I will be driving my tall campervan(21") is it possible to do this and how much approx is one way with the van? More). This number is based on the percentage of all Tripadvisor reviews for this product that have a bubble rating of 4 or higher. No, but conditions apply when returning to United States from Canada. Tourists interested in the island's marine life can visit the yacht marina (at the end of Main Street) and sign up for boat tours for wildlife viewing (puffins, whales, seals, lobster, pelagic seabirds) or harbor cruises. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. The boat is 349 feet long and travels at 65 kms an hour or 35 knots. ', 'How much should I expect to pay? Home Bring a light jacket since cooler on the water if go outside. Photo Gallery Exceptions may apply, for full details: Government of Canada. Also additional is spending by crew and cruise companies themselves. The CAT ferry also offers a Walk-on Atlantic Adventure ticket that gives you a discounted rate for a 72 hour round trip. Portland. There is one daily ferry from Portland to Yarmouth. We are planning to take the CAT over to NS the first week of June. Where to Stay Can go outside on both sides of the ferry and in back of it. Well I was appalled to see that the dog kennels offered are nothing more than "puppy mill type" cages stacked on top of each other! Bus Route 1 will take you from the Portland . She said its a little cool and to bring a blanket. When will booking open for 2023? var s = d.createElement(sc), p = d.getElementsByTagName(sc)[0]; Site Index, Where to Go One-way passenger fares are US$99 per adult (14 to 59 years old), US$ 95 per Senior (60+), US$60 per youth (6 to 13), free for kids 5 and younger. Rome2rio displays up to date schedules, route maps, journey times and estimated fares from relevant transport operators, ensuring you can make an informed decision about which option will suit you best. Once he started becoming active I took him outside to the rear of the ferry where he enjoyed the sun wrapped in a blanket. After a long trip we decided to take the ferry from Yarmouth to Portland. This means that if you go from Bar Harbor to Yarmouth, you will stay at least one night in Nova Scotia. Bar Harbor ME is a tender cruise port, which means cruise liners anchor in Frenchman Bay and their passengers are transported to the pier via the ship's tender boats. Nova Scotia. Wanderus simple checkout process makes it easy to book cheap bus and train tickets hassle-free. Round-trip fares for both vehicles and passengers are discounted. Transport, Travel Details However, you can take the tram to Portland Int'l Airport station, take the walk to Portland airport, fly to Bar Harbor, take the walk to Bar Harbor Airport, take the bus to Bar Harbor - Village Green, take the bus to Bar Harbor ferry terminal, take the walk to Bar Harbour, then take the car ferry to Yarmouth. More Maine There is usually only one ferry per day from Portland to Yarmouth. It's a long ride to Bar Harbor so bring a book or watch a movie which I think they provide. This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Traveling by ferry from Portland to Yarmouth usually takes around 6 hours, but some ferries might arrive slightly earlier or later than scheduled. with Portland Site Index, Where to Go We are happy to hear that your phone was recovered. 737. Rome2rios travel guides to the US tell you the best ways to explore the country, from Amtrak to Greyhound to the New York Subway. Pack your passport (or other acceptable ID) and drive from Lubec ME to Roosevelt Campobello International Park; or drive via Calais ME into New Brunswick, Canada, and enjoy the charming, delightfully uncrowded summer seaside resort town of St Andrews-by-the-Sea. Orchard Beach ME. Maine The ferry arrives and departs from the Bar Harbor Ferry Terminal on Bluenose Lane, on the northwest side of the Atlantic Oceanside Hotel & Event Center, and east across the street from the Days Inn by Wyndham Bar Harbor Hotel (map). through the heart of the city, including It's a good idea to bring water and snacks. ', 'How much should I expect to pay? The lighthouse is located 11km from Yarmouth. The CAT Ferry from Maine to Nova Scotia can hold 800 guests and 200 cars. a toll road, is the fastest route to Experience the Maritimes the way theyre meant to be seenby sea. Downtown Portland, Maine City and Lighthouse Tour-2.5 hour Land Tour. The 1956-built old ferry terminal was originally designed to serve the Canadian ferryboat MV Bluenose (1977-built/1982-scrapped), so the current layout is obsolete. Maine The Cape Forchu Lighthouse is located in Cape Forchu, Nova Scotia. Note: passenger fees are based on the ship's capacity. The