.large-date { text-align: center; margin-top: 30px; margin-bottom: 20px; font-size: 20px; font-weight: 600;} City Council Title: Council Member - Ward 4/Position 2 Phone: 501-590-2537 Mike Sanders Biography. If given the opportunity to serve as a city council member, I plan to focus on three areas; economic development, infrastructure, and limiting our high-density growth. This is Mike Sanders, currently, a candidate for the City of Leander City Council, Place 2 in the May 2021 Ge. They both then went on to attend Dallas Theological Seminary where Rachel completed a one year certificate before working as a school teacher and Joshua obtained a Masters Degree. .results_table_container { margin-top: 1px; @media screen and (max-width: 350px) { position: absolute; Copyright 1981-2023 Austin Chronicle Corp. All rights reserved. One of the focuses for economic development needs to be you. Once Spread the word that this guy should NEVER hold public office. }

. width: 90%; font-size: 1.25em; Short of having other quantifiable metrics for voters to make informed decisions about a candidate, party affiliation of the candidate and his donors can serve as a clear indicator of who a voter does not want to elect.

} .votebox { } color: black; Do you want a spreadsheet of this type of data? With less than a week to go before he begins serving a prison term for misspending political campaign funds, former Jackson County Executive Mike Sanders has . margin: 8px auto; background-color: #003388; By Taylor Girtman .contact_office { margin-top: 0.3em; margin-bottom: 0em;margin-right: 0.5em;} Occupation: Inside Sales and Reporting Manager. If voters reject Prop A, Leander will lose Cap Metro's rail, bus, and shuttle services the very next day. Alright, two things, access and information. } .non_result_row th { Although local races in Texas were intended to be non-partisan, meaning that party affiliation or party primaries are not used to identify or vet candidates, the reality is that local races have been tacitly partisan and increasingly blatantly not non-partisan. $(".collapse-all").on('click', () => { $('.hideResponses').on('click', () => { U.S. President | FAX: (512) 854-9075Submit your Application for Ballot By Mail or Federal Postcard Application via email, City SecretaryDara Crabtree, TRMC padding-left: 10px; $('.showResponses').show(); you're logged in, you can continue using the site as normal. The Chronicle welcomes opinion pieces on any topic from the community. } font-weight: bold; Monday - Friday Leander is one of the fastest-growing cities in the state and in the country. 8:05 AM Mar 30, 2021 CDT, Early voting begins April 19 for the May 1 election. Cities | Small business owners have suffered during this past year due to a variety of reasons. He has lived in Lander since 1976. }, 100); John was co-owner in an industrial construction company for 38 years. .indicate_scroll { campaign finance reports: first | second* Filed on Jan. 13, Place 2 - Esmeralda Traube | bio | application | cta | cfcp campaign finance reports: first (sod) | second | third* Filed on Feb. 8, Place 2 - Esmeralda Traube | bio | application | cta | cfcp Please consider supporting community journalism by subscribing. The platforms of the two dominant political parties which hold primary elections in Texas stand in stark contrast. p.survey-response {margin-left:10px;} City Hall Hours of operation, M-F. 8:00 am to Noon and 1:00 pm- 4:00 pm. color: #888; Follow the language. .mw-body #mw-content-text .votebox .race_header h5.votebox-header-election-type { padding-left: 10px; I think that would be really be helpful. Sanders was SO counting on an endorsement from the Williamson County Republican Leaders Group but was bushwacked when they decided NOT to endorse him. .widget-row.Independent, .widget-row.Nonpartisan, .widget-row.Constitution { .results_table { Leander Lookout has generated a rough heat map of political party alignment for each candidate and his donor base in the June 11, 2022 Runoff. font-size: 1.2em; Traube, a 48-year-old business architect at Dell Technologies, defeated Place 2 opponent Mike . . Support the Chronicle, Former Cedar Park council member and current candidate Tim Kelly, center, attended a family Pride event on June 15, 2019, to hand out Bibles, Pro-legalization and pro-freedom folks see eye to eye on the May 7 ballot. } I, _______________________, do solemnly swear (or affirm), that I will faithfully execute the duties of the office of _______ of the State of Texas, and will to the best of my ability preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States and of this State, so help me God. background-color: green; .inner_percentage, .inner_percentage.Nonpartisan, .inner_percentage.Independent, .inner_percentage.Constitution, .inner_percentage.unknown { } .widget-row.value-only.white {

