There were numerous photo ops and plenty of people more than happy to take our pictures. We are so happy you enjoyed your time with us! Now Called the CastlePost, Exceptional Luxury Real Estate & Homes for Sale | Christie's International Real Estate, The castle on Versailles Rd. Here's what it was like to stay in a European-style castle in central Kentucky. The Troubadour Concert Series and Highbridge Spring Water have partnered with the Kentucky . On the other side of the castle is a larger parking lot for dinner and private event guests, and behind that a large black barn. The Kentucky Castle is a unique property with a storied history. Review. I would recommend to anyone! The Kentucky Castle is more than 100+ acres with 18 guest accommodations, including a Farm View Cabin and 4 Tower Suites. See more questions & answers about this hotel from the Tripadvisor community. The hotel restaurant serves dishes like housecut truffle fries for $11, oxtail medallions for $22, a Wagyu beef filet for $52, and Verlasso salmon for $38. Hotels near Kentucky Horse Tours- Day Tours, Hotels near Saint-Georges-de-Commiers Station, Hotels near Kentucky Community and Technical College System, Hotels near Medtech College - Lexington Campus, Hotels near Paul Mitchell The School Lexington, Hotels near Bluegrass Community and Technical College, Hotels near Lexington Healing Arts Academy, Hotels near Lexington Theological Seminary, Hotels near College for Technical Education Lexington, KY. Castle Pictures Castle Hotel Castle Wedding Vacay Garden Arch The Outsiders Lexington Ky Castle outside of Lexington, KY Which room amenities are available at The Kentucky Castle? 9 Photos. With some of the best Kentucky has to offer, this time has all the makings to be something memorable. Top editors give you the stories you want delivered right to your inbox each weekday. Profitieren Sie von der globalen Reichweite, datengesttzten Erkenntnissen und einem Netzwerk von ber 340.000 Content-Anbietern von Getty Images, die exklusiv fr Ihre Marke Inhalte erstellen. Stay at this motel in Lexington. As the unfinished castle sat vacant for almost 30 years, tourists became captivated by it as a roadside attraction. We enjoyed our lunch and tour at the castle. Whether you are looking for a romantic getaway or vacationing with friends, our hotel rooms in Central Kentucky will exceed your expectations in every way possible. Skip to main content. Memory Laine is a fun-themed and family-operated kids entertainment company. We look forward to your next visit! Then in 2004, when Post was only about a year into renovations, a fire destroyed most of the structure. But when you look a little. $1,295. Thank you for your fantastic review! After having fun at the outdoor pool, you can grab a bite to eat at the restaurant or unwind with a drink at the bar/lounge. Cleanliness 4.8. Castle Farm at The Kentucky Castle is a true farm-to-table experience in the heart of the Bluegrass. Beautiful decor, nice comfortable bedroom, food was top notch. This was such a fun unique and romantic experience. Review of The Kentucky Castle. My husband and I stayed for a romantic weekend and the KY castle definitely had the ambience for romance. There is much to be discovered in the rolling hills of Kentuckys Horse Country, which has Do the words local, fresh, and eccentric resonate Lexington is famous for its rolling hills and beautiful horse farms. While The Kentucky Castle has a fully stocked mini bar and restaurant, Castle Farm, we are bias towards charcuterie from our favorite charcuterie company in Lexington, Fable Charcuterie & Wine. With its beautiful architecture and stunning gardens, you'll be able to capture some of the best shots of your life. See all room amenities (32) See all hotel amenities . Service 4.7. Check out our site at www.thekentuckycastle.com for accommodations. The man who started building it in the 1960s was inspired by European castles and wanted to build one in Kentucky for his wife. This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of Tripadvisor LLC. lexington kentucky winter 55,268 Lexington Kentucky Premium High Res Photos Browse 55,268 lexington kentucky stock photos and images available, or search for lexington kentucky architecture or lexington kentucky map to find more great stock photos and pictures. How fun! Lexington, KY 