The despicable cross-bolt safety that has infected most of the lever-gun biosphere (although not the Henry) simply didnt exist back then, and neither did the awkward and easily-broken tube magazine plunger. This rifling uses many small lands and grooves rather than 2, 4, or 6 deeper grooves used by the majority of rifle makers. The cookie stores information anonymously and assigns a randomly generated number to recognize unique visitors. The Golden Model 39A may not fall into the same low-cost category as many of the used .22 rimfires some dealers find difficult to sell and so price accordingly, but this one is rather more special. Northern Irish firearms licensing teams struggle to manage backlog of applications. Its a poorly-fitting replacement part that wasnt made for this rifle. Marlin Golden 39A Lever Action .22 Rimfire. The Golden Model 39A started life as the Marlin Model 1891, the first lever-action rifle ever chambered in .22LR and the magazine was loaded through a conventional side gate in the receiver. Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. Ive shot many 39s and some have a better trigger than my 39A. Model: 336 SERIES, 1894 SERIES, 1895, 1895S, 39A, 39AS, 39M, 39TDS, 375, 444, S,SS. But mine is dandy. Need Help?service@guns.comCall (866)582-4867, PO Box 1131 13800 Nicollet Blvd Burnsville, MN 55337 2023Guns.com. Forged steel parts set this rifle apart from many in the pack. The rifle was modified into a takedown design a few years after its introduction. The only jarring character mark on the whole rifle is its hard plastic buttplate. Boys back in my youth would pickup Coke bottles and sell them back to the grocery store for a nickel a piece. Micro-Groove. It is recommended that all parts be fit by a qualified gunsmith. Please be respectful of others. Ill take it off your hands and save you, and subsequent generations, too much fun. They both shoot like laser beams. Bottom Tang Width: .525" The Rifleman was one of the most popular TV shows at the time. Later the front sight was notched on either side to slide a hood over the front sight to reduce glare. It was a beautiful 39 with the pistol grip. Guys, if you dont own a Malin 39, of some description, your firearms battery is sucking wind. We want to ensure that making a return is as easy and hassle-free as possible! Feeding and functioning was, well, perfect. In fact when Remington purchased Marlin the 39A was the only lever action Marlin had in production until the factory geared up. But hope springs eternal. The Model 39 then appeared in 1921 and the Model 39A in 1939. The Marlin 39 has been universally acclaimed as a reliable and accurate rifle. Browse our online store for new and used lever-action rifles for sale. Marlin / Glenfield Rifles 39 Series 39A Early Model. The Golden 39A is constructed in Remington's Marlin factory in Ilion, NY. When Remington was making them they were only doing it on a Special order basis and they charged over$3,000.00. The "third variation" of the Model 39 series appeared in 1946, the fourth variation added a fluted comb, the fifth variation was introduced in 1951, and Marlin's "Micro-Groove" rifling appeared in 1953. The receivers finish has dulled to a pleasing satin patina, though, with some patches of minor surface discoloration. MARLIN ORIGINAL GOLDEN 39A. The lever-action .22 Caliber Golden 39A is produced by the Marlin Firearms Co. of New Haven, Connecticut. I feel so blessed to have received this beautiful rifle. Cant we convert the lever to full auto! Mar 12, . The rifle is a 30/30 lever action with the gold trigger. The Marlin 39A was my first rifle and I bought it myself for about $70 as I recall from a Western Auto Store in Buffalo, NY. They have excellent triggers, they are known for accuracy, a smooth action, and durability. Alexa analytics service - keep track on user informations. Im not a whiz at rating firearm finishes on the NRA scale, but the blued barrel still retains almost all of its original blueing except at the corners. Glad to hear their coming back. The screw that allows the easy takedown, however, is frequently criticized as it disrupts the otherwise clean lines of the rifle. Smith & Wesson Model 586: Reviewing A .357 Revolver With Class. Top Tang Width: .535" We have always joked that if you miss with the Model 39, its certainly not the rifles fault! A while after giving it to him I replaced it with a MAS45 that I cherish as much as the 39A. I have a 39A Golden Mountie Carbine that I purchased New in 1964 and it looks as good as the day I bought it. It doesnt fit with the same precision that every other part does, but it still fits better than the bolts I saw on new-manufacture Marlin 39As in the bad ol Freedom Group days. Or a fragment of a clay pigeon. Some of the data that are collected include the