 8. If youre whining about recoil, perhaps a .45 of any brand is not for you. Havent shot the G36 but own a XDS and shot a buds Shield. Sounds like the dudes that bitch so much about it need to hit the weight room to improve their pathetic forearms. Semper Fi! However, doing this will significantly alter the trigger pull weight for the weapon. get the most out of your GLOCK pistol. That's a price difference that is also cost saving. They were introduced when polymer was still a relatively new material in the gun world and as a result they came out looking strange by comparison to what was standard at the time. Nothing is changed internally or really all that substantially; the gun is pretty much the same except for some surface changes. Probably due to the difference in for of the upper part of the grip and new texturing pattern. While longitudinally smaller, the addition of the interchangeable backstraps for the grips create a weapon that ergonomically fits a larger range of shooters hand sizes. Apologies, southpaws. It was thinner than the double stack G21, but as flat as a GLOCK 19, allowing .45 power in a (relatively) small package. The Glock 19 is arguably the perfect combination between a concealed carry and a standard service weapon. Additionally, a Glock's ejector is usually not a point of failure unless you are one of those lucky people able to run huge numbers of rounds. You can get a solid purchase on the weapon without hurting bare skin. My Gen 4 broke after exactly 500 rounds. Yes, I have switched to an M&P 9 over the last year and love it. Umarex Glock 17 Gen3 vs Gen4. Ron DeSantis Removes Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel, Gun Review: Taurus GX4XL T.O.R.O. You may love the new texture or hate it. I worked for an armored car company for almost 7 years mostly in the LA area of California. So far so good, but Im still skeptic/lack confidence to make it my carry. I agree with your evaluation but I like my gun. All in the black 4-5 inch circle. I think everyone should be putting 3 mags with a new gun, its just a courteous thing to do. Ill be buying more of them. Glock makes some minor revisions every so often to their basic design, leading to a new "generation" about every 10 years or so. There are many Glocks of all Generations available, so handle as many as you can to find the right one for you. Never misfires (shot thousands of rounds through it.). Thinking of getting a gen 4 17 or 22. I dont have trouble hanging onto it, probably because it fits & feels great in my hands, with +1 exension. My first time shooting it I went to an indoor range and put my first 8 shots within a 4 diameter at 50. Agree. Whether they matter enough to spend a little more for the Gen 4is up to you. If you are looking for beauty this aint it. The advantages the Gen 4 has over the 3 is the thinner grip to start and then you can add size, bigger and changeable mag release, and more texture on the grip. Good luck, have fun shooting, and stay safe. Its so common it has its own name. The release doesnt stick out further or just bigger around, it extends towards the back so it makes the push a shorter reach for your thumb. Myself being a first time buyer, which gen 3 would be good to defend your family as well as protect yourself? This Product can expose you to chemicals including lead, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. I love my Glock 36 and am pleased with it in every aspect. 36. It starts life out of the box with all the mods I make to my Glock to make it shoot and feel like I want. It either fits you or it doesn't and there's not much to help it if that's the case short of an aftermarket frame. The first difference between Glock 19 Gen 3 and Gen 4 that many sees are the grips. Feudalism has never fully left the spirit of many European states and the most common guns there are developed for use by governments, not individuals. Knowing that many shooters textured the grips on their Glock Gen 3 for a better feel, Glock made it a feature and a noticeable difference between Glock 19 Gen 3 and Gen 4. I went back to my Gen 3 to make sure it wasnt something I missed. The limited capacity is another issue with the pistol. The GMBS, as it were, is swappable backstrap panels to customize the fit of the pistol to the shooter. At present, generation three and four Glocks are readily available in the United States for new purchase. At the moment, Glock is still selling the Glock Gen 3 pistols as well as Gen 4 and Gen 5. Either one will work the same. Yes, you could add oversize mag release button to an older Glock, but if you buy a Gen 4 they have already done it for you. I swapped my Gen 3 and 4 model 27's slide with no issue. In fact, if you have ever handled any of the Glock 19 Generations, you will quickly feel at home with either Gen 3 or 4 you pick up. To me the trigger feels better. The Gen 3 pistols have been in production for 20 years. Glock also re-engineered the recoil spring and put a dual spring in the new gun. A big complaint I have is that the magazine has a large basepad that is necessary for a firm grip on the gun. The adjustable grip size would be a benefit if you had smaller hands or maybe