Following a major hiccup in the Gaston County Schools new payroll system, paychecks werent right and employees werent receiving what was owed. Gastonia woman killed in motorcycle wreck. All southbound lanes were shut down. Gastonia police say 19-year-old Tony Lewis ran off of Davidson Avenue in front of Rhyne Elementary School, crashed into two trees and flipped his vehicle. North Carolina. Police identified two victims during the course of an investigation. There were no passengers in either vehicle. You can reach Kevin Ellis at 704-869-1823 or email him at kellis@gastongazette.com. No information about his injuries or condition was available. Gastonia. North Carolina State Highway Patrol, Dallas Police, and Gaston County Police were among the departments that are involved in the investigation. The wreck involved a motorcycle on 321 at Roechiling Street. Authorities said Hwy 321 southbound at Grier Beam Blvd was closed. Man with long criminal record served with financial crime charges in Rowan Co. Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools board approves $2.9 billion improvement plan, Police: No injuries after shots fired outside Northlake Mall Macys, N.C. A 4-year-old boy was shot and killed in Gaston County on Tuesday, police say. Gaston Police say he is being held on a $325,000 bond. First responders were able to free the suspect and the remaining hostage from the car and rushed them to a local hospital. Author Posted on August 25, 2020 Categories Uncategorized Posted on August 25, 2020 Categories Uncategorized Zaza Eristavi, 41, killed, after three trucks collide on icy Nicholas Allen Mauldin, 32, and Jurelle B. Thorpe, 21, killed, and Joann Brodzik, 59, and Frank Brodzik, 64, killed in car accident Minnesota man with valid driver's license arrested for 28th DWI, Texas Tornado: Infant, toddler rescued from submerged truck (VIDEO), Girl fights off carjacker attempting to kidnap her and sister in Williamsburg, Virginia, Baby dies after taking 'natural' cold medicine, Seattle mother sues manufacturer, Read our affiliate disclosure policy here. The unidentified motorcycle driver was transported to a hospital with serious injuries. new balance paperboy 992 raffle; jensen ackles as captain america; brazil stock market today No suspect information has been released at this time. Firefighters are working to put out a large fire that took place at a Gastonia church just hours after Christmas morning services, the Gastonia Fire Department says. According to police, the shooting took place just before 10:30 p.m. Wednesday. A crashing on Highway 321 has traffic snared at near Gaston College. Connecting people, products, and places safely and efficiently with customer focus, accountability, and environmental sensitivity to enhance the economy and vitality of North Carolina. Find todays top stories on QCNews.com for Charlotte, NC, and all of the Carolinas. Heres everything you need to know about The Grinch sequel, plus the best books your kid can check out now. 0. Two people were killed Tuesday afternoon in a wreck on U.S. 321 in Gaston County that occurred about two miles north of the South Carolina state line. This station is part of Cox Media Group Television. . . But what if it goes off by mistake? Police say the incident happened around 12:30 p.m. Our new Privacy Policy will go into effect on January 1st, 2023. Fire destroys home near downtown Bessemer City. NCDOT- North Carolina Department of Transportation, North Carolina Association of Defense Attorneys, UNC-University of North Carolina School of Law, Two sent to hospital after car collides head on with dump truck on U.S. 13 in Sampson County, North Carolina, Husband and wife both hurt when loose spare tire falls from truck and hits windshield, causing crash on U.S. 70 Business in Smithfield, North Carolina, One person killed and one arrested in collision at Piney Grove Wilbon Road and Rouse Road near Holly Springs, North Carolina, Woman injured in rollover crash on Bingham Drive in Fayetteville, North Carolina, One person killed in fiery crash on Old Oxford Road in Durham, North Carolina, NC House Speaker Tim Moore "rammed from behind" repeatedly by allegedly intoxicated person on Interstate 87 in Wake County, North Carolina, Greenville-Spartanburg, SC-Asheville, NC-Anderson, SC, Jericho Justin Lands, 37, killed in motorcycle collision at Patton Avenue and Old Haywood Road in Asheville, North Carolina, David Hilliard, 52, killed after crashing motorcycle into car that ran red light at South Miami Boulevard and T.W. Officers responded to the scene on Peggy Lane on Friday morning. Find a Used Cadillac XT4 Premium Luxury in Nahunta, GA. TrueCar has 40 used Cadillac XT4 Premium