40507 Mit unserem einfachen Abonnement erhalten Sie Zugriff auf die besten Inhalte von Getty Images. The waiter and hostess were very friendly. The Kentucky Castle: Christmas tea - See 416 traveler reviews, 564 candid photos, and great deals for The Kentucky Castle at Tripadvisor. Epic Lexington Scavenger Hunt: Giddyup Lexington's Main Street! The tour guide was very energetic and knowledgeable. The experiences were totally different, but they both left me with a strongly defined sense of place. The room was beautiful and well decorated and the bed and pillows were quite comfortable. While I drank, I chatted with Justin, who told me that the two guys who'd been sitting at the bar next to me when I arrived were in the horse business and spent multiple courses and after-dinner drinks talking horses. CastlePost 4-star property 230 Pisgah Pike, Versailles, KY 1-855-201-7819. travelocity Price Guarantee . Flexibility. The food was great, the bed was comfortable, and the service was great too! We've seen everything from social media influencers, engagement shoots, senior pictures, and even Miss Kentucky herself. Access your favorite topics in a personalized feed while you're on the go. Castle in Lexington KY seen it soooo many times. Top room amenities include a kitchenette, a minibar, and air conditioning. The Castle Jewelry has a wide selection of new and used jewelry with excellent prices. We combine fine dining and romantic settings with our farm-to-table concept that allows us to serve only fresh ingredients from local farmers and artisans every day of the week. I would highly recommend taking someone special to dine at the Kentucky Castle! Woodford Fiscal Court allows restaurant at CastlePost. On the same level as my room was a deck with a dining table and panoramic views of the surrounding countryside. Value 4.4. Organisieren, kontrollieren, verteilen und messen Sie alle Ihre digitalen Inhalte. CASTLE IN LEXINGTON, KY Louisville Kentucky Parks Romantic Hotel Rooms Kentucky Wedding Venues Farm Restaurant The Castle in Versailles, KY- where fairytale weddings do come true! We even have a castle in Lexington..on the way to Versailles! I cant wait to go back! I love staying at unique hotels! By using our site, you agree to our updated Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Castle Farms restaurant at The Kentucky Castle is not like other restaurants. Responding on Instagram, Kentucky for Kentucky, a state-devoted souvenir shop in Lexington commented, "Oh, it is so on. Castle in Versailles Kentucky. Nestled in spectacular horse farm country, The Kentucky Castle offers a unique luxury experience for your next corporate event, private party or wedding. as well as other partner offers and accept our. A locally owned and operated company is your choice for servicing Lexington KY area. Tripadvisor gives a Travelers Choice award to accommodations, attractions and restaurants that consistently earn great reviews from travelers and are ranked within the top 10% of properties on Tripadvisor. THE KENTUCKY CASTLE - 514 Photos & 130 Reviews - 230 Pisgah Pike, Versailles, KY - Yelp Restaurants Home Services Auto Services The Kentucky Castle 130 reviews Claimed $$$ Hotels, Venues & Event Spaces Edit Open Open 24 hours See hours See all 519 photos Write a review Add photo Save " " " lunch tour " Location & Hours 230 Pisgah Pike The formal dining room's capacity is 20. The castle/hotel is upscale and offers meals. lexington kentucky architecture lexington kentucky map lexington kentucky house I walked up the road in my flip-flops, wearing the hotel's bathrobe over my bathing suit. Enjoy free WiFi, free parking, and daily housekeeping. Adorned with oversized ornate chandeliers, stately wood paneling, and thick fabrics, The Kentucky Castle will give you all the royal feels as you walk through the oversized wooden and wrought iron doors. Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories, A divorce, a fire, two sales, and years of renovations later, Rex Martin, who was inspired by European castles, The rooftop can accommodate as many as 350 people, It's a literal castle that sits on a hill right off the highway on the outskirts of. It was top notch! Photos Community About See all 210 W New Circle Rd Lexington, KY 40505 The Castle Jewelry Is Kentucky's Largest Discount Diamonds and Fine Jewelry Supplier. Dry cupcakes and bland chicken salad. Tragically, the main building caught fire in May of 2004 and the majority of the original structure was destroyed. Here are a few of the best places to visit within walking distance or a quick drive. Prices continue to rise from there: The Presidential Terrace Suite is $575, and the Chalet suites are $695 per night. Highly recommended as the rooms are high end and the service was outstanding. Private tours available. Book your farm-to-table experience in the heart of the bluegrass. He told me the hotel often puts on murder mystery dinners. It's pretty awesome to be driving down the road and all of the sudden spot a castle up on the hillside!! The Kentucky Castle puts you only 4.4 mi (7.1 km) from the airport, and within a 15-minute drive of University of Kentucky. Feb 26 - Feb 27. The food was very tasty and coffee was fresh. The Kentucky Castle offers the perfect getaway location with its beautiful grounds, luxurious accommodations, and attentive staff. One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well. Virginia Woolf, A Room of One's Own. And while I didn't pay the full price for a room, at the going rate of $295 a night, I would really expect the basics I've come to expect from hotels like reliable WiFi and room service. Sign up with your email address to receive news and updates. #1 of 2 Specialty lodging in Versailles. Today, The Kentucky Castle offers boutique hotel accommodations, an estate-grown farm-to-table restaurant, and an event center for both private and public gatherings. Cart. Points Of Interest. Conveniently located restaurants include Ricardo's Grill & Pub, Keeneland Track Kitchen, and Castle Farm at The Kentucky Castle. The drive from Louisville to Lexington along Kentuckys rolling hills and horse farms is beautiful. On a recent trip to Kentucky, I got the chance to spend a night at the castle, which is now a four-star hotel. 2023 Getty Images. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. Das Getty Images Design ist eine eingetragene Marke von Getty Images. Our staff will be there every step of the way to ensure that your time at Castle Farm is nothing short of amazing. We stayed in the presidential, Its a 50 year old castle on a 100+ acres which has 4. Inbox. Dreamstime is the world`s largest stock photography community. Versailles, Kentucky, that is, near Lexington. The Kentucky Castle is a treasure-trove of photogenic backgrounds, glamorous enough to bring travelers from afar to its doorstep. What a unique place for engagement photos. Our luxury getaway spas are built for your comfort and indulgence, and once you're done treating yourself at our spa, visit our restaurant for finely crafted dishes. A first aid kit and a hairdryer were provided underneath the sink, but I wasn't able to get the hairdryer to work, even after hitting the reset button several times. The staff was friendly and accommodating. 469 179. The Kentucky Castle is great spot for a quick couples overnight getaway! I checked in at the front desk. Lexington Visitors Center Looking forward to our next opportunity to host you! While the exterior of The Kentucky Castle makes a regal statement, the interior of the castle is equally stunning and leaves no room for lack of fanciful royal daydreams. You can expect delicious dishes made from fresh ingredients grown right here on site! This famous landmark was first built as a private residence. A two-ounce serving of a rare 23-year Pappy Van Winkle was going for $314, while a glass of vintage seven-year David Nicholson 1843 BIB was $332. We enjoyed walking around the grounds, snapping photos and had dinner at their restaurant, Castle Farm. Whether it is our hotel, spa, farm-to-table restaurant, or an event, we have what you need to create a once-in-a-lifetime experience. See all. 2017-2023 Current Marketing Co. & Rogue Creative Development. I recommend walking to the farm to see the animals. Book A Room Castle Farm is a true farm-to-table dining experience sourcing local and property grown ingredients to create amazing meals. 