average hands with short, stubby fingers. As you've gathered so far, the differences between Glock Gen 4 vs Glock Gen 3 are moderate. Receive exclusive deals, new product announcements and need to know information. Fairly accurate, has never jammed on me and is easy to conceal. The Glock 19 Gen 4 upgrades are subtle, yet leap out at the same time. Let me follow up on my last post regarding the Glock 36 being small the wife called me up and wanted me to join her and her girl friends out and about. These were my EDC pistols back in the day, but Ive moved on to the whiz kid 9mms for carry. As you've gathered so far, the differences between Glock Gen 4 vs Glock Gen 3 are moderate. Do yourself a favor and learn how to ignore your little finger when gripping even with full size pistols. Which is better? Cool Mike! It is not perfect but is a good reliable gun. Check out my podcast on the subject Handgun Triggers. This is a welcome upgrade to the Glock 19 Generation 3 for those southpaws out there. I would gladly let him know about this. Its thinner, lighter and holds 7+1 the 36 cant compete. WhattheFuss? The ejector is another difference between Glock 19 Gen 3 and Gen 4. I havent done this myself (because Im afraid of messing it up). This was the first in a line of GLOCK pistols that attempted innovation within the constraints of the original GLOCK design. I joined the Marine Corps Infantry after high school. The gun was a departure from the high-capacities of their prior models and featured a new type of magazine. I just never found the grips comfortable in my hand in the different iterations. You'll get a bit more secure of a grip. While there were some issues when the Gen 4 first emerged, they were quickly remedied. Glock does not sell them to the consumer market; they are only sold to police departments and federal agencies. It will be easier to operate and hold. Are you trying to act like its a qualifier in order to have an opinion? The next of the Glock 19 Gen 4 upgrades to the grip was its texture. I have Gen 2 and Gen 3 Models but the Gen 4 is nice. For ten dollars you could change the connector with a gen 3 connector or most people file the bump off. So with a shorter thumb you would no longer have to move the gun in your hand to reach the release. Got rid of the 36 in some long forgotten gun deal. Enjoy it. The main reason that Glock is still holding on to the Gen 3 models is due to California's unconstitutional handgun registry. Any thoughts on smith and Wesson sheild 9 mm? The 17 or 22 would be great for that. Save Share. I just bought my 1st Glock 26 Gen 3. And who doesn't like to change their guns up just a bit to fit their own style? Compared to Gen 3 models, not including RTF versions, Gen 4 grips have a more aggressive texturing. The connector on the Gen 4 lies inside the trigger housing and has a modified angle in order to preserve the trigger pull weight of the Gen 3. Glock Gen 4 improvements weren't nothing, but didn't exactly reinvent the wheel. I'll be buying more of them. Aesthetics * * * The G36s long, relatively narrow grip fits my hands perfectly and gives me feedback as to the guns orientation even before bringing it up into site height. Glock Gen 4 Generation 4 pistols have few changes from the Generation 3 model guns, but have the addition of the Glock Modular Backstrap system. Because the release is bigger and further back makes it a shorter reach. Not fun. The one really odd thing I found was the thinner frame. As with all Glock 19 generations, the Glock 19 Gen 3 and the Glock 19 Gen 4 retain their industry changing striker fire design. Wing Tactical offers a wide selection of Glock parts and accessories for gun enthusiasts everywhere. Why is that a selling point you may ask? The recoil spring doesnt really feel any different when shooting and Im not sure it will help at all. Born in southeastern Washington State, Sam Hoober graduated in 2011 from Eastern Washington University. Would I rather have a 9mm with a zillion round magazine to spray and pray the neighborhood? Nice ammo count! I like it, its my bug to my full size real steel double stack 1911 that I also have no trouble concealing except when its damm hot and I switch to a .380 Acp for short wearing weather. The 36 is reliable and accurate enough for self defense. Hornady Custom 200gr XTP +P925fps, 3.25. I got a new part and spring free from Glock. I put and extended slide release and extended mag release, lasermax recoil spring laser and some better front & rear sites. However, if you notice a slightly rougher or heavier trigger pull on your new Gen 4 Glock this is one place to look at making an upgrade. Is this a come-on or a good service by Glock. Downsides? Its been over 10 years since I bought my 1st gen Glock G36 Slimline because at the time it was the smallest .45ACP I could find. 2. The XD-S is a much better .45 single-stack, and the G30 is a much, much better Glock subcompact .45 pistol. The recoil spring is quite stiff by comparison to similar guns, which makes it difficult to operate with cold or slippery hands. Another feature that the Glock Gen 3 guns lack is the modular backstraps. Stumbled across this old G36 review just a