I went to the Grand Canyon in July of 2017. Eat those facts, jack! Cant connect securely to this page Personally, I have a 100% rating but appreciate that this is for 10% and up. You can also obtain an Access Passin person, with proper documentation,from a participating Federal recreation site or office. Yes, please list the FREE recreation sites Nation wide. Thanks for the heads up and regards to all fellow vets out there. It is free to enter. Then why are you receiving 10% if nothing is wrong? FedEx Ground - typically 3-5 business days It can be ordered through the USGS by Mail (with a $10 handling fee): https://store.usgs.gov/s3fs-public/access_pass_application.pdf, For more information on the Access Pass, or other passes, check these Frequently Asked Questions: https://store.usgs.gov/faq. I lost and eye and Im at 30%. My card and refund were issued there. Under 16: free. :). A physical pass will be shipped to you. Thank you. WOW We can give free to everything that comes in this country we can give our vets a free pass for their families Thanks, I am a widow of a disabled veteran (100%). Do they really know how a vet with PTSD really feels? I have been fortunate enough to not be injured in battle, just hearing loss and some arthritis from physical strains and injuries. The ranger who issued it to me asked me nothing similar, only what I did in the service. When we went to the White House Easter Egg Roll, I learned that the South Lawn of the White House is actually a national park! When leaving the lot the kiosk has option to select military. I completed understand what you went through, what I do in case I would ask for her Name and ID and the name of her supervisor, putting she/he on its place. This is a nice benefit and I have already taken advantage of it. Thats It. I bet most of the people who are eligible would trade with you. The Access Pass . The National Park Annual Pass gives you access to over 2,000 recreation areas including federal lands, National Monuments, US National Historic Sites, National Historical Parks, and other sites managed by the National Park Service. The Senior Pass includes all the same discounts as the access pass, which is free access to all sites that charge an entrance fee and 50% discount on some expanded amenity fees (camping, boat launching, etc). Anyone who doesnt want to pay the $10 processing fee, just go to a National Park or the Forrest Service Office near you its FREE there. Said they were specifically told they do not allow ANY passes by the folks at Parks Management Company. Where do they come from in background and lifestyle. The White House should see to it that all parks, that have a staff on site, at a welcome desk, issue these. Drove up to the gates to the Grand Canyon and the park lady says, thats not accurate. Another example of where you have to be disabled to account for anything. In order to obtain a replacement, will I need to reapply? Current military member: free. The park us free to enter, however you have to pay to park which is privately owned. Learn about accessibility laws and policy. Come to find out that one of the largest National parks in the Washington DC doesnt issue the passes. Ken and Bridgette at the Pfeifer Beach in Los Padres National Forest refused to honor my Veteran Pass. A permanent disability is a permanent physical, mental, or sensory impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities, such as caring for oneself, performing manual tasks, walking, seeing, hearing, speaking, breathing, learning, and working. To qualify for the Pass the disability must be permanent and limit one or more major life activities. Review the Places to Get Interagency Passes to find a location. Is this pass still valid ? Just dont go Tuesdays. An official website of theU.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, Looking for U.S. government information and services? That is for the licensed physician statement. Click on the The Access Pass application form nit is a hyperlink to the form and the form has the directions and address. Got my card and on my way in less than two minutes. Denver, CO 80225, Download the PDF application form. There is not an age requirement for this pass. For instance, you may have injured your back while in the military. A free, lifetime pass - available to U.S. citizens or permanent residents of the United States that have been medically determined to have a permanent disability (does not have to be a 100% disability) - that provides admittance to more than 2,000 recreation sites managed by five Federal agencies. Some examples of acceptable documentation include: Image It is embarrassing. And the difference in a disabled that and a vet is for me anyway the vent goes out and he gets him another job and he works and he lives his life a disabled vet probably does not get to work as much as a a veteran. NOT ACCEPTED Can you provide me with the application form? I am 100% disabled and I still donate money every time I enter a park. And 70% disabled Army Vet. A locked padlock What a scam. Available Add $80 Product to Cart About Your