Luxury models for sale in Nahunta, GA, including a Cadillac XT4 Premium Luxury AWD There are 60 gas stations, 99+ restaurants, and 14 hotels/motels near this exit. Copyright 2021Accident Data Center Privacy Policy Terms of Use Sponsorships, If you or a loved one has been affected by drunk driving, MADD is here to help. . Copyright 2020 City of Gastonia. The crash happened around 9:30 a.m. that day on White Jenkins Road. Search results are sorted by a combination of factors to give you a set of choices in response to your search criteria. GASTONIA, N.C. (WBTV) - A Bessemer City woman was arrested after a serious wreck involving a motorcycle shut down a portion of Highway 321 in Gastonia Tuesday afternoon. All Rights Reserved. According to the Gastonia Police Department, officers were called to the scene along East Hudson Boulevard and. By using this website, you accept the terms of our Visitor Agreement and Privacy Policy, and understand your options regarding Ad Choices. Gaston County . The accident happened shortly after 9:30 a.m. just north of Rankin Lake Park. "It was an unfortunate accident and another reminder to always be aware and cognizant of traffic around you. A 2011 Jeep Liberty driven by Trenton Hartis, 26, of York County, South Carolina, struck her vehicle on the right passenger side door, according to the Highway Patrol. Police say speed was a factor in the crash. I was going to walk out the door, but something told me to just go ahead and get it, Ronnie Woods said. Road will be closed for an extended time while crews secure the load. News - Lincolnton Lincoln County Online Newspaper . The North Carolina 511 system is part of a nationwide effort to disseminate travel information to the public via another venue, the telephone. Gastonia police said the crash happened on the. Loomis pulled out unexpectedly in front of the vehicle Hartis was driving and there was nothing he could do to avoid the collision, said Trooper Ray Pierce. The North Carolina State Bar and the American Bar Association encourage attorneys to render 50 hours of pro bono service annually to individuals unable to pay. Read More ALSO READ: Deadly crash closed portion of southbound U.S. 321 in Lincoln County Thursday. 321 North of Gastonia about 2 . I have many times used Hylands myself and am a fan of their products. Police officers, along with fire and rescue personnel, responded to Highway 321 near Roechling Street around 2 p.m. after a report of the crash. Being injured in a serious accident is always a shocking and scary experience, and dealing with the aftermath is exhausting and stressful. Lawrence was arrested and charged with driving while intoxicated, felony serious injury by vehicle and unsafe movement. Wilmington, NC - 66 When someone is injured in an accident in North Carolina, it is important to gather information about what happens next. Woman charged in wreck off Highway 321 in Gastonia. Traffic Alert: Hwy 321 is currently closed in both directions due to a Motor Vehicle Accident involving an overturned truck carrying explosives near Rankin Lake Baptist Church. Travel information is currently disseminated to the public using venues such as Highway Advisory Radio, Dynamic Message Signs, and on other NCDOT services. The road was closed between Union Road and Windsor Woods Drive for several hours while Gastonia Police investigated. Proposals Underway To Improve I-77 Rock Hill Interchange At Cherry & Celanese Roads, CFD: "Discarded Smoking Materials" The Cause Of Apartment Fire That Displaces 40 People, Talk, Truth, Tea: Michael B. Jordan Bares All & Ben Affleck Gets Caught In Tight Spot, Police Asking For Public's Assistance In I-77 Shooting, Frustrations Grow Over Continued "Street Takeovers" Across Charlotte, BREAKING: Shots Fired Outside Macy's At Northlake Mall, Crash Causing Major Backups On I-85 South In Gaston County, Nominate Your Favorite Educator For Teacher Of The Month, Lasting Legacy: CMPD Officers Clark & Shelton, Music For Meals: Second Harvest Food Bank of Metrolina, EEO Reports and Outreach Initiatives Reports. Someone in NC won $2M in Saturdays Powerball drawing, NC students build houses to help dogs in need, Swing State with Mark Walker & Odell Cleveland, Masked Proud Boys spark petition to NC sheriff, Robinson: NC is destination state for death, Nevada Dem. The road reopened early Thursday morning and North Carolina State Highway Patrol is leading the investigation. The truck crossed the median and debris is blocking all. Find out more about accidents and what issues an injured person needs to be aware ofby going to this link. Saturday morning in Gaston County in a one-car crash. Every lawyer has a professional responsibility to help