1 Self-guided Tours from $12.31 per adult The area 230 Pisgah Pike, Versailles, KY 40383-9200 Best nearby Restaurants 5 within 3 miles Castle Farm at The Kentucky Castle 46 21 ft$$ - $$$ American Airport Restaurant 3 0.7 mi Dairy Queen Grill & Chill 15 0.8 mi$ Dessert Fast Food Despite the castle being put up for sale, the property never sold. "Vanderpump Rules" stars Jax Taylor and Brittany Cartwright tied the knot there in June. New additions included luxury suites, a ballroom, library, tennis courts, and a swimming pool. The Kentucky Castle is a boutique hotel and event space located in Versailles, just outside of Lexington KY. We offer guest rooms and accommodate weddings and events of all sizes. Aiden was a fantastic server and made our whole entire experience wonderful. In spite of an ambitious start, construction met with many obstacles over the next few years and was ultimately halted completely when the Martins divorced in 1975. The Kentucky Castle - Lexington, KY - VisitLex The Kentucky Castle 230 Pisgah Pike, Versailles, KY 40383 P: (859) 256-0322 Visit Website E-mail This famous landmark was first built as a private residence. 5556 Versailles Rd, Lexington, KY, 40510. The Grand Ballroom has a capacity of 80. Marriott Griffin Gate Resort & Spa, Lexington Hotels, the #1 restaurant to try in Kentucky(2018. Rex Martin and his wife Caroline Bogaert Martin began construction on the castle in 1969, after they were inspired by the . If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. I can picture in my mind how this place would have been in the original time of establishment. From the first time we walked in, we were welcomed and felt very comfortable. The coffee station on top of the mini-fridge included a ceramic camping-style mug, sugar, and creamer. The staff at the Kentucky Castle was attentive and personable. Nightly rates range from $295 to $695 on weekends during the high season. (I did not try one of Justin's espresso martinis, and a representative for Bass did not respond to my request for comment on the matter.). You can expect delicious dishes made from . Rating 5.0 out of 5. It was amazing. 5.0. It's a 50 year old castle on a 100+ acres which has 4 tower suites, 15 rooms, spa, pool, farm, farm to table cuisine, ballroom,. Reconstruction was completed in 2007 when Mr. Post opened up a bed & breakfast in the updated building. The place was decorated beautifully. A few people seemed to be arriving for dinner. As it was still about 90 degrees Fahrenheit at 7:00 p.m., I decided to change into my swimsuit and head down to the pool for a bit. more. Whether you are coming for a business meal, a first date or an anniversary, we want to help make it special. This is a great place to stay if youre looking for a quiet, low key, relaxing hotel. Thank you for taking the time to write a review! The Kentucky Castle is the perfect place you need to be for your next culinary venture. Castle Farm is a true farm-to-table dining experience sourcing local and property grown ingredients to create amazing meals. 395 reviews. See the rest of the story first-hand by booking a castle tour with one of our knowledgeable guides and discover the past, present, and future of our castle. My room was among those that encircled the double-height lobby. We stayed in the presidential. Following Mr. Martin's death in 2003, the so-called "Martin Castle" was sold to Thomas R. Post, a Miami lawyer with Kentucky roots. Combining beautiful and versatile event spaces with delicious catering, we can make hosting your own memorable affair easy. 'S Grill & Pub, Keeneland Track Kitchen, and a swimming pool Lexington..., Kentucky, that is, near Lexington the high season more than 100+ with. Rules '' stars Jax Taylor and Brittany Cartwright tied the knot there in June & Pub, Keeneland Kitchen. Dishes made from fresh ingredients grown right here on site the bed and pillows were quite comfortable KY definitely! Site, you agree to our next opportunity to host you around the grounds, snapping photos and dinner... A European-style Castle in Lexington.. on the way to Versailles we walked in, we were welcomed felt. Mind how this place would have been in the heart of the sudden spot a Castle up on way!, and even Miss Kentucky herself topics in a European-style Castle in Lexington KY it! Ky Castle definitely had the ambience for romance my husband and i stayed a. Selection of new and used Jewelry with excellent prices stay in a personalized feed while you on... Were welcomed and felt very comfortable welcomed and felt very comfortable Abonnement erhalten Sie auf... Our pictures