best way to get from Portland to Portland Airport is to tram which takes 29 min and costs $3. Hello Chris, as far as I know you do still need the ArriveCan app. Thank you for taking the time to post a review. The Yarmouth County Museum & Archives is a museum located in Yarmouth, Nova Scotia exploring the history of Yarmouth County. No longer an active court house, the local landmark now serves as a museum and tourist destination. More You can also benefit from ferry service 100 Thompsons Point Road, just west of A fine of US$100 per person will be imposed on the company/operator for every disembarking passenger over the daily limit. Prices start at 87 per night. Before the cruise shipping industry's pause (since mid-March 2020), the port expected nearly 200 ship calls and 300,000+ passengers. And theres plenty to do in the city, even if youre traveling solo. Reason number two, to save on fuel. Find all the transport options for your trip from Portland to Yarmouth right here. East Coast USA and Canada New England Cruise Ports, HAL-Holland America's 2024 Canada & New England season offers 29 sailings, Bar Harbor (Maine USA) limits the number of cruise passengers in 2023, Tauck charters Silversea's ship Silver Shadow for ocean cruises from NYC to Quebec City (2023 fall), Bar Harbor (Maine USA) council postpones any curbs on cruise ship calls to 2023, American Queen Voyages 2024 season's new routes & itineraries, Canadian company Bay Ferries to restore Maine-Nova Scotia CAT ferry service, Bar Harbor (Maine USA) to demolish aging state ferry terminal, Yarmouth (Nova Scotia Canada) - Bar Harbor (Maine USA) ferry scheduled to return in 2022, Princess Cruises 2023 Canada & New England ships and itineraries, HAL-Holland Americas Canada and New England cruises 2022 on ships Zaandam and Nieuw Statendam, Australia - New Zealand - Pacific Ocean Islands. For details on what each company is doing to ensure their fleet remains safe for travel, click here. Save. Once onboard the ferry you are not allowed to stay in your vehicle or return to it during the voyage. the car I am seeing reviews about the Maine to Nova Scotia trip, but not the return. The duo who entertained you are called Celtic Rant and we always enjoy their performances. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. With just a quick search on Wanderu, you can compare bus and train schedules and prices from hundreds of travel companies in one convenient place to find the trip that works best for you. Taking The CAT ferry from Nova Scotia to Maine is also ideal for family travel. On July 7, town councilors voted to ban cruise ships after ACL-American Cruise Lines announced its plan to resume coastal voyages with some itineraries visiting several Maine coast towns. The ferry departs from Nova Scotia at 9:30am and arrives in Bar Harbor, Maine around 1pm. Art Gallery of Nova Scotia - Western Branch. Are there restrictions returning to United States from Canada? We respond within minutes to help you out. . Is there a return from Nova Scotia to Portland? The public bus system in Portland is operated by the Greater Portland Transit District and generally called Metro. There is one ferry company that operates from Portland to Yarmouth. How long is the ferry ride from Portland to Yarmouth? Rome2rio uses cookies to help personalize content and show you personalised ads. The Downeaster continues past Portland to Freeport and Brunswick ME. Food was surprisingly good. The study team handed out surveys to cruise passengers arriving at Harbor Place or Harborside Dock. The second trip had rougher seas, but still very manageable. International Jetport. This jewel features picnic areas and hiking trails that allow for taking in the island beauty as well as an inn, a 5-star restaurant, and marina. Once in Nova Scotia, you need to decide how to get around. The fastest way to get from Portland to Yarmouth is to fly and car ferry which takes 15h 36m and costs $150 - $800. Select an option below to see step-by-step directions and to compare ticket prices and travel times in Rome2rio's travel planner. Fogg's Water Taxi & Charters. What are the travel restrictions in Yarmouth? Maps Greater Portland is also serviced by national and regional bus lines, offering numerous routes to Maine or ride the rails on the Train to Maine, on the Downeaster, Amtraks passenger service between Boston and Brunswick. Prices start at $100USD per night. Use this handy Hotel Search Box to compare prices and facilities among lodgings in Yarmouth for the night: Booking.com Due to the early morning departure time from Yarmouth to Bar Harbor it is recommended that guests spend the night before departure in Yarmouth. The buses connect all of Portland's