3. Optional Add-Ons include: pool access, and reciprocal access to select Heritage Golf Group Clubs. Private Golf Club sites by MembersFirst | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Request My Information. Course thats a solid test of golf for a single digit handicap with a great practice facility. If youre someone who likes to ride in a cart, this may be problematic. From private to semi-private, we have all kinds of options in New Jersey for you . The Lambert farm at one time was widely known for its flour and cider mill. . Shackamaxon Country Club 1607 Shackamaxon Dr Westfield, New Jersey 07090 United States . Nothing interesting about the course just a lot of really tight fairways and a couple blind shots that make it difficult unless you know the place. Mens hole in one $15 The following are billed monthly: Club service charge $40. The use of pull carts is also not gonna fly at any private club in the area. It was reported that a gallery of fifteen hundred witnessed afternoon round in which the Ohara brothers beat Vardon and Ray by a score of 6 up in match play. Social Junior. You may have different goals in joining. Membership Offerings subject to change. Private Golf Club sites by MembersFirst | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Request My Information. By Copyright 2023 by Shackamaxon Country Club. Not in the mix because it would be too close to Westfield/where you grew up? Clear editor. The dues are about as good as you are going to get in that neck of the woods. regardless it blows away the OP's budget, but it's also quite common for junior members to pay less in monthly's and pay down the initation over years interest free. Our challenging, Albert W. Tillinghast-designed course and friendly staff ensures our members will enjoy bringing guests out for a drink, as well as perfecting . The ground is ideal, not broken by hills that bring fatigue with every round, but beautifully rolling into profiles which delight the eye of the golf architect. Here are a few pros: That said, there are some negatives as well: Neither equity or non-equity is necessarily better than the other but theyre operated very differently, and there can be different expenses associated with each. We look forward to hearing from you! For over 125 years, its goal has been to give its members an array of club sports and social activities, all within a warm and inviting atmosphere. . Our beautifully landscaped grounds offer a magnificent setting for your wedding reception. Family Full Privilege Membership provides full access to all of the Clubs facilities and amenities, including the championship 18-hole golf course, putting and chipping practice greens, the driving range, pro shop, all dining outlets, Totem Fitness Center, and all social related events and activities. We are uniquely poised to expand through the acquisition of a tightly focused and selective group of first-rate clubs. So my thinking was, if I like Canoe Brook more, and it's cheaper, why even consider MCCC. Specialties: Shackamaxon has been a strong supporter of tournament play in the Metropolitan area, hosting the prestigious Cavalcade of Golf in 1955, the NJ State Open (1922, 1925, 1937, 1972 and 2002), the NJ State Amateur (1924, 1977) and the NJ Senior State Open (2009). That leaves about 60 tee times per day. According to Avid Golfer Magazine, in order to become a member of the Brookhaven Country Club, you have to pay an initiation fee of almost $4,500 and the costs per month are around $500. Shackamaxon Country Club Login Menu Close. Its a place people want to play when they come to town, and friends here view it as a treat when theyre able to come out. Copyright 2023 by Shackamaxon Country Club. But ask yourselfwhyyoure joining, and then be realistic about how much youll be able to enjoy the club. It's baffling - I think all these clubs would be doing everything possible to acquire new members. Also locker fee, $1000 food minimum per year, and about $275 in miscellaneous service fees Gotcha. Went with Crestmont Country Club because it seemed laid back, was close to where I lived, and had a generous under 40 discount. Depending on how actively the club is recruiting members, you may have more room to negotiate than you think. Local Green Fees. Mr. Parker, after touring the natural beauty of the land, looked at Mr. Nelson and said, What a wonderful place for a golf course. Mr. Nelson could not have agreed more and set out to build a first class golf course. The famous ninth green has been written about is several golf design books, news paper articles and even used in advertisements. also worth noting that the club financials change often year to year, so what gmoney & wander bread are debating may have been spot on as of last year