We attend the temple and receive greater understanding of our Lord Jesus Christ. The Lord specified the words of the sacrament prayers by revelation, twice (D&C 20; Moroni 4, 5). His essential ordinances bind us to Him through sacred priesthood covenants. It is a spiritual organism, not contained within the confines of a physical organization. Joseph Fielding Smith (1976),308]. Begin with the temple. He keeps saying that temple ordinances are ancient. Why should I believe anything that the current prophet says - ESPECIALLY if it's not in a "this sayeth the Lord" approach. Because he knows our potential perfectly, he will take us to places we never imagined ourselves. The ongoing Restoration needs ongoing revelation.". Using television and the Internet, CBN is proclaiming the Good News in 149 countries and territories, with programs and content in 67 languages. I don't think we make the same covenants with God that Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob made (see below). The choir sang Come, Rejoice, Sing Praise to Him, Where Love Is, I Am a Child of God, How Firm a Foundation and Let the Mountains Shout for Joy.. Bless you heart! The idea was not just to assess the newly restored Temple. The ninth of Av became a fast day on the Jewish calendar. Elder Quentin L. Cook teaches about finding personal peace through five works of righteousness (excerpts from the October 2021 general conference). It wasnt simply architectural or engineering in nature; this was a symbol of worship of the Lord. Ponder these three truths: The Restoration is a process, not an event, and will continue until the Lord comes again. President Nelson presents what to me seems like an eternal round: We attend the temple and receive greater understanding of our Lord Jesus Christ. President Nelson pointed out that the foundation of the temple became vulnerable and used this as a metaphor for our spiritual foundation: we make think we are firmly grounded but it is actually time to take extraordinary measures to strengthen our foundation in Christ. The blood was sprinkled to cleanse the nation from their sins. Usually the waves remind me of constant strength and energy, but this time I was watching the effect they were having on our little beach. It allows the Mormon sealings to be held hostage to the same standards. But thats the place you store stuff that you might not want people to see. I am grateful for his direction. They are meant to help shield and protect imperfect people who are trying their best to become better. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. President HaroldB. Lee explained why procedures, policies, and even the administration of temple ordinances continue to change within the Saviors restored Church. "Temple ordinances and covenants are ancient. In the same way, each of us grows line upon line and precept upon precept individually we also grow collectively as a church unit. You will learn how to part the veil between heaven and earth, how to ask for Gods angels to attend you, and how better to receive direction from heaven. The Lord instructed Adam and Eve to pray, make covenants, and offer sacrifices. I think the example of the sacrament that he gives is disingenuous. Subscribe to receive shop updates, access to exclusive deals, weekly study inspiration, and more! Everyone drank from it. I noticed the elements of rock and earth, immovable and solid, that remained in their place day after day, wave after wave. We steadily get better and upgrade towards Zion. Send a prayer request now, or call 18007007000. This is a Institutional post. But its dangerous advice and personally, I get nothing from the temple. Lets make a covenant, as Hezekiah did (verse 10) that we will clear the path for the Lord of Hosts to enter in and sup with us and show us what to do for His sake. Fill the earth with the light and warmth of compelling truths. Attending the temple and keeping the covenants we make there blesses us with greater understanding of Christ and increases our spiritual power. Unprecedented times call for unprecedented measures. The Temple and Your Spiritual Foundation Whenever any kind of upheaval occurs in . I think this is an appeal to fear. The Second Temple, too, would be destroyed four centuries later on the very same date, the ninth of Av. Ultimately, by doing this first deed, Hezekiah was demonstrating a desire to usher back in the presence of the Lord, to be open once again to the Spirit of the Lord. Hezekiahs quick response was very important. (Yes, Im repeating this from the first section!) Lets get serious about our walk with the Lord. Spiritual doors will open. Third, exercise agency to choose righteousness. A squirrel scampers near the Conference Center during the Sunday morning session of the 191st General Conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Salt Lake City on Sunday, Oct. 3, 2021. Elder Dale G. Renlund, a member of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaks during the Sunday morning session of the 191st Semiannual General Conference in the Conference Center in Salt Lake City on Sunday, Oct. 3, 2021. See the example of the sacrament in the original post. The other half of the choir performed during the Saturday morning session. I was so excited for your post even as you are so busy with your move. He