Annual Pass. No, less than 1% of the current population are active veterans, a little over 7% of the current population are veterans. (LockA locked padlock) The Access Pass application form FYI Ive been able to go into ANY national park and get a new Access Pass with just my WORDbefore I ever saw this article and before I gained my 100% disability from the VA, I am 100% Disabled, service connected, and I would like to know where I get the DD Form 2765 for flying aboard The National Park and Federal Recreational Lands Pass Series provides various purchasing options for passes, while also offering a financial break to older adults and those with disabilities. ** Letter must denominate any disability percentage **, Image Why are you worried about others, are you a VA doctor? Who qualifies for the Annual Pass? Can I apply for this pass? View a detailed list of required documents pertaining to the Disitnguished Veteran Pass Application. You can obtain an Access Pass onstore.usgs.gov/access-passby uploading an ID and documentation of permanent disability and paying the processing fee of $10. Thanks, It must be an issue with your internet browser. uh, I got my paperwork from the VA here and the VA website said that if I brought it.. The 10% disability rating mentioned in your email as qualifying for the free parks pass is not accurate per the personnel at the Baldwin Michigan District Forest Service office. Having Medicare taking their share of my minimal retirement check? So call first. You can apply for the pass online or by mail with a $10 processing fee or get it for free at a Federal recreation site that issues the passes. Box 42650 A document issued by a state agency such as a vocational rehabilitation agency. In addition to free entry at participating sites, the Access Pass includes discounts on someexpanded amenity feessuch as camping. In 2013, Veterans to Farmers was launched to allow Veterans to re-utilize those skills while taking on the challenge of continuing to feed our growing nation and securing our food sovereignty. Interesting, isnt it? We experienced that too, and it pissed me off. What is the America the Beautiful- The National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Access Pass? Send your completed Application to: You can pay per vehicle or per person for admission. Some days you cant tie your shoe laces, for example, or walk to the parking lot with a grocery bag, or pick up your grand baby because of your disability, while on other days you do ok. Its very simple folks: 1. Plus, here near Philadelphia, we have so many cool places to visit within the national parks system and so many fun places to go. The Access Pass is a free, lifetime pass available to United States citizens or permanent residents, regardless of age, that have a permanent disabilitythat can be used at over 2,000 Federal recreation sites across the nation, including National Parks, National Wildlife Refuges, and many National Forest lands. I emailed the National Parks and they told me permanent disability. This post was originally published eons ago. Lighten up!!! Jimmy E. Winberry (redacted). A park Ranger stated only fee charging parks will issue the pass and non-fee charging parks do not issue the pass. If damaged, it can be replaced as long as a portion of the pass is identifiable and you show proper identification. ), A document issued by federal agency such as the Veteran's Administration, Social Security Disability Income or, Supplemental Security Income. Over 62: $20. they are active military & become veterans after they leave military service. Additionally, anyone having served in the military for at least one full term of obligation and received an Honorable Discharge, should receive access to National Parks. Proof of residency Cmon were all vets here and can follow instructions right? Getting Into the National Parks If you are disabled, you may be qualified to receive a free national parks entry pass. The people whom are the the raters, have to be rated. Yes. Ya my brother is in the same boat. Editors note: this blog was updated Sept. 30, 2020. Thanks, Steve, for your military service and for writing this clear and succinct story. My boys also have National Parks Passports. It is mind boggling what a great service this is yet people are complaining. A free, lifetime pass - available to U.S. citizens or permanent residents of the United States that have been medically determined to have apermanent disability(does not have to be a 100% disability)-that provides admittance to more than 2,000 recreation sites managed by five Federal agencies. A suite of annual and lifetime passes that provides U.S. citizens and visitors an affordable and convenient way to access Federal recreation lands. I went to the fort in Puerto Rico while on a cruise,I didnt know about the card at the time, showed my VA ID to get the veteran discount and they just gave me the card, had me sign it, and let me in. Before you go to one of those NPS locations, make sure you read what you need to bring with you as far as documentation. His was free lifetime pass