transportation stations, including the ferry and cruise terminals and the Portland Transportation Center (Amtrak and Concord Coach intercity buses). Great views all around. Transportation Center, Portland Vermont Vintage Fire Truck Sightseeing Tour of Portland Maine. If youre looking for a little extra space, taking a ferry on Thursday is the way to go. from the Maine State Pier on Commercial Maps The on board concessions were delicious (we liked the one closest to the back with the loose leaf tea and gelato options), we enjoyed a movie on the way to (not the best quality images but good enough to spend some time), and we saw whales on the way back. The high-speed catamaran CAT Ferry will resume Canada--USA service between Yarmouth NS (Nova Scotia) and Bar Harbor (Maine) in Spring 2022. I am wondering how long it takes to get off the Ferry and about how long does it take to go through Customs before meeting your friends/family at the ticket booth/parking lot, etc? From Portland, travelers can easily reach destinations such as Boston, Albany, and even Gainesville, Texas, by a combination of buses, trains, and ferries. Reason number three because you can stretch your legs, nap, eat, shop, etc. We also enjoy the specialty teas and coffees from Sip at Sea Caf. Check the website for specials. Offer boat rentals and water taxi service & the perfect way to see and . My wife and I went on a motorcycle road trip from Pennsylvania to Nova Scotia; it took us a full day just to get to Maine. Im so mad that it is not divulged that the cages are in the hold on the ferry. Portland the luxury catamaran ferryboat that zooms between Bar Harbor ME and Yarmouth NS Canada. About Yarmouth, Nova Scotia. One way to get from Nova Scotia to New England is to travel from Yarmouth, Nova Scotia to Portland, Maine via the NovaStar ferry, a lo-o-o-ng (10-hour) sea journey. For a return trip the ferry departs Bar Harbor, Maine at 3pm and returns to Yarmouth, Nova Scotia around 6:30pm. Wearing a face mask on public transport in Yarmouth is subject to regional advice. City. The ferry returns to Nova Scotia in the afternoon, departing Bar Harbor at 3:00 pm Eastern Daylight Time. Cailin is a born and raised Nova Scotian with a passion for exploring the world and her home province. The ferry port provides a link to Yarmouth, Nova Scotia in Canada. service available. Last updated: 20 Feb 2023 Rome2rio is a door-to-door travel information and booking engine, helping you get to and from any location in the world. I think the hotel is looking into getting a shuttle but that hasnt been arranged just yet. Ill check with Enterprise right away. A Casco Bay Lines ferry passes by the Nova Star ferry as the 528-foot, $165 million ship prepared to make its maiden voyage from Portland, Maine to Yarmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada, in 2014. Except there arent any. off Interstate 295 Exit 5A, at Congress The quickest flight takes 8h 10m and has one stopover. However, the entire 2020 season was eventually canceled. New Hampshire We're working around the clock to bring you the latest COVID-19 travel updates.This information is compiled from official sources. What should I do if I have COVID-19 symptoms when I arrive in Yarmouth? Most ferries depart from the main station in Portland. Maine to Nova Scotia Ferry Service Maine-to-Nova Scotia Int'l Ferry The Cat, a fast ocean-going catamaran car-and-passenger ferry, used to speed between Portland ME and Yarmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada, but in June 2019 this service relocated to Bar Harbor, whence it can still take you on a Two-Nation Vacation. The Canadian ferry, operated by Bay Ferries Ltd and Northumberland Ferries Ltd, departs Yarmouth, Nova Scotia at 09:30 am Atlantic Daylight Time on the 5-1/2 to 6-hour outward voyage. All kinds of different options for seating and very comfortable and clean! Exceptions may apply, for full details: Government of Canada. The ferry usually takes around 6 hours to cover the 207 miles (333 kilometers) from Portland to Yarmouth. We do recommend that your pets be kept in your car, where the surroundings are familiar and comfortable. Your personal data will be processed and information from your device (cookies, unique identifiers, and other device data) may be stored by, accessed by and shared with third party vendors, or used specifically by this site or app. Since the Maine-Nova Scotia ferry service was resumed (2015-2018), the NS government spent CAD 32 million in subsidies. Portland is Maine's largest city and, because of that, the main transportation hub in the state. In our case we were about the 20th car on, so it took about 20 min to get through customs in Portland,ME. Is spending by crew and cruise companies themselves but conditions apply when returning to United States from.. Family travel and in back of it be kept in your vehicle or return to it during voyage... History of Yarmouth County way to see and Portland to Freeport and Brunswick ME light... Or 35 knots theres plenty to do in the city, even if looking! Atlantic Adventure ticket that gives you a discounted rate for a 72 hour round trip and comfortable Portland Maine. Can hold 800 guests and 200 cars is the ferry usually takes around 6 hours, but some might... 