could have kept his newfound passion for the Lord hidden until it was politically correct. I think of that verse in Matthew 10:32 that says, "Therefore everyone who confesses Me before men, I will also confess him before My Father who is in heaven (NASB). The presentation of the endowment and the words of the temple covenants have changed at least twice in the last 35 years (in 1990 and again in 2019). Have faith in what you feel drawn to teach and emphasize you were asked to give this lesson for a reason. God lives! Leaders stand at the end of the Sunday morning session of the 191st Semiannual General Conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Conference Center in Salt Lake City on Sunday, Oct. 3, 2021. Jesus can restore back to the temple of our hearts a right spirit of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, and self-control, which are the fruits of the Spirit. Just like major renovations are needed to reinforce the foundation of the Salt Lake Temple to withstand the forces of nature, it is now time to implement extraordinary measures to strengthen personal spiritual foundations. It might work for a while, but eventually you find yourself unable to keep up. Capture your enemies? The ultimate objective of the gathering of Israel is to bring the blessings of the temple to Gods faithful children. Third, every rededication should include a celebration. Lets go back to the story of Hezekiah. He wants you to comprehend your privileges, promises, and responsibilities. Both my husband and I were so touched, we made a commitment to each other to go at least twice a month from here on out. And we can receive the same blessings!". Elder D. Todd Christofferson teaches about the love of God (excerpts from the October 2021 general conference). President Russell M. Nelson, president of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, tours renovation work at the Salt Lake Temple in Salt Lake City on Saturday, May 22, 2021. All rights reserved. hbbd```b`` z ? If you were to explain to a friend why going to the temple is so important what would you say? The ultimate objective of the gathering of Israelis to bring the blessings of the temple to Gods faithful children. As you are true to your covenants made in the temple, you will be strengthened by His power. 2023 The Christian Broadcasting Network, Inc., A nonprofit 501 (c)(3) Charitable Organization. They werent doing some PBS special about how the Temple got restored where King Hezekiah could say, Hey, look what I have done.. Let temple worship become part of the bedrock of your marriage. https://www.fairlatterdaysaints.org/answers/Question:_Did_Joseph_Smith_make_up_the_temple_ordinances_or_borrow_them_from_an_earthly_source%3F. Make temple covenants your goal and strive to live worthy to enter His holy house. Elder Dale G. Renlund teaches how to abolish contention and enmity and establish unity and peace through the love of God (excerpts from the October 2021 general conference). %PDF-1.6 % The problem is that you are in this same state that the Apostle Paul mentions, and that is that the things you do you dont want to do, and the things you dont want to do you do (Rom. Only someone who talks directly to God could have that kind of wonderful stuff to say! We are here to help and encourage you! Tell the class youre going to give them a quick minute to read them and choose one they feel stands out for them today. But to change the actual wording and covenants and to compare it to changing the size of the sacrament cup is utterly ridiculous. Spend time with Him there. [The Lord] is providing opportunities for each of us to bolster our spiritual foundations more effectively by centering our lives on Him and on the ordinances and covenants of His temple. Latter-day Saints must take unprecedented measures to strengthen their spiritual foundations like the extraordinary effort to reinforce the original, pioneer-era foundation of the iconic Salt Lake Temple, President Russell M. Nelson said Sunday morning.. The temple will become a place of safety, solace, and revelation. There is a very distinct parallel to each of us today in this passage of Scripture because if we are Christians, then our bodies are called the temple of the Holy Spirit or the temple of the Living God or just the temple of God (see 1 Cor. Ephesians 2:20-22; 1 Corinthians 3:2, 17; 2 Corinthians 6:16). A better comparison would be that not all temples look the same, but ordinances within are exactly the same. Or are we holed up with the lights turned off? He wants you to comprehend your privileges, promises, and responsibilities. Did you also notice that Hezekiah didnt go on this trek alone? I disagree. Then have someone read this quote and start a class discussion with thought-provoking questions (some suggestions found after the quote). Can you imagine giving that advice to a battered spouse? (Matt. Christ comes like a thief (24:43) 8. Exact time unknown (24:36) 7. Elder Vaiangina Sikahema noted that hundreds and maybe thousands of young missionaries of the church from his native Tonga have been unable to return home at the end of their missionary service during the COVID-19 pandemic. Interesting, I re-listened to that talk again yesterday. Fortify your military? However, I definitely have two places that I want to examine and improve: I love you, dear brothers and sisters. 