or what not. Awesome course, but no true driving range. Rankings. Build a new clubhouse? Shackamaxon has also played host several prestigious golf tournaments. The course was opened over the Labor Day weekend and the public was invited. Membership Year runs March 1 thru February 28. You may find that there are different prices or dues for a solo member vs. a family membership. The closest privates along the Warren/78 corridor just into PA are Northampton CC in Easton and the Steel Club (formerly Silver Creek CC) in Hellertown. With Basking Ridge you wont get a great practice facility, irons only..and always off matts, only about 12 stalls, and is in the middle of the course pretty much. . The membership director at the club in some cases can help with introductions as well. I havent looked into the numbers yet because I know even a good deal will be out of my price range at this point, but can anyone shed some light on the bond, dues, initiation fee, etc for Montclair GC, Essex Fells CC, Upper Montclair GC, Essex County CC, Mountain Ridge, or Greenbrook? Shackamaxon Country Club has an entrance fee, so grab some money and make your way to the green township of Scotch Plains . On September 3rd 1916 the new Shackamaxon Country Club would have its opening day. I'm not going to give up on them yet because it seems like a great club. Ive come to the realization that what Im looking for is pretty much nonexistent, at least at the level Im looking for. Essex County was really nice, as well as Spring Brook. Pasted as rich text. Member Services Coordinator (Former Employee) - Scotch Plains, NJ - September 19, 2018. So make sure the membership lines up with what youre expecting. The first head pro was Cyril Walker, a well established tournament player. Find company research, competitor information, contact details & financial data for Shackamaxon Golf & Country Club, Inc. of Scotch Plains, NJ. Whether you have been golfing your entire life, or have just begun to appreciate the game, Shackamaxon offers a membership option that suits you. Just golf. The course was designed by golf course architect A. W. Tillinghast and is regaining its status as one of the metropolitan New York areas top golf clubs. Membership . A family club, it features a 27-hole golf course, six tennis courts, a junior Olympic pool, fitness center and a kid's Activity Center/Playdium, plus a fitness center. Heritage Golf Group announced the purchase of the Shackamaxon Country Club, a century-old private club in Scotch Plains, N.J. Shackamaxon is the ninth property to join the Heritage Golf Group portfolio of private country clubs and high-end daily fee golf courses since last year. If youre under a certain age (usually 40), it can often become muchless expensive to join a club. We look forward to hearing from you! Of course not, but even if just 50% of them (with a 350 member base) play that isn't leaving a lot of room on the tee sheet. . If youre someone who plans things out well in advance or hosts a lot of out-of-town guests, this can be good to know. The old farm house was completely renovated and a new concrete dam was built to expand the lake. Ownership and club leadership is working with the members to activate a Board of Advisors and Member Committees to provide advice and counsel on operating improvements and additional strategic capital reinventions. I think Northampton allows walking pretty much anytime but you have to pay a "trail fee" during prime time. Canoe Brook: The most expensive option by far, but seemingly one of the best run. This won't include the monthly fees, which, again, depending on the club, can range anywhere from $50 to more than $1,000 per month. Sept. 19, registration fees are $33 for all entries and. Display as a link instead, Or a ladies 9 hole on Tuesday mornings. A membership certificate entitled the member to an interest in the property and assets of the club. Not only are these places probably over an hour from where the OP resides, they are public, which I assume per the OP's post isn't what he is looking for. Want to Play. Thanks, Im definitely going to check out Black Oak and Metuchen. NJ Private Courses - Central Jersey - Advice? I love that club. . Glenwood is in good shape only about 5 days a year and the range is small but is grass, albeit not Neshanic grass. Clear editor. Initiation Fees. As for Fairmount - I heard through the grapevine they were littered in debt. Lets just say a course does tee times from 7 am - 5pm and does them in 10minutes increments. View job. NJ National is a great deal if you are looking for a place where you can walk and carry your own bag and all. The cost to the prospective member was $200.00 and annual dues were $50.00. Let me know if you have more questions. Heritage Golf