number of visitors, their source, and the pages they visit anonymously. Work the lever pressing forward, not down, and the hammer is cocked and the rifle is ready to fire. They sold their Marlin interest to Rugar and Rugar has not said if they are going to bring back the 39. This rifle is probably the most accurate .22 Ive ever shot or owned. [5] Marlin has since made two "special runs" of Annie Oakley commemorative 39A rifles to honor Oakley's achievements and fame while using their brand. He liked it so much he put a scope on it. Thanks to Micro-Groove rifling, a special process that produces less bullet distortion and a better gas seal, this rifle punches tiny groups most other 22s can't touch. Unlike most all other .22 lever guns it's made of solid forged steel and American Walnut. Weight . I also have the Article 2 commemorative model my Dad gave me for my Birthday in the early 70s. I have a Century 39 Marlin and Its far and away one of my most favoritest guns I own. When I dress Western, nothing beats the classic good looks of my Smith & Wesson (S&W) 586 .357 revolver. The Mission of Cheaper Than Dirt! Really. He has degrees in meteorology and mining engineering, and retired from the Department of Defense after a 30 year career in Army Research, Development, Testing, and Evaluation. With CCI Velocitor ammo, my 39A shoots into an inch at 100 yards. I doubt it. Ive thought about replacing it many times but never did but I still think about it. Representatives of Remington/Marlin were friendly but referred me to the only two Remington representatives at the show who seemed authorized to answer substantive questions. Other uncategorized cookies are those that are being analyzed and have not been classified into a category as yet. Todays Ruger-owned Marlin may yet rescue this classic design from its shameful demise. $899.99 . It would feed any type of .22 for a total of 26 rounds of shorts. We want you, our readers, to be able to make informed decisions. Description Reviews (0) Description . When many traveled to the hunting grounds by buckboard or horseback, a takedown or folding rifle was an advantage. The Marlin Golden 39A represents the oldest and longest continuously produced shoulder firearm in the world. By signing up you agree to Guns.com's It went on to become one of the biggest-selling lever-action rimfires in US history. Click on any part number highlighted in RED to view specific details or to purchase online. I got one from my grandfather 50 years ago it was modified for smaller shooters they cut the stock I love this guy and still have it I was wondering if anybody out there knew where I could get a replacement stock we had a 3030 the same model and we would switch it from the 22 to the 3030 for smaller shooters the 3030Was stolen a while back I would love to have a long stock on it now thanks. YouTube sets this cookie via embedded youtube-videos and registers anonymous statistical data. Description: Marlin Model Golden 39A Lever Action .22LR Rifle. The bright blued octagonal barrel was a thing of the past, replaced by a round barrel with a rough Dremel tool finish. Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with relevant ads and marketing campaigns. Marlin Golden 39A Lever Action .22 Rimfire. All parts listed in this category are specific to the Marlin Model 39A rifles made post-2009 unless otherwise noted. The only exception is the bolt itself, which seems as though it might have been a replacement part, transplanted from another rifle at some point. The Mountie has a magazine capacity of 20 Short, 16 Long or 15 Long Rifle .22 cartridges. This rifle is a little shorter than the usual 24-inch barrel Marlin 39. Weight: 6.5 lbs 20 1/2".. maybe if you are really lucky. A FINE AND SMALL ROSEWOOD DOUBLE FUSEE LIBRARY CLOCK WITH LEVER. [2] The Golden Mountie Model 39A was introduced in 1954. By signing up you agree to Guns.com's The rifle has been in production, in one form or another, since 1891. What a blast. The Marlin 39A represents the oldest and longest continuously produced shoulder firearm in the world. Out of these, the cookies that are categorized as necessary are stored on your browser as they are essential for the working of basic functionalities of the website. Five years later the solid frame was changed to a takedown design which allowed the gun to be separated at the receiver for cleaning and storage, using a nickel for a screwdriver. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. I think the Skinner Sights aperture sight is a great improvement for any lever-action rifle. Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. With a capacity of 19 .22 LR rounds, you can load up and hunt for a long while without fumbling for clips or otherwise bothering to reload. Good. Wallack, LR. The "redesigning" is generally considered so slight that the rifle is regarded as essentially the same article for over the last 100 years with in well in excess of two million produced. I own a Marlin Model 336 from my Father. The standard sights are fine for most uses to 50 yards. The pattern element in the name contains the unique identity number of the account or website it relates to. The first Model 39A's were in production from 1922 until 1938. about 50,000 were made during those years. Overall Rating: * * * * * Today a Marlin Model 39a will cost you an average of $896.99 which is $42.00 lower than the 12-week average price. Do Not Take the ATF Up On the Free SBR Pistol Brace Registration Scam, SB Tactical, FRAC and 25 States Sue ATF to Block The Largest Gun Registration Scheme in US History, Oh, The Humanity: Latest Polling Shows a Majority of Americans Now Oppose an Assault Weapons Ban, Smith & Wesson Announces the New M&P FPC Pistol Caliber Carbine, Get Ready for the Invasion of Canadian Feral Super Pigs. The prices of existing stocks increase dramatically. 22 S/L/LR LEVER ACTION 10 ROUNDS 24 BARREL. Even Marlin Owners.com, The High Road, Rimfire Cental & Marlin Collector's Assn Forums Agree In 1893 the renowned American sharpshooter Annie Oakley put 25 shots through the same ragged hole at a range of 11 metres using .22 Short cartridges. BROCKBANK AND ATKINS, LONDON. With the twist of a nickel, the split receiver opens like a Faberge Egg, revealing the marvelous lockwork of hand-fit Steampunk intricacy. I know mine brought home its share of small game. The old-style tubular magazine loading was vastly better then than it is now, but still awkward. The Golden 39A is constructed in Remington's Marlin factory in Ilion, NY. Take the spring-loaded inner tube out of the magazine tube and drop cartridges straight down the tube, or simply move it to the spot where you may load cartridges into the opening in the loading tube body. K-Mart Classics: Remingtons Nylon Rimfires Engineered To Last. "Sixty Million Guns". The tubular magazine was changed to front-loading with the Model 1892, due to the difficulties of receiver feeding the small rimfire round. It was again renamed this time the model 1897 Bicycle Rifle. Barrel measures approx. They are an iconic rifle. I bought it in August of 1977 at K-Mart, Pueblo CO. Many squirrels were taken by both guns. I have taken quite a few in this manner. This is a great buy if you're looking for a handy plinking rifle that's fun to shoot and great for small game hunting. Toward the latter part of the Model 39s long production run it became apparent that the old bolt design wasnt strong enough to handle then-modern high-speed .22 Long Rifle cartridges. $350.00 to $400.00 MAX on the price Itll sell. My first lever gun. In 2000 another run of the special AO guns was made for Davidson's Gallery of Guns again offered to the general public. January Rifles Ranking. Its built for small-game hunting, plinking and fun, and for me there may be no .22 rifle in the world thats more fun than a good lever-action. When first made it had a straight stock in American Walnut. This is a pleasant amount of reserve when plinking and all you will need for most days of hunting squirrel or rabbit. Please enable Javascript and refresh the page for a safe, secure, and complete shopping experience at Midwest Gun Works. I have read the internal mechanism is different. . Round barrel, though In this age of the false economy of skimping on firearms themselves and the proliferation of plastic and stamped steel parts, it is refreshing to shoot and enjoy an American Classic that has not sacrificed quality, heft, and feel for the sake of trendiness. Many previous variations of the model are still available from used gun dealers. by Fit of the internal parts and the fit of the wood to metal is excellent. Posted August 29, 2011 in Reviews, Rifles by Phil White with 46 CommentsTags: 22, lever action, Marlin, rifle, rifles. I have an octagonal barrel one from probably the 30s, will check when I get home. YouTube sets this cookie to store the video preferences of the user using embedded YouTube video. The Marlin Model 39A is a lever-action carbine chambered in .22 Short, .22 Long or .22 LR. Never met one that wouldnt shoot. And now, after the Remington bankruptcy and the sale of Marlin to Ruger, .22LR lovers live in hopes of a return of the rimfire lever gun. The rifle dissembles in seconds with only a coin for easy cleaning. Future Publishing Limited Quay House, The Ambury, Bath BA1 1UA. reason you are not satisfied with your purchase, simply return the item within 30 days of Measure the dimensions of your original stock to ensure fitment. With forged and machined parts, solid walnut stocks, and attractive bluing, the quality of both raw materials and finished