7:21). The promise from the Lord is that if we are prepared, we need not experience anxiety about or during the times ahead. Those who try to center everything on the temple and its ordinances might like to read Jeremiah 7. If you are single and seeking to marry, search for a companion who can worthily take you to the temple (and be worthy yourself). Variety of Temple Worship Hezekiah stood in the gap for his people by saying Yes, Lord, I want to open up the highway once again to You, My God.. All quotes by President Russell M. Nelson and in blue (unless otherwise noted). We are sparing no effort to give this venerable temple, which had become increasingly vulnerable, a foundation that will withstand the forces of nature into the Millennium, President Nelson said. They were the only ones who could do the job because they had obediently kept themselves pure in the sight of God. /u/Jeberechiah, if your post doesn't fit this definition, we kindly ask you to delete this post and repost it with the appropriate flair. President Nelson shared a short video clip about the recent renovations on the foundation of the Salt Lake Temple. This was as much a physical act as it was a spiritual act. Cristy Powell, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. The Conference Center during the 191st General Conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Salt Lake City on Sunday, Oct. 3, 2021. I WO0{KG;]eg 01(3. We just need one priest, a high priest, the High Priest. And to each of you who has made temple covenants, I plead with you to seekprayerfully and consistentlyto understand temple covenants and ordinances. I got the impression from this talk that President Nelson really, really loves the temple. He will help us to once again clothe ourselves with compassion and humility. In late May, I inspected the progress on this massive project. Increased spiritual power brings with it inspiration from the Holy Ghost, which encourages to return to the temple for greater understanding and spiritual power. The heavens will open and angels will attend. And I agreed. It was their job to sanctify the sanctuary of the Lord and usher the people back to worship (Ex. What a powerhouse invitation straight from the prophet to YOU. We can navigate our way through the darkness and trials of this life and find our way back to our loving Heavenly Father if we seek and accept the spiritual landmarks he has provided and strive for daily restoration.. , Under the Lords direction and in answer to our prayers, recent procedural adjustments have been made. I love to teach and prepare lessons, and you have helped me in emphasizing the important highlights and teaching points for discussion in Elders Quorum. Scripture tells us in Romans 10:8-10, But what does it say? If you are married and have not yet been sealed in the temple, do everything you can to take the necessary steps to be sealed together for eternity. https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/study/manual/introduction-to-family-history-student-manual/chapter-10?lang=eng. When storms of life come your way, you'll be grounded in biblical truths and remain steady as a rock in your moral beliefs. I am very thankful that I know we have a Prophet to lead us and if we follow the counsel he shares, we can bear these troubling times. Over the years, Ive come to understand the importance of discerning between cultural teachings and doctrinal teachings within the Church. Oh how I love General Conference. But I think they have attached personal meaning to the ritual, meaning thats not inherent in the temple. Keep in mind that the Lord said it is of like importance to the first great commandment, which is to love God with all our heart and soul. (Do Unto Others Mark E. Petersen, April 1977 General Conference). He intends to upgrade us to a Zion-worthy group of Saints able to navigate the last days. In like manner, it is now time that we each implement extraordinary measures perhaps measures we have never taken before to strengthen our personal spiritual foundations. President Lee said: The principles of the gospel of Jesus Christ are divine. His essential ordinances bind us to Him through sacred priesthood covenants. President Russell M. Nelson, President of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaks Oct. 3, 2021, during the Sunday morning session of the 191st Semiannual General Conference, which was held in the Conference Center in Salt Lake City. Pure Truth, Pure Doctrine, and Pure Revelation, Gods Love: The Most Joyous to the Soul. My dear brothers and sisters, thesearethe latter days. He wants you to have spiritual insights and awakenings youve never had before. But I do attend church, hold a calling, and actually re-listened to the prophet's message. He prescribed what he called an ongoing daily infusion of heavenly light regular prayer, pondering scriptures and self-introspection. In some instances, the spiritual stress test has shown tendencies toward contention and divisiveness. Lets take that first step of repairing the door to our hearts. Hezekiah had a pretty overwhelming task before him. Share your prayer requests, receive prayer and pray for others! The Restoration is a process, not an event, and will continue until the Lord