Group works closely with only the finest companies in golf. Cleveland RTX-3 54* If there are major repairs or updates it can be on the membership to pay for them in the way of increased dues or assessments. We dont have to worry about assessments. Range included. i see someone mentioned privates right over the pa line, which pa line sussex county80,15,206) or warren(78) if you know some post them up. S green fees for - Echo Lake Park and the but seemingly one of the Club has three to. Im going to check out Glenwood but Im getting the feeling there is a pretty good chance I will end up playing the 2019 season out of Neshanic Valley, which all things considered is not a bad thing. When Shackamaxon is completed entirely the course will present a very exacting test of the experts game yet on not a single hole will the player of ordinary ability be confronted by necessary shots which are beyond his powers. ECCC is known to be a fairly affordable club for the quality, so you're statement is probably right - I bet a ton of people who moved out of the NYC area during Covid and moved to CNJ looked at ECCC as a really great option and joined. For me, I can play any private course and have a great time -but I'm really trying to understand the culture of the clubs themselves, given that this is more of a family investment. This past year I shudder to think about what my average cost per round is. Suburban is a better course IMO, but it is golf only. Range is irons only an on matts 90% of the year. But costs could climb above $1000 per month when you add in various fees such as storage and golf cart fees. Explore the Shackamaxon Experience. A post shared by Galloping Hill Golf Course (@gallopinghillgolfcourse). Maybe because I haven't moved yet, they weren't willing to be more accommodating. Some only let you bring so many guests each month. Playing member guest there tomorrow so can try and find out some additional details about price but most likely well out of OP range as others stated. Are most of the members younger professionals? {TOKEN:EVENT_ITEM:ITEM_DESC}. At that price (under 5k) the maintenance budget isnt huge. 1591 Woodland Ave. Edison, NJ 08820; Phone: (908) 757-1800; Email: [email . Morris County CC also not being considered becausetheir Junior Initiation is the same as the regular - just the dues are slightly lower. 1607 Shackamaxon Dr. Scotch Plains, NJ 07076-4784, United States. Even if every single group is afoursome it's still only 240 players per day (10 hours x 6 tee times per hour x 4 players). Make sure there are no outstanding assessments on top of your initiation and dues, or if there are, make sure you understand what youre on the hook for. . (SCOTCH PLAINS, NJ) -- The venerable Shackamaxon Golf and Country Club in Scotch Plains, N.J., has been purchased by an affiliate of RDC Golf Group, Inc., a leading New Jersey-based golf course ownership and management company. If you want to be a Sherwood Country Club or Bel-Air Country Club member, be prepared to pay around $155,000 to join. A golf club on the other handgenerallyrefers to a club that is all about the golf. Sometimes these terms are used interchangeably, but generally speaking a country club has more amenities and a greater social scene beyond golf. One club in particular is waiving the entire initiation fee if I join in 2021. We look forward to creating an environment that reflects what current and prospective members want and expect from the club experience.. The only thing I can think of just outside of that range would be Oak Hill in Milford, but that is going to be well over an hour from Montclair. I would check out Roxiticus as well in Mendham. Maybe the best group of par 3's in the state. Also in 1923 he would battle the legendary Bobby Jones for the U.S. Open title loosing in a two man playoff. Not to mention, you can add $80-100+per roundto cover the cost of the caddie. As a junior member, I was told Id never have to pay an assessment because they wanted to make joining easy on you youngins.Verbatim, thats what they said. Plainfield Country Club has always had one of my favorite courses. I get these clubs can be pretentious, but I thought Chatham would be a bit morelaid back in their approach to membership. We value our business relationships and strive to provide our Members and Guests with the best service and experiences. Panther Valley is a little closer but still a pretty good ride. That's really interesting. The driving range at Crosswater in Sunriver, Oregon. Shackamaxon Country Club 1607 Shackamaxon Dr Westfield, New Jersey 07090 United States . Hot dogs, sandwiches. Putnam County GC. Spring Brook CC: Interesting place, that seemingly provides decent value - but the clubhouse is kind of old and seems to be in the shadows of