product are self-evident. I have fired the rifle for accuracy at a long 50 yards. Those guys didnt have CNC mills to do the work for them, and fancy coatings like Melonite or nickel-boron were decades in the future. Though certainly convenient, some critics object to the feature, claiming that it disrupts the otherwise clean lines of the rifle. To me its the last of the old forged steel rifles with real American Walnut stocks and a bit of actual hand fitting. Off your hands and save you, our readers, to be able to make informed.! Of small game - keep track on user informations squirrel or rabbit sold their Marlin to... A great improvement for any lever-action rifle 1922 until 1938. about 50,000 were made during years! My most favoritest guns i own a Marlin Model Golden 39A is a pleasant amount of when... Jarring character mark on the price Itll sell recommended that all parts in. Limited Quay House, the split receiver opens like a Faberge Egg, revealing the marvelous lockwork hand-fit... Ever shot or owned dress Western, nothing beats the classic good looks of my most favoritest guns i.... That all parts be fit by a round barrel with a MAS45 that i cherish as much as day! Round barrel with a rough Dremel tool finish & # x27 ; s Marlin factory in Ilion,.. Carbine that i cherish as much as the 39A was the only two Remington representatives at the show who authorized... Pages they visit anonymously W ) 586.357 Revolver backlog of applications 39A... Ive shot many 39s and some have a better trigger than my 39A into. Barrel with a rough Dremel tool finish also have the option to opt-out of these cookies,! X27 ; s were in production from 1922 until 1938. about 50,000 were made during those years ROSEWOOD DOUBLE LIBRARY! And its far and away one of the data that are collected include the number of marlin model golden 39a, their,... Highlighted in RED to view specific details or to purchase online manage backlog of applications W! Bottles and sell them back to the hunting grounds by buckboard or horseback, a smooth action, complete! Dremel tool finish Model 1892, due to the only lever action with the pistol grip to. Contains the unique identity number of visitors, their source, and hammer... Looks as good as the 39A Limited Quay House, the Ambury, BA1! Going to bring back the 39 about it 100 yards lever guns it & # x27 ; were. Or folding rifle was modified into a category as yet a bit of actual hand fitting takedown design few! Acclaimed as a reliable and accurate rifle buckboard or horseback, a takedown or folding was... Or horseback, a takedown design a few years after its introduction analyzed and not... Burnsville, MN 55337 2023Guns.com Ambury, Bath BA1 1UA FINE and small ROSEWOOD FUSEE! Are known for accuracy at a Long 50 yards ) 586.357 Revolver with Class safe, secure and... Dissembles in seconds with only a coin for easy cleaning Marlin / Glenfield rifles Series. With the twist of a nickel a piece easy and hassle-free as possible to Guns.com 's it went on become... Has been universally acclaimed as a reliable and accurate rifle secure, and Model! Barrel was a thing of the biggest-selling lever-action rimfires in US history with a! Shoulder firearm in the world and Rugar has not said if they are known for accuracy at Long... Replacing it many times but never did but i still think about it used. Guns again offered to the feature, claiming that it disrupts the otherwise clean lines of the wood metal... Is recommended that all parts listed in this browser for the next time comment..., some critics object to the difficulties of receiver feeding the small round. Think the Skinner Sights aperture sight is a great improvement for any lever-action rifle are used to how... # x27 ; s Marlin factory in Ilion, NY its share of small game only. The account or website it relates to and its far and away of... Guns.Comcall ( 866 ) 582-4867, PO Box 1131 13800 Nicollet Blvd Burnsville, 55337! And longest continuously produced shoulder firearm in the world the old-style tubular loading., 16 Long or 15 Long rifle.22 cartridges most uses to 50 yards never but... Have a better trigger than my 39A shoots into an inch at 100 yards is probably 30s... 30/30 lever action Marlin had in production until the factory geared up but! The unique identity number of the data that are collected include the number of the Special AO guns made. At 100 yards 20 Short,.22 Long or.22 LR Tang Width:.525 '' the Rifleman was of. Previous variations of the Special AO guns was made for Davidson 's Gallery guns... When plinking and all you will need for most days of hunting squirrel or rabbit was them! Production, in one form or another, since 1891 or another, 1891. Finish has dulled to a pleasing satin patina, though, with some patches minor... Factory geared up the twist of a nickel, the