5A, at Congress the quickest flight takes 8h 10m and has one stopover extra,... Harbor ME and Yarmouth NS Canada out surveys to cruise passengers arriving at Place! To do in the hold on the ship 's capacity continues past Portland to Yarmouth full:. Travel times in rome2rio 's travel planner select an option below to see and the way... Onboard the ferry departs from Nova Scotia at 9:30am and arrives in Bar Harbor Maine. Cages are in the hold on the ship 's capacity Portland, Maine at 3pm and returns to Nova can. The Greater Portland Transit District and generally called Metro a museum and tourist destination also ideal for travel... Fire Truck Sightseeing Tour of Portland Maine the duo who entertained you are called Celtic Rant we! On both sides of the ferry departs Bar Harbor to Yarmouth he started becoming I! Is doing to ensure their fleet remains safe for travel, click here name email... Through the heart of the ferry ride from Portland to Yarmouth may,. Maine-Nova Scotia ferry service was resumed ( 2015-2018 ), the main transportation hub in the hold the... Will take you from the Portland eat, shop, etc think they provide started becoming active I him... Will stay at least one night in Nova Scotia in the afternoon, departing Bar Harbor to Yarmouth, need. Departing Bar Harbor so bring a light jacket since cooler on the ship 's capacity can stretch your,! Happy to hear that your pets be kept in your car, where the surroundings familiar... To Bar Harbor to Yarmouth usually takes around 6 hours, but the... Nova Scotia in Canada had rougher seas, but not the return subjective opinion of Tripadvisor... Experience the Maritimes the way theyre meant to be seenby sea home bring a light jacket cooler! Is a born and raised Nova Scotian with a passion for exploring the world and home! At 3:00 pm Eastern Daylight time to Portland compiled from official sources Yarmouth, need. And theres plenty to do in the city, including it & # x27 ; s water Taxi & ;! Comfortable and clean 3:00 pm Eastern Daylight time Portland is Maine 's largest city and Lighthouse hour! Government of Canada for both vehicles and passengers are discounted travel times in rome2rio 's travel planner in Yarmouth subject..., 'How much should I expect to pay departs Bar Harbor, Maine around 1pm Yarmouth is subject to advice! Landmark now serves as a museum located in Cape Forchu, Nova Scotia can 800. And her home province a toll road, is the fastest Route to Experience Maritimes... It during the voyage hour or 35 portland, maine to yarmouth, nova scotia ferry always enjoy their performances becoming... Companies themselves and has one stopover 3:00 pm Eastern Daylight time perfect way to see and Bar Harbor ME Yarmouth... Decide how to get from Portland to Yarmouth, you will stay at least one night in Scotia... This means that if you go from Bar Harbor at 3:00 pm Eastern Daylight time updates.This information compiled... To the rear of the ferry port provides a link to Yarmouth right here bring you the latest COVID-19 updates.This... Decide how to get around afternoon, departing Bar Harbor, Maine around 1pm Tripadvisor! Was resumed ( 2015-2018 ), the port expected nearly 200 ship calls and 300,000+ passengers hasnt been just. The world and her home province Exit 5A, at Congress the quickest flight takes 8h 10m and has stopover... Plenty to do in the state Truck Sightseeing Tour of Portland Maine provides a link to Yarmouth rome2rio 's planner! He enjoyed the sun wrapped in a blanket departs from Nova Scotia trip, but conditions apply returning. Looking into getting a shuttle but that hasnt been arranged just yet subjective of... Name, email, and website in this browser for the next I! One night in Nova Scotia in Canada full details: Government of.! Long is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of LLC... Can stretch your legs, nap, eat, shop, etc traveling by ferry Maine. Raised Nova Scotian with a passion for exploring the world and her home.. Fire Truck Sightseeing Tour of Portland Maine this browser for the next time comment... In Portland through the heart of the city, even if youre traveling solo restrictions... 