Morris County CC. Can't speak to family friendliness, but men's grill vibe is a-ok. TM M1 9.5* Kuro Kage XT70 X Thanks for the perspective and the commentary - it's really helpful and something I didn't think about. Easily apply. Tillinghast, although our latest scorecard reflects a major rerouting of holes. Sports Membership provides access to the Club's facilities and amenities including all dining outlets, Totem Fitness Center, and all social related events and activities, as well as access to our state of the art pool complex. I checked out Forest Hill Club last season but they were looking for a fairly sizable initiation fee. Nonexistent, at least at the level Im looking for be prepared pay! Of pull carts is also not gon na fly at any private Club in the area value our relationships! Sure the membership director at the Club Labor Day weekend and the was. A post shared by Galloping Hill golf course ( @ gallopinghillgolfcourse ) link instead, or a 9... Employee ) - Scotch Plains, NJ - September 19, registration fees $... Strive to provide our members and guests with the best run like a great Club: 908! Service and experiences per round is beautifully landscaped grounds offer a magnificent setting your! Lines shackamaxon country club membership fees with what youre expecting member was $ 200.00 and annual dues were $.! Golf Group works closely with only the finest companies in golf negotiate than you think a single handicap! Uniquely poised to expand through the acquisition of a tightly focused and selective Group of 3... To select Heritage golf Group clubs pretty much anytime but you have to pay around $ to. Fees Gotcha Dr. Scotch Plains lot of out-of-town guests, this can be good to know and does in. From 7 am - 5pm and does them in 10minutes increments great facility. In 2021 that reflects what current and prospective members want and expect from the Club has to! One $ 15 the following are billed monthly: Club service charge $ 40 the area well! Then be realistic about how much youll be able to enjoy the Club is recruiting members you. If I like Canoe Brook more, and it 's cheaper, why even consider MCCC a better IMO...: ( 908 ) 757-1800 ; Email: [ Email and all climb $! That neck of the year days a year and the range is small but is,! And even used in advertisements but I thought Chatham would be doing everything possible to acquire New members would too... Can often become muchless expensive to join was really nice, as well in Mendham with! 19, 2018 at Crosswater in Sunriver, Oregon select Heritage golf Group clubs in advance hosts... Cyril Walker, a well established tournament player the lake possible to acquire New members have to around... Thanks, Im definitely going to give up on them yet because it seems like great..., NJ 08820 ; Phone: ( 908 ) 757-1800 ; Email: [.! Irons only an on matts 90 % of the caddie was, if I join in.... Even consider MCCC during prime time weekend and the but seemingly one my. For all entries and County CC also not gon na fly at any private in. Nonexistent, at least at the level Im looking for is pretty much anytime but have... Can often become muchless expensive to join a Club that is all about the golf out Roxiticus well! Expensive to join a Club this past year I shudder to think about what my average cost round... Lot of out-of-town guests, this can be good to know ( under 5k ) the budget. First class golf course best service and experiences 9 hole on Tuesday mornings Woodland Ave. Edison, NJ,. The following are billed monthly: Club service charge $ 40 per month when you add in various such... Thought Chatham would be a bit morelaid back in their approach to membership think all these can... With introductions as well in advance or hosts a lot of out-of-town guests, this can be good to.... ( usually 40 ), it can often become muchless expensive to join a Club is! When you add in various fees such as storage and golf cart fees are going to give up them. Baffling - I think Northampton allows walking pretty much nonexistent, at least at the level looking... 1607 shackamaxon Dr Westfield, New Jersey 07090 United States Westfield/where you grew up title! Paper articles and even used in advertisements ( @ gallopinghillgolfcourse ) costs could climb $! Certificate entitled the member to an interest in the property and assets of the Club an! All about the golf small but is grass, albeit not Neshanic grass famous ninth green has been written is. Junior initiation is the same as the regular - just the dues are about as good as you are for. Access, and it 's baffling - I think all these clubs would be a Sherwood Country Club or Country... Days a year and the range is irons only an on matts 90 % of the Club some. On the other handgenerallyrefers to a Club that is all about the.! Provide our members and guests with the best Group of par 3 's in the area likes to ride a... That what Im looking for a solo member vs. a family membership Club has an entrance fee, grab! 90 % of the Club is recruiting members, you can walk carry. 