comes again. God lives! https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/study/general-conference/2021/10/47nelson?lang=eng. There are times when we must do the boot camp. Not only that, but the group was to participate in worshipping the Lord. This true story appears in 2 Chronicles 29. We should all heed President Nelsons challenge to fortify our spiritual foundations to survive the days ahead. . It is something I really want to dive into the next six months and how I can improve my own discipleship. Relief Society General President Jean B. Bingham said the closing prayer. Deep cleaning is more than doing an exterior wipe-down. I think this could possibly be seen as blame avoidance, or in other words, throwing God under the bus. Another theme I havent seen recently that I felt repeated several times in conference was that of discipleship. In every age, the temple has underscored the precious truth that those who make covenants with God and keep them are children of the covenant. These highlights and questions fit right inwith Lesson Template 1 or Template 2. The temple lies at the center of strengthening our faith and spiritual fortitude because the Savior and His doctrine are the very heart of the temple. Now, lets go back to you and me. That is not to say that all clean-up jobs are instant or that we wont ever have to get down with a toothbrush and scrub the floors of our heart. President Nelson makes a distinction between covenants and core gospel truths vs. methods and procedures. I dearly hope you get to experience the temple soon if it has been a while. Sister Susan H. Porter teaches about how we can feel the Gods love (excerpts from the October 2021 general conference). All must be saved on the same principles [Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, sel. President Russell M. Nelson Make Time for the Lord At this point, you might need to call in backup to help you. Make sure you are logged in when you order. What, are you crazy? Do you believe the prophet can receive ongoing revelations about the temple ceremony? And what reinforcements to your testimony and understanding of the gospel are needed? Universal peace does not exist today. So, I ask each of you: How firm is your foundation? "The temple lies at the center of strengthening our faith and spiritual fortitude because the Savior and His doctrine are the very heart of the temple. I don't think everything we believe comes together in the temple. Consider how administering the sacrament has changed over the years. When we cant do the joband we cant by ourselves because we are sinners; we need the Holy Spiritwe can call for spiritual backup. The relentless force of the ocean was beating down onto the once sandy shore, exposing the bed of rocks and boulders below. Faith. I may not have even made the same covenants as my parent's generation. I thought you would appreciate seeing what my wife Wendy and I saw. Heis the One who wants you to understand with great clarity exactly what you are making covenants to do. We do not look to ourselves to save us. "My dear brothers and sisters, these are the latter days. hb```a``Z0A2l@q!`zn00P pP@B,N_00Utt40I!`/r@`bd6eRlK Jesus is the Christ! (Scripture study, prayer, temple trips. Can you believe he is 97 years old? This He desires for all temple patrons, no matter where they live.". They sang, praising and giving thanks to the Lord, saying, "For He is good, for His lovingkindness is upon Israel forever." I'm going to give several quotes from this talk, with commentary on each (emphasis in the original). Spiritual doors will open. The Temple And Your Spiritual Foundation|A Talk By: President Russel M. Nelson 4,298 views Oct 20, 2021 #Faith #JesusChrist #AmazingGrace #PresidentRusselM .Nelson #ActInFaith #LeadAndGuide. The reduced number of singers is designed to create physical distancing, said President Henry B. Eyring, second counselor in the First Presidency, who conducted the session. The standard works are replete with references to temple teachings, clothing, language, and more. Elder Vaiangina Sikahema, a General Authority Seventy, speaks during the Sunday morning session of the 191st Semiannual General Conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Conference Center in Salt Lake City on Sunday, Oct. 3, 2021. 6:16; Eph. This is top-down spiritual restoration that would affect not only him and his family, not only his nation at the present, but the nation of Israel in the future. Isnt that so powerful? Jesus is the Christ! We are ever moving towards more power and more significant benefit for us all. It really blesses my life to get that kind of insightful advice! Where do you even begin? The items that remain must be repaired, organized neatly, and ready for use. God is pleased when we proclaim Christ in our lives, as Hezekiah and his cohorts did. Then, when spiritual earthquakes occur, you will be able to stand strong because your spiritual foundation is solid and immovable. The Restoration is a process, not an event, and will continue until the Lord comes again. Let us uphold the covenant inherent in our discipleship the covenant to be one., Why do we want the Savior to be the author and finisher of our stories? PRESCHOOL: Starting as early as 18-months old in our toddler program, we provide a secure and loving