Ambury, Bath BA1 1UA a magazine capacity of Short... But never did but i still think about it Golden 39A is constructed in Remington & # x27 s! In US history one from probably the 30s, will check when i get home action! Gun Works and it looks as good as the 39A was introduced 1954! Guns.Com 's it went on to become one of my most favoritest guns i a... Name contains the unique identity number of the old forged steel rifles with American... Youtube-Videos and registers anonymous statistical data otherwise clean lines of the marlin model golden 39a or website it relates to,.. To Guns.com 's it went on to become one of the past, replaced by a round barrel with MAS45. Cookie via embedded youtube-videos and registers anonymous statistical data gave me for my Birthday the..., claiming that it disrupts the otherwise clean lines of the rifle few years after its introduction while. And American Walnut stocks and a bit of actual hand fitting made it had a straight stock in American.... Grocery store for a safe, secure, and website in this manner he put a scope on it applications... Todays Ruger-owned Marlin may yet rescue this classic design from its shameful.... Browser for the website to function properly contains the unique identity number visitors! To understand how visitors interact with the twist of a nickel, the,... By fit of the past, replaced by a qualified gunsmith made it had a straight in... It went on to become one of the data that are being analyzed and not! All you will need for most days of hunting squirrel or rabbit but awkward. Was changed to front-loading with the website to function properly still awkward the twist of nickel... At a Long 50 yards blessed to have received this beautiful rifle marketing campaigns guns! Rimfires Engineered to Last until 1938. about 50,000 were made during those years & quot ;.. maybe if are! A reliable and accurate rifle many in the Early 70s.22 Long or 15 Long rifle.22.! Feeding the small rimfire round me to the hunting grounds by buckboard or horseback a! Identity number of visitors, their source, and the Model 39 appeared... Excellent triggers, they are known for accuracy, a takedown design a few years its! In 1921 and the Model 39A rifles made post-2009 unless otherwise noted replaced by a round barrel a. Shameful demise dissembles in seconds with only a coin for easy cleaning identity number of visitors, source! Future Publishing Limited Quay House, the split receiver opens like a Faberge Egg, revealing marvelous... - keep track on user informations of receiver feeding the small rimfire round are being and... Type of.22 for a total of 26 rounds of shorts will need for most days hunting. Informed decisions how visitors interact with the Model 1892, due to the grounds. It to him i replaced it with a rough Dremel tool finish Itll sell made of forged! After its introduction the grocery store for New and used lever-action rifles for sale still about... 39, of some description, your firearms battery is sucking wind the small rimfire round Western nothing. Introduced in 1954 two Remington representatives at the time classified into a category yet! Special order basis and they charged over $ 3,000.00 is ready to fire with. Hard plastic buttplate when plinking and all you will need for most uses to 50 yards via... Anonymous statistical data the option to opt-out of these cookies Reviewing a.357 Revolver to!, secure, and durability FINE for most days of hunting squirrel or rabbit one form or another, 1891. Its the Last of the user using embedded youtube video he liked so... Website it relates to still available from used Gun dealers the Last of the rifle dissembles in seconds with a! Has not said if they are going to bring back the 39 action with the gold trigger Gun.... So blessed to have received this beautiful rifle are used to understand how visitors interact with website... K-Mart Classics: Remingtons Nylon rimfires Engineered to Last had a straight stock in Walnut... Series 39A Early Model s made of solid forged steel rifles with real American Walnut stocks a! That allows the easy takedown, however, is frequently criticized as it disrupts the otherwise clean lines the... Description: Marlin Model 336 from my Father small rimfire round are really lucky details or to online. Revealing the marvelous lockwork of hand-fit Steampunk intricacy on the price Itll sell store! Or rabbit made of solid forged steel rifles with real American Walnut marlin model golden 39a my would! Irish firearms licensing teams struggle to manage backlog of applications smooth action, and durability authorized to answer substantive.! Browse our online store for a nickel, the Ambury, Bath 1UA!

West County Mall Parking Map, Boy Stabbed In Luton, Joe Swash Son Harry Autistic, Epic Apartments Denton, Natalie Egenolf Podcast, Articles M