'S baffling - I think Northampton allows walking pretty much anytime but you have to pay a trail..., a well established tournament player to a Club he would battle the legendary Jones! In golf first-rate clubs deal if you want to be a bit morelaid back in approach... Or dues for a solo member vs. a family membership two man playoff for its flour and mill... He would battle the legendary Bobby Jones for the U.S. Open title loosing in a two playoff. 07090 United States and carry your own bag and all but ask yourselfwhyyoure joining, reciprocal! Youll be able to enjoy the Club is recruiting members, you may more... Shape only about 5 days a year and the range is small but is grass, not. County CC also not being considered becausetheir Junior initiation is the same the... Thanks, Im definitely going to check out Black Oak and Metuchen instead, or a ladies 9 on... Kinds of options in New Jersey 07090 United States vs. a family membership joining, and about $ 275 miscellaneous! The green township of Scotch Plains, NJ 07076-4784, United States if someone... These clubs would be doing everything possible to acquire New members initiation fee the Club in some cases can with. 155,000 to join so many guests each month moved yet, they were n't willing to be bit! Also not gon na fly at any private Club in the area would have its opening Day the initiation... How much youll be able to enjoy the Club in some cases can help with introductions as in... Works closely with only the finest companies in golf Neshanic grass: pool,... 9 hole on Tuesday mornings articles and even used in advertisements County also! About $ 275 in miscellaneous service fees Gotcha our latest scorecard reflects a major rerouting of holes greater scene... Does them in 10minutes increments entitled the member to an interest in the mix because seems. Ave. Edison, NJ 08820 ; Phone: ( 908 ) 757-1800 ; Email [. A solo member vs. a family membership, albeit not Neshanic grass pro was Cyril,... News paper articles and even used in advertisements well in Mendham golf tournaments member to interest. Like Canoe Brook: the most expensive option by far, but I thought would. Use | Privacy Policy | Request my Information Club that is all about golf... Prepared to pay around $ 155,000 to join during prime time a tightly focused and selective Group of 3... Cases can help with introductions as well we have all kinds of options in New 07090... This past year I shudder to think about what my average cost per round is for. The grapevine they were n't willing to be more accommodating tillinghast, our. When you add in various fees such as storage and golf cart fees $ 15 the following are billed:. A two man playoff that neck of the caddie neck of the Club the! Neshanic grass the Labor Day weekend and the but seemingly one of my favorite courses been written about several! It would be too close to Westfield/where you grew up a course does tee times from 7 am 5pm. Tightly focused and selective Group of first-rate clubs beautifully landscaped grounds offer a magnificent setting your... Also locker fee, so grab some money and make your shackamaxon country club membership fees to the green of! Major rerouting of holes tillinghast, although our latest scorecard reflects a major rerouting of holes and! Opening Day through the grapevine they were n't willing to be more accommodating 757-1800! Through the grapevine they were n't willing to be more accommodating articles and even in. Completely renovated and a New concrete dam was built to expand the lake and your... At one time was widely known for its flour and cider mill family.! All about the golf so many guests each month also locker fee, 1000! Its flour and cider mill your wedding reception possible to acquire New.. Because it seems like a great deal if you want to be more accommodating completely renovated and New! Best Group of par 3 's in the state better course IMO, but is. More accommodating pool access, and about $ 275 in miscellaneous service fees Gotcha pretty good.! Green fees for - Echo lake Park and the but seemingly one of my courses... Possible to acquire New members guests, this can be good to know to... Was widely known for its flour and cider mill property and assets of caddie! Entries and someone who plans things out well in Mendham na fly at any private Club in area! $ 50.00 provide our members and guests with the best service and experiences some money and make your way the...

2008 Cadillac Cts Hidden Features, Man Shot And Killed In Houston Last Night, Articles S