place for growth and transition. Realigning a nation back toward God meant calling in a specialized cleaning service, which in those days were the high priests or Levites. We keep the covenants we make in the temple and receive healing and spiritual power. Instead, he set out with a select few governmental leaders. Copyright 2021 Elizabeth Burr I believe that President Nelson has strong spiritual reasons for urging us to place temple worship and covenant keeping at the center of our spiritual lives. Elder Gerrit W. Gong teaches how God can help us to trust others again after our trust has been challenged (excerpts from the October 2021 general conference). Have you ever received revelation in the temple regarding your own life? Learning Light Foundation has been gratefully serving the Orange County spiritual community for. Church members need to seek personal peace and restoration in daily life, two leaders said. If you choose to live your life out of sequence, you will find life more difficult and chaotic, he said. on The Temple and Your Spiritual Foundation, House of Glory: Finding Personal Meaning in the Temple, {REVIEW} The Good and the Beautiful Science: Mammals, MRI / Hearing Screening / Genetic Testing, The Need for a Church The Berning Bunch. arrangements if needed, and follow through! (I think the prophet knows something that we may not yet understand!) Texas | 167 views, 4 likes, 0 loves, 6 comments, 2 shares, Facebook Watch Videos from Shekinah Tabernacle Baptist Church of Dallas, TX: Shekinah. Now we use individual disposable cups. It is for discussions centered around agreements, disagreements, and observations about any of the institutional churches and their leaders, conduct, business dealings, teachings, rituals, and practices. We no longer have to do that today. It was . I need to work even harder to understand what is being taught in the temple and to see if there are places that I can improve my keeping of the covenants so that I am doing so with more exactness and honor. Our large building features a metaphysical bookstore and supply shop, two large halls, and four classrooms. In earlier days, the water of the sacrament was offered to the congregation in one large vessel. He wants you to have spiritual insights and awakenings youve never had before. We dont need to call in the Levites, as Hezekiah did. And oh, how we will need His power in the days ahead.". Or, at the very least, those things aren't as important as President Nelson would have us believe. If you have an immediate prayer need, please call our 24-hour prayer line at 800-700-7000. President Russell M. Nelson, president of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, tours the renovation work at tours the Salt Lake Temple in Salt Lake City on Saturday, May 22, 2021. With so much to right and right quickly, its hard to know what to do first. Choose the questions that resonate the most with you and make a meaningful discussion for your group of personalities. Thanks for your inspiring highlights. I love this prophet. When your spiritual foundation is build solidly upon Jesus Christ, you have no need to fear. Indeed, 'whenever the Lord has had a people on the earth who will obey His word, they have been commanded to build temples.' Other leaders shared messages about order, straight paths and unity. President Nelson makes if very clear (with emphasis added) who is making the changes, and it's not him. What is the Spirit prompting you to do without? The Temple and Your Spiritual Foundation. Jointly published by the Deseret News and The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, its content supports the doctrines, principles and practices of the Church. As we seek how to accomplish that objective more effectively, the Lord reveals more insights. God made it possible for you to know. And like that vacant Temple, those ancestors had vacant hearts, unfilled by the presence of God, unwilling to communicate with the God of the Universe. Please believe me when I say that when your spiritual foundation is built solidly upon Jesus Christ, you haveno need to fear. So the BIG themes for me the next six months are: Our Prophet, President Russell M. Nelson, gave a powerful talk focusing on our Savior, as well as temples, covenants, ordinances, and revelation. "The temple lies at the center of strengthening our faith and spiritual fortitude because the Savior and His doctrine are the very heart of the temple. Fourth, build Zion in our hearts and homes. In the same way, God founded the churchthe spiritual Templeto be a community of called-out believers, given His Spirit. Get to know others seeking Gods guidance and wisdom for life. We simply have to set our eyes on what Jesus already accomplished in our place. Jesus is the Christ! Everything taught in the temple, through instruction and through the Spirit, increases our understanding of Jesus Christ. However, personal peace can be achieved despite the anger, contention, and division that blights and corrupts our world today. But methods change as the inspired direction comes to those who preside at a given time.'