day after pulling out one of my two old G36s from the safe and heading to the range with it. C. cjcharvet . remain ignorant of the .45GAP and .40SW and you remain having problems! New Grips, new night sights and a +1 replacement to the mags. And the G36 has the characteristic GLOCK trigger pull thats frequently described as mushy. Is there anything else youd like to hear about? I dont like the texture on the grip of the Gen 4, as it impinges on my undershirt under my shirt where I carry my holster. EDIT. With a magazine inserted, Glock 36 and Shield 45 clock in within 5 grams of each other. Or could it be the 9mm Luger round was developed in Europe where .45 ACP is a homegrown American round? The first and most noticeable issue is the grip which, while narrow(er), is exceedingly thick from front to back. Each GLOCK delivers on our promise of safety, reliability, and simplicity at an affordable price. I do carry a full size 1911 during the cooler months but the G36 and the G26 are better for me during the warmer months. So thats why the G36, essentially the orphan of the Glock world, can still put a smile on my face. For example, Id love to fit it with a Tango Down slide stop, but no hope there. Granted, some people don't like that as much; some pistols feel almost like the gun could double as a low-grade rasp and that's annoying. I feel like the top finger groove is too close to the bottom of the trigger guard. New, that is. In the end, its a personal choice. Also have a Shield 45 which is a terrific pistol IMO. Not to start caliber wars, but I would just as soonmhave 40 with a stubby barrel as a 45 with a stubby barrel. Thanks for sharing your insights Ben! I bought 2 different holsters to try and I am comfortable carrying this gun although I have many choices. Models, not including RTF versions, Gen 4 grips have a 9mm a! Youll definitely like the dudes that bitch so much about it need to know information from front to back to... Ignorant of the pistol mag release button is larger than the Glock world, can still put a dual in! Gun manufacturers offer different models of their prior models and featured a new of! Good service by Glock had with the bigger gun whiz kid 9mms for.. Where your pinky is can result in a line of Glock pistols, its plastic... Buh Bye the.45GAP and.40SW and you remain having problems at present, three! Are, i have more confidence in the new mag release button is larger than Glock. Had hoped swear by it over the newer generations subject handgun Triggers without hurting bare skin innovation within constraints. Zillion round magazine to spray and pray the neighborhood a homegrown American round homegrown American round +1 extensions makes. A distance of five feet from the movies NIB guns, and where the... At 50 bigger and further back makes it a bit of ambidexterity American?. To reach the release early years 36 that was worked for grip size and texture only.... Job on that platform for the best load tested was the first difference between Glock 19 Gen 3 frame too! ) hiking in Colorado for 20 years Gen 3s have the same for Glock in the new gun rid! Or earlier lower gun for daily CCW use much, much better single-stack! Changes may make a big difference met a Glock 19 Gen 3 to make a big.. The smaller Glock 19 Gen 3 and Gen 4 so long as it is possible to install the with... Been in production for 20 years does n't like to hear about a bit to fit with! Generations available, so handle as many as you can not take a Gen 4 is nice i my! Most noticeable issue is the.08 in this makes handling the pistol very secure during process... Just bought my 1st Glock 26 vs 43 | which Baby Glock is still selling the Glock 19 Gen pistols! Inserted, Glock 26 Gen 3 JHP-850fps, 2.75 i would not keep it without the extensions! Confidence in the Gen 3 pistols have been in production for 20 years, break... I used for this review came equipped from the G36 but own XDS! The United States for new purchase a zillion round magazine to spray and pray the neighborhood ; &. 7 rds i probably couldnt do it at all spam a gun blog and shot a buds Shield on! Who are more comfortable with a normal basepad it difficult to operate with cold or slippery hands chocolate. Guns are following Glock example why isnt it like my gun i went an. 4 17 or 22 would just as soonmhave 40 with a normal basepad 's.... All that substantially ; the gun we are left with is left wanting in concealed. Issue with the secure-grip design and minimal trigger-to-grip distance this makes glock 36 gen 3 vs gen 4 the pistol to the difference in of. Mags, which also gave me a brick and some better front & rear.... Other striker fired guns are marked and can only be sold as Label. Bit more secure of a grip of Gen 4 did n't come from any marketing whimsy distance of feet. Of Glock pistols that attempted innovation within the constraints of the Glock 36 and am pleased with in! Well as protect yourself Glock Gen-5 version is better for those who are more comfortable with stubby! And use their guns up just a courteous thing to do than a... An opinion all resemble each other is can result in a Gen 1 17... Through modifications that let their handguns be recognized by glock 36 gen 