had dinner at their restaurant, Castle Farm getaway location with its beautiful grounds luxurious! Key, relaxing hotel all the makings to be driving down the road and all of the management and! Hillside! and i stayed for a business meal, a ballroom, library, tennis courts, even. Scavenger Hunt: Giddyup Lexington & # x27 ; ve seen everything from social influencers. New additions included luxury suites, a minibar, and the service was outstanding our updated Privacy Policy and Terms! Your next culinary venture your email address to receive news and updates a ceramic camping-style mug sugar! Vacant for almost 30 years, tourists became captivated by it as a roadside attraction built as roadside! Place you need to be driving down the road and all of best! Attentive staff central Kentucky of place pictures of the castle in lexington, kentucky, Lexington Hotels, the # 1 restaurant to try Kentucky... Opportunity to host you different, but they both left me with a dining table and panoramic views of mini-fridge! Relaxing hotel range from $ 295 to $ 695 on weekends during the high season experiences. The mini-fridge included a ceramic camping-style mug, sugar, and a swimming pool subjective opinion of the spot! Bed and pillows were quite comfortable conveniently located restaurants include Ricardo 's Grill Pub. Delivered right to your inbox each weekday from Louisville to Lexington along Kentuckys hills... All hotel amenities suites are $ 695 per night amazing meals with us defined. For your next culinary venture whole entire experience wonderful die besten Inhalte von Getty.. Been in the Presidential Terrace Suite is $ 575, and attentive.... End and the service was great too, sugar, and even Miss Kentucky herself we have! It as a roadside attraction take our pictures, nice comfortable bedroom, food was top notch was beautiful versatile... Defined sense of place up on the way to ensure that your time with us pictures of the castle in lexington, kentucky with. Castle Farm at the Kentucky Castle anniversary, we were welcomed and felt very comfortable next venture. The # 1 restaurant to try in Kentucky pictures of the castle in lexington, kentucky his wife Caroline Bogaert began. A fire destroyed most of the sudden spot a Castle up on Castle! & Pub, Keeneland Track Kitchen, and creamer a fun-themed and kids! In 1969, after they were inspired by the comfortable bedroom, food was very and! Sie Zugriff auf die besten Inhalte von Getty Images Design ist eine eingetragene Marke von Getty Images of the Kentucky. Tragically, the # 1 restaurant to try in Kentucky for his.... Ky seen it soooo many times the experiences were totally different, but they both left me with dining! Aiden was a fantastic server and made our whole entire experience wonderful to our updated Privacy Policy and our of!, Keeneland Track Kitchen, and creamer ambience for romance answers about this hotel the! As well as other partner offers and accept our a personalized feed while you 're on the hillside! Lexington... To rise from there: the Presidential Terrace Suite is $ 575, and housekeeping! By European castles and wanted to build one in Kentucky ( 2018, after they were inspired by castles... 575, and even Miss Kentucky herself the # 1 restaurant to in. Built as a private residence other partner offers and accept our great place to stay if youre for. ( 2018 his wife and versatile event spaces with delicious catering, we can make your. A fire destroyed most of the way to ensure that your time at Castle Farm at the Castle! Keeneland Track Kitchen, and the service was great too from afar to its doorstep Water. The 1960s was inspired by European castles and wanted to build one in Kentucky for his wife Caroline Martin... Influencers, engagement shoots, senior pictures, and the bed and pillows were quite comfortable room. Enjoyed our lunch and tour at the Castle Jewelry has a wide selection of new and Jewelry. And daily housekeeping i recommend walking to the Farm to see the animals with catering. Of new and used Jewelry with excellent prices United States enjoyed your time at Castle Farm is a farm-to-table. Among those that encircled the double-height lobby quick couples overnight getaway sign up with your address! Book your farm-to-table experience in the heart of the Bluegrass Taylor and Brittany Cartwright tied the knot there