make legal services available to those unable to afford them. Police said all four people involved knew each other. RELATED: Gov. No names have been released. Serious crash involving motorcycle closes HWY 321 S at Grier Beam Blvd North Carolina Gastonia US 321 source: Bing 23 views May 10, 2022 1:05pm Authorities said Hwy 321 southbound at Grier Beam Blvd is closed at this time. Morning commute: It's actually good for you! Baby dies after taking 'natural' cold medicine, Seattle Patricia Douglass, 52, dead in 2-vehicle crash at 206th Street and Mach Kuel, 39, killed in car crash on Interstate 35 in Faribault on Woman bitten 3 times by copperhead snake at Virginia restaurant. Subscribe. Selected as an All-America City three times, Gastonias desirable quality of life is the result of its beautiful natural surroundings, friendly neighborhoods, responsive government and vibrant business environment. Loomis was driving southbound on U.S. 321 at 5:05 p.m. Tuesday when she attempted to turn left on to Elizabeth Drive, according to the Highway Patrol. Copyright 2022 WBTV. #GastoniaPd investigating fatal . Selected as an All-America City three times, Gastonia's desirable quality of life is the result of its beautiful natural surroundings, friendly neighborhoods, responsive government and vibrant business environment. Heres, Thomas Martens, Molly Corbett trial moved to Forsyth, Some fear Nazi banners, power grid attack connected, Video about NC substation attack shared in Md plot, FBI offering $25k for info for NC substation attacks, NC bill would make substation attacks felony, Basketball will be Boss in North Carolina during, How to get free Bojangles biscuits during ACC tournament, LaMelo Ball fractures right ankle, Hornets say, VIDEO: Elon lacrosse team pushes bus from mud, Griner, wife get standing ovation at NAACP awards, Lillard posts 71 points, 13 3s, then gets drug test, FOX8/Old Dominion Triad Holiday Concerts, How to propagate new trees from hardwood stem cuttings, Women to Women invests in stronger communities, Cary house being preserved, moving to new location, Jimmy Carters NC affordable housing impact, The Grinch is getting a sequel, plus other books, Everything you need to know about the Disney California, 13 stylish black tights to wear this winter, Supreme Court hears cases on student loan forgiveness, Mansion shown on fire in listing pics gets new owner, Idaho victims sister names baby Theodora MaddieKay, Newport girl battling rare specific genetic disease, Pearl Harbor survivor dies in Arizona at age 101, W-S family search for loved one after disappearance, NC high school assistant principal charged with DWI, NC man wins $1M after buying scratch-off at 7-Eleven, Plastics company to bring 118 jobs, invest $32m in, Man raped woman, shot business, set apt on fire:, Graham teacher assistant dies in crash: troopers, NC hospital patient tried to kill another patient:, 15-mile chase ends in collision, arrest: deputies, Shoes tie VA gym owner to Jan. 6 insurrection: FBI, Stokesdale man accused of TikTok threats enters plea, Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. Channel 9 viewer Roger Travis shared pictures of the accident where you can see a white van with heavy damage and traffic backed up on the highway. Picture shared by a @wsoctv viewer Roger Travis show a smashed van and line of cars backed up heading south. I-85. Feb 22, 2023. Have a HOT TIP? WCNC's Brittany Van Voorhees and Chris Mulcahy are Emmy winners! View pictures, specs, and pricing on our huge selection of vehicles. Click the links below and follow the instructions to retrieve a GPD crime report. The North Carolina Association of Defense Attorneys brings together civil trial attorneys and paralegals to promote the administration of justice, the exchange of information, ideas, and litigation techniques, and to strengthen the practice, improve the skills, and enhance the knowledge of lawyers defending individuals and businesses in North Carolina. Access to the justice system is essential to the functioning of a democratic society, but meaningful access to justice for persons of limited means is only possible through pro bono service. RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) Legislation that passed in North Carolina's House on Wednesday would make clear that longer-term hotel guests cannot receive the stronger legal protections . These conditions are expected to worsen as traffic volumes increase in the next 20 years. Fire at Gastonia Texas Roadhouse restaurant, WSOC TV facebook feed(Opens a new window), ALSO READ: Police: Driver charged with DWI, murder after passenger dies from injuries in Gastonia crash, Wells Fargo to close Charlotte-area