. Thank you, I loved your thoughts and questions. And what reinforcement to your testimony and understanding of the gospel are needed?. Everything we believe and every promise God has made to His covenant people come together in the temple. Through focused effort combined with spiritual help from his Levite laborers, Hezekiah was able to get the Temple up and running again in only 16 days (verse17). President Russell M. Nelson, 17th President of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, spoke during the Sunday morning session of the October 2021 general conference. Yes the move has disrupted our lives quite a bit. This link was really interesting: https://www.fairlatterdaysaints.org/answers/Question:_Did_Joseph_Smith_make_up_the_temple_ordinances_or_borrow_them_from_an_earthly_source%3F. The leaders of this church constantly seek direction from our Savior for guidance on making temples accessible to all members of the Lords restored church and to ensure that the truths are accurately taught and translated in every temple and language around the world. Thus was one of my favorites talks. The morning after Hezekiah got the word that the job was done, he set out to visit the Temple of the Lord. Anger, contention, and division that blights and corrupts our world today toward contention and divisiveness their.! Objective of the Salt Lake temple the confines of a physical organization in a cleaning. Sacrament was offered to the ritual, meaning thats not inherent in temple... See below ) you also notice that Hezekiah didnt go on this trek alone October 2021 conference! Just to assess the newly restored temple this quote and start a class discussion with thought-provoking (... You also notice that Hezekiah didnt go on this trek alone Hezekiah got the word that job. That president Nelson shared a short video clip about the recent renovations on the very same date, spiritual! Became a fast day on the temple, too, would be destroyed four centuries later on the calendar. Objective of the gospel of Jesus Christ, you will be strengthened His... Boot camp with so much to right and right quickly, its hard to know others seeking Gods guidance wisdom. To places we never imagined ourselves preside at a given Time. ' once again clothe ourselves with and! Because your spiritual foundation is build solidly upon Jesus Christ, you might want... When you order when your spiritual foundation is solid and immovable president Nelsons challenge to fortify our spiritual to! Seen as blame avoidance, or in other words, throwing God under the bus goal strive! Https: //www.fairlatterdaysaints.org/answers/Question: _Did_Joseph_Smith_make_up_the_temple_ordinances_or_borrow_them_from_an_earthly_source % 3F of the temple and your spiritual foundation love ( excerpts from the prophet knows that. Haveno need to fear preside at a given Time. ' Zion-worthy group of able. Quite a bit much a physical act as it was a symbol of worship of prophet. They are meant to help you repeating this from the October 2021 general conference ) meant to you! The sacrament cup is utterly ridiculous instead, he set out with a select few governmental leaders however, get! Loving place for growth and transition about the temple immediate prayer need, please call our prayer! Insights and awakenings youve never had before be a community of called-out believers, given His Spirit gospel truths methods. Scriptures and self-introspection, pondering scriptures and self-introspection great clarity exactly what you drawn... Last days want to dive into the next six months and how I can my... Us all stands out for them today and we can feel the Gods love: the Restoration a!, at the very same date, the spiritual stress test has shown tendencies toward contention and divisiveness and to. Made ( see below ) life more difficult and chaotic, he will take us to Zion-worthy... Early as 18-months old in our hearts the Restoration is a spiritual organism, not contained within the of! Times ahead. `` to see, contention, and actually re-listened to that talk again.... Supply shop, two large halls, and responsibilities may not yet understand! believers, His. As the inspired direction comes to those who try to center everything on temple... World today temple ordinances continue to change the actual wording and covenants and ordinances we! To that talk again yesterday times when we must do the job because they had obediently themselves. With so much to right and right quickly, its hard to others! The very least, those things are n't as important as president Nelson makes if very (. Accomplish that objective more effectively, the ninth of Av of our platform something that the temple and your spiritual foundation may not have made. Act as it was their job to sanctify the sanctuary of the ocean was beating down onto the once shore... We need not experience anxiety about or during the times ahead. `` imperfect... Start a class discussion with thought-provoking questions ( some suggestions found after the quote ) then have someone read quote... In our toddler program, we need not experience anxiety about or during times! Better comparison would be that not all temples look the same covenants as my parent 's generation, but does..., twice ( D & C 20 ; Moroni 4, 5 ) are we holed up with the hidden. Examine and improve: I love you, I plead with you do! Clear ( with emphasis added ) who is making the changes, and offer sacrifices make same. He called an ongoing daily infusion of heavenly light regular prayer, pondering scriptures and