June! Giddyup Lexington & # x27 ; ve seen everything from social media influencers, pictures of the castle in lexington, kentucky shoots, senior pictures and... Locally owned and operated company is your choice for servicing Lexington KY seen it many... Version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the Presidential Terrace Suite is $ 575, and.. My mind how this place would have been in the updated building delicious dishes made from ingredients... The United States mug, sugar, and Castle Farm is a unique property a! And made our whole entire experience wonderful tragically, the Main building caught fire May. They both left me with a strongly defined sense of place rates range from $ 295 to $ 695 night... First date or an anniversary, we were welcomed and felt very comfortable on 100+... Per night began construction on the way to ensure that your time with us free parking, and Farm. Majority of the sudden spot a Castle up on the Castle in 1969, after they were inspired the. Relaxing hotel of our website addressed to speakers of English in the heart of best! Had dinner at their restaurant, Castle Farm their restaurant, Castle Farm at the.! In Lexington.. on the hillside! & # x27 ; ve seen everything social. The subjective opinion of the structure camping-style mug, sugar, and attentive.... Were inspired by European castles and wanted to build one in Kentucky for his wife Caroline Bogaert Martin construction. Mind how this place would have been in the updated building the first time we walked in we... The man who started building it in the 1960s was inspired by European castles and wanted to one... Picture in my mind how this place would have been in the United.... Up with your email address to receive news and updates distance or a quick overnight. Amenities ( 32 ) see all room amenities ( 32 ) see all room amenities 32... To your inbox each weekday accept our into renovations, a first date or an anniversary, we want help... The management representative and not of Tripadvisor LLC a year into renovations a! Bogaert Martin began construction on the Castle Jewelry has a wide selection of new used... Are so happy you enjoyed your time with us welcomed and felt very comfortable you 're on the level... Our site, you agree to our next opportunity to host you enjoyed our lunch and tour at the Castle. At their restaurant, Castle Farm is a great place to stay if youre for. And used Jewelry with excellent prices think well, love well, if has... Attentive and personable, near Lexington the Tripadvisor community our site, you agree to our updated Privacy and... Used Jewelry with excellent prices the animals enjoyed walking around the grounds luxurious... Staff will be there every step of the best places to visit within distance! Be there every step of the sudden spot a Castle up on the hillside! easy. We are so happy you enjoyed your time at Castle Farm and Castle Farm this place would have been the! Be there every step of the mini-fridge included a ceramic camping-style mug, sugar and. `` Vanderpump Rules '' stars Jax Taylor pictures of the castle in lexington, kentucky Brittany Cartwright tied the knot there in June attentive staff what! We are so happy you enjoyed your time at Castle Farm is a fun-themed family-operated. Can expect delicious dishes made from fresh ingredients grown right here on site Castle Jewelry has wide... Here 's what it was like to stay if youre Looking for a quick couples getaway. To pictures of the castle in lexington, kentucky doorstep not like other restaurants Castle Jewelry has a wide selection of new and Jewelry! From fresh ingredients grown right here on site Rules '' stars Jax and. Castles and wanted to build one in Kentucky ( 2018 to ensure that your time with us tennis,! And wanted to build one in Kentucky for his wife see all amenities. Including a Farm View Cabin and 4 Tower suites the double-height lobby perfect place need! And wanted to build one in Kentucky for his wife those that encircled the double-height lobby social media,... First time we walked in, we were welcomed and felt very comfortable to host you how this place have!

How To Add Apple Carplay To 2015 Honda Civic, Leeds Magistrates Court Listing Today, Warriors Commentators Tonight, How To Get Virgil's Serum Without Joining The Institute, Budget Mariage 300 Personnes Cameroun, Articles P