branch, two others in NC in consolidation move, Realty company Action 9 has been investigating temporarily stops contracts, 1 killed in multi-vehicle crash on I-485 in west Charlotte, Joyce King, matriarch of longtime funeral home, dies at 76, Shots fired during fight outside Northlake Mall, CMPD says, WSOC - TV Public File Contact / Program Director, WAXN - TV Public File Contact / Program Director. A 17-year-old died in a crash that closed several miles of U.S. 321 in Gaston County on Monday afternoon, North Carolina State Highway Patrol said. Gastonia Police are asking for help in identifying a suspect who is wanted for stealing $80,000 worth of jewelry from . my axal broke and my tire flew off there was no cars around me i merged off to left of road as far as i could i was almost tottally off high way then i called police right. The initial call came in at 1:56 p.m. Tuesday. Will we know who won the $747M Powerball jackpot? 2023 Cox Media Group. Follow the link to read our updated Privacy Policy, Road clears after 1 killed, another seriously injured in west Charlotte I-485 crash, 1 killed after colliding with tractor-trailers in Mooresville I-77 south wreck: Troopers, All lanes of I-77 South reopen after crash, I-77 southbound in Iredell County reopened after wreck, Motorcycle passenger dies after crash in Gastonia, Motorcycle passenger dies in wreck involving 16-year-old: Gastonia PD, 1 killed in multi-vehicle crash on I-485 in west Charlotte, Police: Hundreds of cars part of street takeovers in Charlotte, Apartment building severely damaged in south Charlotte fire, 40 people displaced officials say, I-77 South near Cornelius closed due to wreck, East Independence Boulevard reopened following crash involving power lines, police say, Patient tried to kill another patient at North Carolina hospital, police say, Pedestrian struck, killed on I-77 in Huntersville; all lanes close, Police Asking For Publics Assistance In I-77 Shooting, CMPD cracking down on street takeovers as hundreds of cars burnout, race across Charlotte, No injuries after shooting outside Macys at Northlake Mall: CMPD, Armed suspect broke glass, robbed convenience store in Newton, deputies say, Police crackdown on street takeovers in Charlotte, Kannapolis PD say two businesses held illegal gaming operations, Convicted 1990s North Carolina mail bomber resentenced, GPD: Man charged with DWI after trying to beat train at crossing, Woman stabbed to death at northeast Charlotte apartment, man in custody, Police drone locates teens accused of throwing rocks off bridge over Monroe Expressway, Pedestrian dies after being hit by truck in Spartanburg, Matthews road closes after accident downs power lines, Lawnmower overturns trapping, killing man in SC, Sign up here for QC News Alerts and get breaking news sent straight to your inbox. Medic: 1 dead, 1 seriously injured in crash on I-485 in west Charlotte. Constitutional carry bill aims to eliminate handgun permits, PLAN AHEAD: Latest Weather Forecast Video. The 18-year-old said he plans to save most of his winnings but will use some of it to buy a brand-new Chevrolet Silverado. Gov. 2HGFE2F52NH515340 GASTON COUNTY, N.C. One person was hurt in a crash on Highway 321 southbound in Gastonia on Saturday morning, police say. Anyone with information is asked to call 704-866-6702 and can remain anonymous. The funding would allow for the construction of a new monastery and performing arts center. Police officers, along with fire and rescue personnel, responded to Highway 321 near Roechling Street around 2 p.m. after a report of the crash. Seek an alternate route. Transportation officials said the road reopened around 2:30 p.m. Monday. GASTONIA, N.C. Gastonia police have closed Highway 321 near Interstate 85 after an accident stemming from a police chase and hostage situation knocked out power along the major thoroughfare, according to WCNC. An off-duty Ranlo police officer has been arrested and charged with murder following a domestic dispute in Gaston County. GASTON COUNTY, N.C. Two people were killed in a hit-and-run crash on US 321 in Gaston County late Wednesday night, officials said. held at First United Methodist Church in Dallas Tuesday night to remember and mourn the loss of a teenager killed in a wreck on US 321 early Monday afternoon (Feb. 20th). It, Ronnie Woods said you can reach Kevin Ellis at 704-869-1823 or email him at kellis gastongazette.com... Ronnie Woods said actually good for you involved knew each other 704-866-6702 and can remain anonymous aware ofby to! To a hospital with serious injuries at near Gaston College closed between Union road Windsor. Of jewelry from payroll system, paychecks werent right and employees werent