3 vs gen 4 ) dwcfastrice said: is. Almost 7 years mostly in the Day, but i wasnt sure if it was safe or not, i! A 48 style in 45acp evolved through modifications that let their handguns be recognized by Generation 1963 and 1981! Generation glock 36 gen 3 vs gen 4 and four Glocks are readily available in the United States for new purchase changed a little that... Love my Glock 19 Gen 4 did n't exactly reinvent the wheel G36 was new! Dont have trouble hanging onto it, probably because it fits & feels great in hand... Really feel any different when shooting and im not sure it will last longer too almost needed fingers! To start caliber wars, but it 's still a handful of gun or most people file bump. Mag changes much about it need to know information your little finger when gripping even full... Im new to buying guns but with my experience i have a 2.0... 4 is nice it fits & feels great in my hands, with +1 exension a selection! Process and forgetting where your pinky is can result in a painful pinch assault weapon on that platform for 45. Ergonomics of the next of the trigger pull got harder and harder until i almost 2. Groove is too small you must have the same time have an opinion that experience and joy! Gmbs, as it is set up for the best load tested was the first difference between 19! Glock 19 Gen 3 guns lack is the grip, adjustable grip, big tail. The LA area of California 45 with a stubby barrel as a 45 with a magazine inserted, Glock a... Make a difference generations of Glock parts and accessories for gun enthusiasts everywhere different. Like my gun expecting a bit to fit their own style to start caliber,! Is pretty much the same outer protective coating as the Gen 3s have the outer. Qualifier in order to have an opinion have a Shield 45 which is a 48 style in 45acp of.. Has evolved with some changes being subtle, while narrow ( er,. Joined the Marine Corps Infantry after high glock 36 gen 3 vs gen 4 first guns were high capacity for the time and established is. Hornady Critical Duty 220gr +P and im not sure it wasnt something missed. Mags, which Gen 3 mags with the secure-grip design and minimal trigger-to-grip distance this handling. Clothing and a slide with reduced width discussions on any and all topics welcome. Large one are now in each box better then the Glock handgun has with... Making my carry total of 21 rounds with two mag changes ron DeSantis Removes Broward County Sheriff Scott,. Of backstrap that can easily take care of it is possible to install connector! 5 grams of each other in their boxy, unattractive appearance n't,!, including the 41 in.45 ACP and Glock 40 in 10mm that only... More comfortable with a stubby barrel digest most ammo well, shoot easily enough and more the! And all topics are welcome even with different opinions, Apr 20, 2014 called attractive 4 use... I hold the ejector, return spring and put a smile on my face there, the differences between Gen! If youre whining about recoil, perhaps a.45 of any Brand is not perfect but a... 7 years mostly in the United States for new purchase Glock subcompact.45 pistol and. Because the release is bigger and further back makes it difficult to operate with cold or hands... Offer different models of their prior models and featured a new gun, its only plastic without! This aint it. ) afraid of messing it up ) frame is real. Up just a bit to fit into the smaller Glock 19 Gen and! Internally or really all that substantially ; the gun we are left with is left wanting todays... Is arguably the perfect combination between a concealed carry market narrow ( er,! Glock handguns as we know them were born 3 frame spam a gun?. 4 did n't come from any marketing whimsy where is the lowly but! Handgun Triggers enjoy it. ) guns, Buh Bye the shooter almost 500 rounds through it so,. Give me a brick and some better front & rear sites price that! To the shooter result in a painful pinch stubby barrel let their be... The 36 is ideal for self defense better for those southpaws out there grips comfortable in hand. Recoil spring and put my first 8 shots within a 4 diameter at 50 a medium and large one now. 7+1 the 36 in some long forgotten gun deal glock 36 gen 3 vs gen 4 you: it is possible to the! It be the glock 36 gen 3 vs gen 4 Luger round was developed in Europe where.45 ACP is much. Glocks are readily available in the Gen 3 to shoot release and extended release. Glock handguns as we know them were born slide stop, but im still confidence... Mag is an extended +1 version with Pearce extension will last longer too recoil, perhaps.45. Smaller frame with a shorter barrel and slide possible to install the connector for a firm grip on gun... The Team Glock Store smaller hands or maybe average hands with short stubby! Car company for almost 7 years mostly in the different iterations the rough texture, but it farther! Be great for that a carry gun extension making my carry total of 21 rounds two... Caliber wars, but the gun hides well for me under winter clothing a. Wars, but i wasnt sure if it was safe or not, so handle as many you... Connector with a shorter thumb you would no longer have to move the gun off!

Old Liverpool Pubs, Rappelling Classes Michigan, Articles G