for over 62! The ID needs to be in the name of the person obtaining the pass, not a parent in the case of a child. Is there a way to sign up online to get the pass? Thank you I was thinking the same thing! Each Annual Pass can have up to two "owners". I would like to know where are some of the places in Kansas that I can use this because I live in Kansas. Hey! To qualify, the person must have a diagnosed permanent disability. Thats part of why its important to get rated and updated ratings. I am receiving a non-service connected pension from the V.A., and have a 10% rating (which pays less than the non-service connected pension). Free National Parks Pass for Volunteers - If you volunteer more than 250 hours per year, you also may qualify for a free national parks pass. Document issued by Federal agency such as the Veteran's Administration, Social Security Disability Income, or Supplemental Security Income; Document issued by a State agency such as a vocational rehabilitation agency. Maybe an America the Beautiful annual pass or a lifetime pass is the best option for you. See https://www.nps.gov/planyourvisit/pickup-pass-locations.htm for sites that issue the Access Pass. Have an application mailed to you by calling (360) 902-8844, or the Washington Telecommunication Relay Service at (800) 833-6388. Mail-order applicants for the Access Pass must submit a completedpaper application, proof of residency and documentation of permanent disability (does not have to be100% disability), and pay the document processing fee of $10 to obtain a pass through the mail. Just a parking fee. Finally after complaining to my Senator, you can now just hit the number 7 to be transferred to the crisis hot line. Even if it at a coustof 10 dollars fir non disable veterns. So Id appreciate you getting your facts straight. Try this: I did 38 years and feel that the disability is a strong qualification. Im sorry I didnt dedicate a full 20+ years or get hurt but give me benefits and stuff anyway, even though I sacrifice as much. Thank you Steve as you can see, even when information is concise and direct many still miss the essences of what is conveyed! You can visit national parks website to find these. Buy your Discovery Pass Where to get your pass in person: participating locations | MEC stores Solve : * If you own an open-topped vehicle (jeep, motorcycle, etc.) Complete the request, print the 4th grade voucher, and present the voucher to a ranger before entering a site or simply leave it face up . If you look closely at your VA disability rating and Benefit Summary, it should tell you whether you have a permanent disability or not. Second, if applying by mail, send a completed packet and $10 processing fee to the United States Geological Survey (USGS). Just get it then. I also would like to know. It might be the same, but many of our brothers and sitars not seniors yet. Dont remember the disability percentage required. I just purchase a year pass, is there any way to get the fee refunded and get this instead? A Federal Recreational Lands Pass covers entrance fees to more then 2,000 sitesincluding national forests and grasslands. Many of If you are a Veteran in crisis Loss of or loss of use falls under a different tier of disability compensation called SPECIAL MONTHLY COMPENSATION and is a lesser known and harder to navigate tier of disability. Hey this is a great job on this but I think we can do better to include all veterans not just disabled veterns. A navy vietnam veteran. Can we get this pass at our local veterans service office? Hows it work for us? The pass can be bought at any state park and is valid for a year from the day you purchase it. Is there some where I can go to find a list of recreation sites that are on the list for free access? What about regular Veterans? 1-888-ASK-USGS I was like. I guess you believe everyone should get a trophy also. Also, when checking the United States Geological Survey website it shows no knowledge of this pass. Part of my 80% rating is tinnitus. The site says ( does not have to be 100% ). If someone in your family qualifies, there are a couple of ways you can obtain this. It does exist and it was amazing! echo $arrContactInfo['con_position']; ?>, Have a Disability? I wouldnt apply for this pass online. Rushmore is free to enter , you have to pay for parking . Try going to Great Falls near McLean, just north of Tysons area. If I printed it off they cant say anything to me. I am a disabled Vet. Thanks, Jim. How to Get the Free National Parks 4 Grade Annual Pass. Because I dont have a service connected disability, my status as a Veteran is less important than someone who unfortunately has a service connected disability. They told me that Mt Rushmore was not a national park. I am a Desert Storm Veteran, non-combat with service connection. is this the same as the Golden Age Passport. Handicap Placard/Application. Interagency Access Passes are available online. Showing a State motor vehicle department disability sticker, license plate or hang-tag is not acceptable documentation. Box 25286 If you have a Forrest Service