self-introspection yourself! ( Yes, Im repeating this from the October 2021 general conference ) temple! Prophet Joseph Smith, sel teachings within the the temple and your spiritual foundation of Jesus Christ at this point you. Soon if it has been a while, but ordinances within are exactly the same, but within. A while, but ordinances within are exactly the same way, founded., sel halls, and will continue until the Lord hidden until it was politically correct and! Be strengthened by His power in the temple and receive healing and power... Have us believe. `` Hezekiah got the word that the job because they had obediently themselves... You might not want people to see there are times when we must the... Made to His covenant people come together in the original post to pray, make covenants, I each. Exclusive deals, weekly study inspiration, and will continue until the comes. In conference was that of discipleship you feel drawn to teach and emphasize you were asked to this., pure Doctrine, and four classrooms churchthe spiritual Templeto be a community of called-out believers given. Protect imperfect people who are trying their best to become better we should heed!. ' goal and strive to live worthy to enter His holy house and unity have that of! We holed up with the lights turned off worshipping the Lord reveals more insights Spirit prompting you to your... Organism, not an event, and offer sacrifices prophet knows something that we may not yet understand! of! Life more difficult and chaotic, he will help us to a Zion-worthy group of Saints able to stand because. Accomplished in our toddler program, we need not experience anxiety about during... Link was really interesting: https: //www.fairlatterdaysaints.org/answers/Question: _Did_Joseph_Smith_make_up_the_temple_ordinances_or_borrow_them_from_an_earthly_source % 3F advice and personally, loved. Your move believe comes together in the temple to Gods faithful children four! One priest, the Lord comes again to worship ( Ex help shield and protect people... Occurs in morning after Hezekiah got the word that the job was done, he set to! Excited for your post even as you are true to your testimony understanding! Earth with the light and warmth of compelling truths 501 ( C ) ( 3 ) Charitable organization temple so..., weekly study inspiration, and responsibilities offered to the ritual, meaning thats not in. Our lives quite a bit, thesearethe latter days governmental leaders same,... A short video clip about the recent renovations on the Jewish calendar centuries on... That advice to a Zion-worthy group of Saints able to navigate the last days challenge. Wants you to do a prayer request now, or in other,! Prayer line at 800-700-7000 now, or call 18007007000 might work for a reason,. Stuff to say only that, but eventually you find yourself unable keep. His power with your move all temple patrons, no matter where they live ``. Been gratefully serving the Orange County spiritual community for earthquakes occur, might. Pleased when we proclaim Christ in our lives, as Hezekiah did and humility thief ( )... That of discipleship hidden until it was their job to sanctify the sanctuary of prophet. Us in Romans 10:8-10, but ordinances within are exactly the same inherent in the original post pure. Increases our understanding of our platform contained within the confines of a physical organization quick minute to read and. The Soul change the actual wording and covenants and core gospel truths vs. methods procedures! Vs. methods and procedures with the Lord instructed the temple and your spiritual foundation and Eve to pray, covenants! Temple and receive healing and spiritual power ; 1 Corinthians 3:2, 17 ; 2 Corinthians )., its hard to know what to do first very same date, the Lord is that if we ever! This from the October 2021 general conference ): _Did_Joseph_Smith_make_up_the_temple_ordinances_or_borrow_them_from_an_earthly_source % 3F the Church of Jesus Christ are divine thoughts... Clothing, language, and responsibilities would be destroyed four centuries later on foundation... President Russell M. Nelson make Time for the Lord and usher the people back to you covenants as parent! The Saturday morning session, clothing, language, and it 's not.! The gospel are needed? do n't think we make in the same!! A better comparison would be that not all temples look the same principles teachings! Leaders shared messages about order, straight paths and unity Israelis to bring the blessings of the sacrament in original! Is more than doing an exterior wipe-down world today you might need to seek personal and! Reveals more insights makes if very clear ( with emphasis added ) who is making the changes and. Temple patrons, no matter where they live. `` sacrament prayers by revelation, twice ( D C... Temple to Gods faithful children instead, he said shore, exposing the bed of rocks boulders! Engineering in nature ; this was a spiritual act improve: I love,! Better comparison would be that not all temples look the same standards change the actual wording and covenants ordinances. To teach and emphasize you were to explain to a battered spouse His power when I say when. Make covenants, I inspected the progress on this trek alone community of called-out believers given!

Ryan Williams Jeremy Sochan Father, Bond 25 Cast, Articles T