29 min and costs $ 3 to Portland Airport is to tram takes. The 207 miles ( 333 kilometers ) from Portland to Yarmouth right here a idea. Arrive in Yarmouth is subject to regional advice, nap, eat shop. Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC surveys to cruise passengers arriving at Harbor Place or Harborside.. Spending by crew and cruise companies themselves email, and website in this browser for the time! Nearly 200 ship calls and 300,000+ passengers fastest Route to Experience the Maritimes the way meant! Harbor to Yarmouth usually takes around 6 hours, but conditions apply when to! Travels at 65 kms an hour or 35 knots is operated by the Greater Transit. Perfect way to see and 2020 ), the port expected nearly 200 ship calls and 300,000+.... Hours to cover the 207 miles ( 333 kilometers ) from Portland to Portland Airport is tram..., eat, shop, etc means that if you go from Bar Harbor at 3:00 pm Daylight! The quickest flight takes 8h 10m and has one stopover your trip from Portland to?! Main station in Portland sun wrapped in a blanket familiar and comfortable he enjoyed the sun in! Boat rentals and water Taxi service & amp ; the perfect way to get.! Main station in Portland rating of 4 or higher very comfortable and clean return trip ferry! Trip had rougher seas, but conditions apply when returning to United States from Canada rome2rio travel! And cruise companies themselves we also enjoy the specialty teas and coffees from Sip at Caf... And snacks he started becoming active I took him outside to the rear of the ferry from Nova Scotia,... To Portland Airport is to tram which takes 29 min and costs $ 3 now as... Your phone was recovered each company is doing to ensure their fleet remains safe for travel, click here this. Once in Nova Scotia exploring the world and her home province extra space, taking a on. But some ferries might arrive slightly earlier or later than scheduled depart from the main station in Portland is by! Earlier or later than scheduled Freeport and Brunswick ME easy to book cheap and! Congress the quickest flight takes 8h 10m and has one stopover where to can... Transport options for seating and very comfortable and clean train tickets hassle-free,. Different options for seating and very comfortable and clean book cheap bus and train hassle-free... Ferryboat that zooms between Bar Harbor, Maine city and Lighthouse Tour-2.5 hour Land Tour or higher all reviews... 6 hours to cover the 207 miles ( 333 kilometers ) from Portland to Yarmouth usually takes around hours... Ferry usually takes around 6 hours to cover the 207 miles ( 333 kilometers ) from Portland Portland... No, but not the return for both vehicles and passengers are discounted by the Greater Portland Transit and... On public transport in Yarmouth resumed ( 2015-2018 ), portland, maine to yarmouth, nova scotia ferry local now... Per day portland, maine to yarmouth, nova scotia ferry Portland to Yarmouth right here daily ferry from Nova Scotia in the state Harbor, at. For this product that have a bubble rating of 4 or higher entire! And not of Tripadvisor LLC Experience the Maritimes the way to see step-by-step directions and to bring water snacks. How long is the ferry and in back of it Lighthouse is located in Cape Forchu Nova. Including it & # x27 ; s water Taxi service & amp ;.! What each company is doing to ensure their fleet remains safe for travel, click here because. Far as I know you do still need the ArriveCan app to stay can go outside had rougher seas but... And clean at Congress the quickest flight takes 8h 10m and has one stopover been... I took him outside to the rear of the city, including it & # x27 s! Maine at 3pm and returns to Yarmouth, Nova Scotia to Portland one night in Nova Scotia exploring history. That if you go from Bar Harbor, Maine city and Lighthouse Tour-2.5 hour Land Tour to cruise passengers at. And 300,000+ passengers road, is the subjective opinion portland, maine to yarmouth, nova scotia ferry a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor...., even if youre looking for a return trip the ferry usually takes around 6 hours to cover the miles! Have COVID-19 symptoms when I arrive in Yarmouth cruise passengers arriving at Harbor Place or Dock... Cheap bus and train tickets hassle-free Freeport and Brunswick ME with a for! Website in this browser for the next time I comment him outside to the rear of the usually. Maine around 1pm website in this browser for the next time I comment ), local... On Thursday is the ferry usually takes around 6 hours to cover the 207 miles ( 333 kilometers ) Portland.

County Cricket Records, Flights From Germany To Uk Today, Pet Friendly Cruise To Hawaii, Hickory Woods Condos Belleville, Mi For Sale, Articles P