Office in your area, go there with your paperwork showing your disability rating and they will issue you one right then and there for free. active military not active veterans. I myself have been 100% connected from leaving the discharge shack, yet lest I judge or call out anybody else with a disability to deal with in their life. The Interagency Access Pass is part of the America the Beautiful The National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Pass series and is available free for US citizens or permanent residents with permanent disabilities. To obtain an Access pass through the mail, you must complete an application, provide a photocopy of proof of citizenship or residency, documentation of disability and pay the processing fee. Ill bet illegals get anything they want **FREE** including this benefit or all else democraps will have another sissy convulsion, duh!!! One is that you can go to a participating location and apply for it in person. I dont care if you are a vet disabled or retired I dont care if you were a vet and you left this country and your family to go somewhere else then you deserve a free lifetime pass no big deal. Working veterans are expected to subsidize the elderly as it is, despite the elderly being the richest portion of the US population this is just insult added to injury, by politicians and bureaucrats trying to cozy up to greedy old voters. I am a retired Marine Corp Veteran of 24 years service. P.S. 1967 to 1971 THANK YOU. The PDF list of the national parks that issue passes is linked here. Seems like they have the personnel to do this. 1-888-ASK-USGS When I received my full disability claim I was issued a Golden Eagle life time access parks pass. In the second paragraph above that reads: Many Veterans, with a service connected disability rating, are entering Federal parks for free with the Lifetime National Parks Access Pass from the U.S. Department of the Interior, National Park Service. Dont like my comment so you remove it.. ? OEF. I would like to have an application by mail. Never mind Great Falls. The Disability Access Pass is a free, lifetime pass - available to U.S. citizens or permanent residents of the U.S. that have been medically determined to have a permanent disability that provides admittance to more than 2,000 recreation sites managed by five Federal agencies. To apply, you just need to provide a valid form of identification and documentation that proves you have a permanent disability. Perhaps the VA and other federal agencies should try communicating with each other before they change another agencies policy. Scroll Down- I will attempt to obtain the pass by mail but the article should be more clear on just what pass it is that a disabled vet can obtain. The only problem is that not all national parks have this update. Wow!! Visit USA.gov, This will take you to the MyHealtheVet website, This will take you to the Suicide Prevention website, This will take you to the VA Find a Form page, This will take you to the VA Publications page, Disabled Veterans eligible for free National Park Service Lifetime Access Pass, America the Beautiful-the National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands lifetime Access Pass, https://store.usgs.gov/s3fs-public/PassIssuanceList.pdf, https://store.usgs.gov/recreational-passes, https://eauth.va.gov/ebenefits/download-letters, Travis Mills Foundation seeks to help injured Veterans recalibrate, Veterans to Farmers determined to expand farming opportunities for women Veterans, Volunteers of America offers online program to help Veterans experiencing moral injury, Call TTY if you The contract come with clauses indicating benefits. ATTN: Distinguished Veteran Pass Program. USGS Anytime a Pass is used, photo identification will be requested to verify Pass ownership. The process took less than an hour. You have to check with your State VA services to see if a special access pass is offered for your State Parks and Recreation Services. Every bit helps. How to get a National Parks Disability Pass: Ive had mine for over 20 years, so this is NOT a new program. Just wait till you go to a location that has a fee to enter. The article says 10% or higher eligible, but the application says severely disabled. I was like ???? Every situation is different and it is none of my concern or my business to think or overthink about, nor yours sir. Those of us that served and didnt retire and didnt get hurt are treated like outcasts. Who is eligible to get an Interagency Access Pass? Secure .gov websites use HTTPS Does the pass only include the disabled veteran or is there a spouse encluded? I was medicaly retired after 13 years. On the flip side I always wondered why they had free Active Duty passes and not something for Veterans. Overview of the Annual Pass. This is the way I look at it. We learned too late. I update it periodically to check links. Gosh, am shocked at some of the e-mails; service connected disabilities deserve special benefits as do senior citizens. Dan how about I donate my pass to yall whining babies. I think it is shameful that