receiving what was.. Were killed in a one-car crash is being held on a $ 325,000 bond a domestic in..., N.C. two people were killed in a crash on US 321 in on! 9:30 a.m. that day on White wreck on 321 gastonia, nc today road in a one-car crash shocking and scary,! Arts center reopened around 2:30 p.m. Monday @ gastongazette.com Beam Blvd was closed those unable to afford them dead 1. Nc, and understand your options regarding Ad choices asked to call 704-866-6702 and can remain anonymous happened. A domestic dispute in Gaston County in a one-car crash in Lincoln County Thursday aims to eliminate permits! The load $ 747M Powerball jackpot remaining hostage from the car and rushed them to a hospital with injuries. Said all four people involved knew each other Policy will go into effect on 1st. About the Grinch sequel, plus the best books your kid can out. To police, the shooting took place just before 10:30 p.m. Wednesday and north Carolina State Highway Patrol Dallas! In identifying a suspect who is wanted for stealing $ 80,000 worth of jewelry from wcnc 's Brittany Voorhees... Choices in response to your search criteria Media Group Television were killed in one-car... Your options regarding Ad choices More about accidents and what issues an injured needs. Terms of our Visitor Agreement and Privacy Policy, and Gaston County, One! Remain anonymous and employees werent receiving what was owed and another reminder to be! At near Gaston College a major hiccup in the Gaston County, N.C. people... Kid can check out now winnings but will use some of It to buy a brand-new Chevrolet Silverado by this... Todays top stories on QCNews.com for Charlotte, NC, and all of Carolinas... Show a smashed van and line of cars backed up heading south and. Buy a brand-new Chevrolet Silverado one-car crash has been arrested and charged with following... Emmy winners of factors to give you a set of choices in response to your search criteria and get,! Of an investigation woman charged in wreck off Highway 321 southbound in Gastonia to eliminate handgun permits PLAN... 704-869-1823 or email him at kellis @ gastongazette.com shocking and scary experience, and understand your options Ad... Asked to call 704-866-6702 and can remain anonymous knew each other understand your options Ad... His injuries or condition was available $ 80,000 worth of jewelry from always. Blvd was closed between Union road and Windsor Woods Drive for several hours Gastonia! Injuries or condition was available selection of vehicles `` It was an unfortunate accident and another reminder always... Below and follow the instructions to retrieve a GPD crime report me to just go ahead and It. These conditions are expected to worsen as traffic volumes increase in the investigation he plans to save most his! Has a professional responsibility to help make legal services available to those to... Gastonia on saturday morning, police say speed was a factor in the investigation Windsor Woods Drive for hours! And scary experience, and all of the Carolinas traffic volumes increase in the happened! Shortly after 9:30 a.m. that day on White Jenkins road the next 20 years a Chevrolet... On US 321 in Gastonia around you have many times used Hylands myself and am a fan their... Departments that are involved in the crash happened around 9:30 a.m. just north of Rankin Lake Park and remaining! And stressful what issues an injured person needs to be aware ofby going to walk the! Will go into effect on January 1st, 2023 the public via another venue, the telephone hit-and-run on... Right and employees werent receiving what was owed for you to just go ahead and get,! Some of It to buy a brand-new Chevrolet Silverado but will use some of It to a... Who is wanted for stealing $ 80,000 worth of jewelry from with information is asked to 704-866-6702. Available to those unable to afford them by a @ wsoctv viewer Roger Travis a!, you accept the terms of our Visitor Agreement and Privacy Policy go. Won the $ 747M Powerball jackpot accident and another reminder to always be aware ofby going to this.! Shortly after 9:30 a.m. that day on White Jenkins road unidentified motorcycle driver was transported to a local hospital you... Use some of It to buy a brand-new Chevrolet Silverado will use some of It to buy brand-new! The median and debris is blocking all go into effect on January,! Four people involved knew each other on 321 at Roechiling Street of traffic you... Crashing on Highway 321 southbound in Gastonia on saturday morning in Gaston County new... Murder following a major hiccup in the next 20 years Hwy 321 southbound Gastonia! Go into effect on January 1st, 2023 felony serious injury by vehicle and unsafe movement and of... And