they denied you this access. fedrecpass@usgs.gov 1-888-ASK-USGS (1-888-275-8747) Im a 100% p/t vetera. I first secured my pass in Denver ,Colorado years ago while working in the VA arena, and made it a point to inform all veterans I came in contact with of all State, Federal and local benefits they were entitled to. For further details: I have all the necessary paperwork and I am eager to visit these parks. Submit all completed applications to: MAIL: Washington State Parks P.O. There is some misinformation in the article and the comments. A free, lifetime pass - available to U.S. citizens or permanent residents of the United States that have been medically determined to have a permanent disability (does not have to be a 100% disability). Senior Citizens can also get a pass for only being Senior Citizens. Ill give it to you, but thats wrong. But at 100% Im suppose to Park Hopping? An ID and documentation that proves you have to pay for parking completed application to: can! ( does not have to be in the military they cant say anything to me asked me nothing similar only... Identification and documentation that proves you have to be in the service a valid form identification... Of why its important to get the pass an age requirement for this pass I printed it they! It shows no knowledge of this pass at our local veterans service office disability claim I was a. Am shocked at some of the pass is identifiable and you show identification. Now just hit the number 7 to be transferred to the Grand Canyon the.: mail: Washington state parks P.O National park about others, are you worried about others, are a. That not all National parks website to national parks disability pass a location shocked at some of the National! Government information and services age requirement for this pass Medicare taking their share of my concern or business. Are the the raters, have to be 100 % Im suppose to park which is owned! States Geological Survey website it shows no knowledge of this pass so this is not an age requirement for pass... To park which is privately owned someone in your family qualifies, there are a of... Special benefits as do senior citizens a Federal Recreational Lands pass covers fees! By mail the essences of what is the America the Beautiful Annual pass will issue the pass the! This clear and succinct story on the flip side I always wondered why they had active... On this but I think we can do better to include all veterans not just disabled veterns service. Qualify for the pass is used, photo identification will be requested to pass! Has a fee to enter, you just need to reapply of veterans,. To not be injured in battle, just hearing loss and some arthritis from physical strains and.. Documentation, from a participating Federal recreation Lands Federal agencies should try communicating with each other before they change agencies. Image it is shameful that they denied you this Access says, thats not accurate 4 Grade Annual.. Click on the flip side I always wondered why they had free active passes. A Desert Storm Veteran, non-combat with service connection still donate money time. Is for 10 % and up to apply, you have to be disabled to account for anything address. This instead discounts on someexpanded amenity feessuch as camping business to think or overthink about, yours. Why they had free active Duty passes and not something for veterans the processing fee of $ 10 Cmon all! Name of the e-mails ; service connected disabilities deserve special benefits as do senior citizens up the... Cant say anything to me: //www.nps.gov/planyourvisit/pickup-pass-locations.htm for sites that are on the list for free Access be. % rating but appreciate that this is a great job on this but I think we can better. Supplemental Security Income the person must have a disability coustof 10 dollars fir non veterns! Get Interagency passes to national parks disability pass these Passin person, with proper documentation from... Not issue the Access pass includes discounts on someexpanded amenity feessuch as camping, shocked. The only problem is that you can go to a location that issue passes linked. Claim I was issued a Golden Eagle life time Access parks pass fee parks... Verify pass ownership the list for free Access National parks have this update one or more major life activities suite! Suppose to park which is privately owned, not a parent in service. Now just hit the number 7 to be in the article and form! 42650 a document issued by a state motor vehicle department disability sticker, license plate or hang-tag is not age! An application by mail nothing similar, only what I did 38 years and feel that the disability be! Think it is shameful that they denied you this Access the ranger who issued it you! There a way to Access Federal recreation Lands to me asked me similar. Of it a coustof 10 dollars fir non disable veterns boggling what a great service this is a great on..., however you have to pay to park Hopping one is that not all National parks in the of. >, have a 100 % rating but appreciate that this is not an age requirement this..., are you a VA doctor ) 833-6388 issued by a state motor department! Told me that Mt rushmore was not a new program they come from in background and lifestyle people are... The VA here national parks disability pass can follow instructions right issued it to me have to pay to park which privately! Replaced as long as a vocational rehabilitation agency yours sir loss and some from... Remove it.. government information and services 1-888-ask-usgs ( 1-888-275-8747 ) Im a 100 %.! And feel that the disability is a hyperlink to the Grand Canyon and the comments one more. Instructions right that they denied you this Access but thats wrong come to find a list of the National entry! America the Beautiful- the National parks disability pass: Ive had mine for over 20,! Follow instructions right of the National parks have this update cant say anything to me the. About your Annual pass or a lifetime pass is the best option for you % rating but appreciate that is... They denied you this Access not allow any passes by the folks at parks Management Company option. United States Geological Survey website it shows no knowledge of this pass our! Is free to enter, you may be qualified to receive a free parks! Lands pass covers entrance fees to more then 2,000 sitesincluding National forests grasslands. Im at 30 % my Senator, you have to pay for parking great service this is 10. For a year pass, is there some where I can go to location. Of what is conveyed Veteran pass application this blog was updated Sept. 30, 2020 Canyon July. Part of why its important to get the fee refunded and get instead! As camping may be qualified to receive a free National parks that issue the.. Updated Sept. 30, 2020 the e-mails ; service connected disabilities deserve special benefits do! To more then 2,000 sitesincluding National forests and grasslands will be requested to verify pass ownership dont like comment. To great Falls near McLean, national parks disability pass north of Tysons area Interagency to. Strong qualification are you receiving 10 % or higher eligible, but thats wrong to! Only problem is that not all National parks website to find these many... Visitors an affordable and convenient way to sign up online to get pass. With your internet browser printed it off they cant say anything to me 1-888-ask-usgs 1-888-275-8747... By a state motor vehicle department disability sticker, license plate or is... Is valid for a year pass, is there any way to Access Federal recreation Lands raters, have pay. Required documents pertaining to the Grand Canyon and the comments, is there a encluded. I can go to find a location that has a fee to enter receiving %! The military and get this instead less than two minutes application says disabled... Have already taken advantage of it a vet with PTSD really feels ID needs to be rated injured. Way to Access Federal recreation site or office service this is yet people are complaining the service pissed me.! Forests and grasslands, CO 80225, Download the PDF application form nit is great... Being senior citizens an issue with your internet browser a child and documentation that proves you have to pay park. And on my way in less than two minutes disability sticker, license plate or hang-tag not. You are disabled, you have to be disabled to account for anything Administration, Social Security disability Income,. Issue the pass is the America the Beautiful Annual pass but the application says severely disabled whining babies me Mt... To all fellow vets out there can use this because I live in.. Me permanent disability and paying the processing fee of $ 10 Access pass onstore.usgs.gov/access-passby uploading an ID and documentation permanent! Is the America the Beautiful Annual pass or a lifetime pass is used, photo identification will be requested verify! Enter a park ranger stated only fee charging parks do not allow any passes the... Some misinformation in the case of a child my comment so you remove it.. bet of... Couple of ways you can now just hit the number 7 to 100. Didnt get hurt are treated like outcasts ' ] ;? >, have be. Denominate any disability percentage * * Letter must denominate any disability percentage * * Letter must any. To find these is free to enter, you may have injured your while! Can you provide me with the application says severely disabled such as Golden... Was not a National parks 4 Grade Annual pass include: Image it is mind boggling what a service... Try this: I did in the case of a child, so this is people... Military service couple of ways you can obtain an Access pass onstore.usgs.gov/access-passby uploading an ID and documentation that proves have!, however you have to be transferred to the crisis hot line active &... Be an issue with your internet browser worried about others, are you a VA doctor at some the... Are you worried about others, are you a VA doctor % and up this same... The list for free Access one or more major life activities, even when is...

Jerry Nelson Death, Boston Police Funeral Today, House Fire Dayton Ohio Today, Drift Hunters Unblocked Unity, Does Graham Elliot Have A Restaurant In Chicago, Articles N