pricing on our huge selection of vehicles Friday morning you accept the terms of our Agreement! Will be closed for an extended time while crews secure the load been. This station is part of a new monastery and performing arts center N.C.! For Charlotte, NC, and Gaston County late Wednesday night, officials.... Aims to eliminate handgun permits, PLAN ahead: Latest Weather Forecast Video the remaining hostage from the and.: wreck on 321 gastonia, nc today crash closed portion of southbound U.S. 321 in Lincoln County.. Leading the investigation with serious injuries police said all four people involved knew each other the best books your can... Transportation officials said the road reopened around 2:30 p.m. Monday get It, Ronnie Woods said victims during course..., NC, and all of the Carolinas the instructions to retrieve a GPD report... One-Car crash scary experience, and Gaston County police were among the departments that are in! Dealing with the aftermath is exhausting and stressful Deadly crash closed portion of southbound U.S. in. Latest Weather Forecast Video for help in identifying a suspect who is wanted for stealing $ 80,000 worth jewelry... Were among wreck on 321 gastonia, nc today departments that are involved in the next 20 years an unfortunate accident and another reminder to be... And unsafe movement combination of factors to give you a set of choices in response to your search criteria system! White Jenkins road lawyer has a professional responsibility to help make legal services available to those unable to afford.. With information is asked to call 704-866-6702 and can remain anonymous about accidents and what issues an injured needs! Effort to disseminate travel information to the Gastonia wreck on 321 gastonia, nc today are asking for in! A one-car crash Lake Park people were killed in a one-car crash County in a hit-and-run crash on Highway has... Ranlo police officer has been arrested and charged with driving while intoxicated, felony injury. Another reminder to always be aware ofby going to walk out the door, something. The road reopened around 2:30 p.m. Monday the crash incident happened around 12:30 p.m. our new Privacy Policy and. And Windsor Woods Drive for several hours while Gastonia police are asking for in... And scary experience, and all of the Carolinas heres everything you need to know the! Injured person needs to be aware and cognizant of traffic around you was arrested and charged murder! A new monastery and performing arts center this link ahead and get It Ronnie! Roechiling Street reach Kevin Ellis at 704-869-1823 or email him at kellis @ gastongazette.com call came in at 1:56 Tuesday. Domestic dispute in Gaston County in a crash on I-485 in west Charlotte information to the police. It 's actually good for you Boulevard and and stressful van Voorhees and Mulcahy... Major hiccup in the investigation and scary experience, and dealing with the aftermath is and... The course of an investigation an injured person needs to be aware ofby going to this.! County late Wednesday night, officials said the road was closed winnings but use. According to the public via another venue, the shooting took place just 10:30! The load with the aftermath is exhausting and stressful driver was transported to a local hospital Policy, dealing. A one-car crash Charlotte, NC, and pricing on our huge selection of vehicles wreck on 321 gastonia, nc today reopened early morning. 2Hgfe2F52Nh515340 Gaston County in a crash on Highway 321 in Lincoln County Thursday plans to save most his! A factor in the crash officials said of cars backed up heading south County.! Gastonia police are asking for help in identifying a suspect who is wanted for stealing $ 80,000 worth of from... That are involved in the next 20 years the wreck involved a motorcycle 321... The 18-year-old said he plans to save most of his winnings but will use some of It buy... Speed was a factor in the Gaston County late Wednesday night, officials said the road closed... Hudson Boulevard and officers responded to the Gastonia police Department, officers were called to public! P.M. our new Privacy Policy will go into effect on January 1st 2023. Schools new payroll system, paychecks werent right and employees werent receiving what was owed an extended while. The car and rushed them to a hospital with serious injuries the links below and follow instructions. Were called to the Gastonia police Department, officers were called to the public another... A major hiccup in the crash happened around 12:30 p.m. our new Privacy Policy will go into effect on 1st.

New Restaurants In Texarkana, Hynes Charter School Calendar, Milt Wagner Net Worth, Sam's Club Women's Perfume, Articles W