float:right; 		left: 0;  So it would be really important to have that kind of collaboration. ul.key-messages {list-style-type: none; margin-left:10px; } } She has spent more than 25 years in the Austin area, with the last six years here in Leander. 	background-color: grey; Ballotpedia features 395,437 encyclopedic articles written and curated by our professional staff of editors, writers, and researchers. In the financial reports each Leander candidate filed in April, reports show that the Leander Mayor and 4 Leander City Council candidates (Hill, Sanders, Sponseller, Mahan, and Cannon), . })  While character and competency are extremely important, assessing those parameters requires a different layer of research, including a search of court records, personal interviews, background checks, employment history, D&B reports, and other data not readily available to the public. 		   document.write (document.charset ? 	vertical-align: top; What can we do to help you be more successful by shoring up your supply chains? Counties | 3, Leander Public Library Annex, 1011 S. Bagdad Road (, Jan. 1 - First day to apply for a ballot by mail, April 19 - First day of early voting; Last day to apply for a ballot by mail, May 12 - Deadline to canvass election results. I need to hear about your needs. His parents were Abraham and Lavinia (Florance) Minis. She is active in the Lander Rotary Club, chairs the board for the Alliance for Historic Wyoming, serves on the Fremont County Historic Preservation Commission and generally tries to stay involved in the Lander community as much as possible while still getting a full night's sleep. Troy currently serves on the CapMetro Board of Directors and is active with the Texas Economic Development Council. 	} 	background-color: #f9f9f9; p. 512-528-2743 One of the focuses for economic development needs to be you. 	font-weight: bold;  $('.pastResponses').show(); 		   document.write ("'><\/scr"+"ipt>"); What guts!  				overflow-y: auto; 		background-color: #6db24f; Focus on inclusive learning opportunities for students who are living with medical, intellectual . *excluding city holidays, City of Leander, Texas  2023  Mail to: PO Box 319, Leander, TX 78646, Notice of drawing for a place on the ballot, Notice of application deadline for a place on the ballot, Submit your Application for Ballot By Mail (ABBM) via email, Submit your Federal Postcard Application (FPCA) via email, Submit your Application for Ballot By Mail or Federal Postcard Application via email, Place 2 Annette Sponseller candidate application, Place 2 Annette Sponseller candidate form CFCP, Place 2 Annette Sponseller candidate form CTA, Place 4 Donnie Mahan candidate application, Place 4 Steve Hanes candidate application, Place 6 Marci Cannon candidate application, Place 2 Esmeralda Traube candidate application, Place 2 Esmeralda Traube candidate form CTA, Place 2 Esmeralda Traube candidate form CFCP, Place 2 Mike Sanders candidate application, Mayor Christine Sederquist candidate application, Mayor Christine Sederquist candidate form CTA, Mayor Christine Sederquist candidate form CFCP, Place 4 Nacole Thompson candidate application, Place 4 Nacole Thompson candidate form CTA, Place 4 Nacole Thompson candidate form CFCP, Mayor Troy Hill campaign finance report no. So, thats what Id do.. 				} A lo largo de este trabajo, avanzamos en la tesis de que existe un vnculo entre el proceso de intensificacin y visibilizacin del trnsito migratorio ligado al rgimen global de fronteras y el proceso de auge de las estrategias de cooperacin .survey-result {padding:10px;} 					zoneId = '4'; She is immediate Past Chair of the Leander Chamber of Commerce, Chair of the Old Town Street Festival and Leander Bus Tour, and was elected to a second term on the board. 		font-size: 12px;  	.inner_percentage.Republican { 		padding-top: 8px;  	} Phone number 512-975-9768. 	.results_text {  Learn how your comment data is processed. 	display: block; voting record as an officeholder, whether as an incumbent or in previous service as an elected official. He got all pissy and posted a scathing critique of them and current Council Members whom he THOUGHT were supporting him. 		margin-top: 0px; .widget-row.value-only { She has a bachelor's degree in journalism from the University of Florida. .widget-img { I would say we need to meet more often. 		margin: 0; It would have to pay a $42 million exit penalty to the transit authority, which has spent ample sums to build infrastructure in Leander, starting with the Red Line station itself and its park-and-ride. No victim should have to return to school the next day to face the bully who just struck him/her the day prior. 		background-color: grey; So it would be really important to have that kind of collaboration., Ive lived in Leander for 20 years and have been actively involved in the community raising my two kids who attended Leander School District. Ive worked for over a decade to bring quality development to Leander. , Bringing public and private parties together understanding the complexities of compromise and negotiation.  In the past three years, I helped reverse many over-reaching regulations on commercial development while at the same time improving quality - resulting in many new retail and restaurants. I represent Leander in a joint project with Williamson County, TxDot, and CAMPO for the Hero Way extension project which will be Leanders only east/west corridor to I35.  , We have discovered many infrastructure instability points caused by years of uncontrolled growth and lack of planning. We initiated an independent analysis of our water, wastewater, and roads and there is much work to be done. Using independent data, we can increase reliability and hold city staff accountable for spending.  , Worked with Mayor Hill and staff in pursuit of companies bringing high-paying careers. Identified a toolbox of incentives we can use to attract those businesses. Our membership in CapMetro requires giving them 50% of our sales tax, we are at a severe disadvantage when competing with neighboring cities who can use their sales tax to offer cash and land to these prospects. In 2020 we were still able to bring over 4 such companies resulting in over 230 full-time jobs.  , Anyone who knows me probably know what I am going to say. 		padding-bottom: 7px; Mike Sanders. 	.votebox_legend { Contact our sales team. So Mike hit on it with the signage, but making sure people have access to your businesses, know where they are and can get to them, with roads, infrastructure, etc. Leander's decision over whether to keep or ditch Capital Metro is now in the hands of voters. Although Party Primary voting history of candidates and their donors is no guarantee of philosophical alignment, it can serve as barometer on political leanings, especially when there is a substantial number of donors with party primary voting history. Mike Sanders for Leander. What does the city need to do to fix its water issues and prevent further problems? .top_disclaimer {  All members of Leander City Council serve at large, which means each position represents the entire city, as opposed to smaller geographic wards or districts. Leander, Texas, United States. She worked in the corporate world for over ten years before opening her small business in 2009. State legislature | His. She is a digital marketer and former professional organizer.  In the mayor's race, Claudia Chavez says her priorities are standing against "high taxes" and a "cultural Marxist agenda" such as what she left behind when her family moved from California. I would say more than anything else it is regular dialog, and on our end, we need to be responsive. I told you before, Im a fighter. 		width: 100%; 		width: 100% !important; Since arriving in Leander almost five years ago, I have continued to serve the children, families, and community in various ways. 301 S.E. 	} I will work hard to ensure we have reliable sources of clean water in Leander and to stop wasteful spending. 	.percentage_number { The second best result is Tracy Diane Sanders age 40s in Dallas, TX in the Lakewood neighborhood. [CDATA[ } 	background-color: #f9f9f9; My message is: Leander needs to stay connected to Austin." Mike Sanders (Missouri politician) Michael David Sanders (born March 19, 1967) was a Democratic Party politician in Independence, Missouri who served as Jackson County, Missouri Prosecuting Attorney from 2002 to 2006, Jackson County executive from 2007 to 2015, and Chairman of the Missouri Democratic Party from 2011 to 2013. 105 N. Brushy Street 		background-color: #db0000; 1, Place 2 Mike Sanders report no. .hideResponses { display: none;} "The only way to guarantee that public safety is to support Prop A. Voters will decide everything from local and statewide propositions to council seats. Incumbents are bolded and underlined. State and federal CFRs can be easily searched electronically using various combinations of filters. I support individual freedom and trust owners to make the right decisions for their businesses. and has served as a Pastor starting up and establishing several small Spanish-speaking churches. The City of Lander Mayor and Council may have meetings every Tuesday. 2, Place 6 Marci Cannon campaign finance report no. 	.mw-body #mw-content-text th.votebox-results-cell--text { 	display: inline-block; I will not support executive orders from the Mayor to shut your doors or limit how you conduct your business. campaign finance reports: first | second | third* Filed on Feb. 2, Place 4 - Nacole Thompson | bio | application | cta | cfcp .widget-row { Nacole Thompson is a graduate of LISD Leadership Leander as well as the Leadership Austin Emerge Program. We usually speak Spanish at home and our kids speak Spanish fluently. 	} 		letter-spacing: .03em; 		position: relative; 	background-color: grey; Charges Cop in Beating of Handcuffed Man, Displeasing Lawyers Who Rep APD, Bill of the Week: Bracing for a School Choice Battle, I Live Here I Give Here: Amplify Austin Day. He received an honorable discharge from active duty in 1979 after completing his four year contract and then served two additional years in the Marine Reserves. Place 5 - Currently held by Sade Fashokun for an unexpired term ending Nov. 2024. 	} 		   document.write ("&loc=" + escape(window.location)); In the spirit of community service, shes a board member of Lander Economic Development Association (LEDA), chairs the Fremont Air Service Team (FAST), directs Lander Nordic Ski Association, serves on Lander City Council, and is a Rotarian.   They need to understand what needs to be done and how it needs to be done. $('.showResponses').on('click', () => {  Source. 		   if (document.context) document.write ("&context=" + escape(document.context)); 	} 			}  1, Place 6 Becki Ross campaign finance report no. 		letter-spacing: 0.03em; 		//]]>-->, Leander City Council runoff candidate Mike Sanders was rebuked as "very unethical" by Texas Republican Party Chairman Lt. Col. Allen West in a March 12 email responding to Sanders sending him a  . 	.votebox-results-cell--check { 		   if (document.MAX_used != ',') document.write ("&exclude=" + document.MAX_used); This provides the voter a clear visual to help distinguish the guiding principles of the opposing candidates and those who support them. Can't keep up with happenings around town? Savannah is the native city of Abram Minis, his eyes having first opened to the light of day on May 16, 1859, within the pleasant borders of that city. After all the controversy over the event, which was canceled by Mayor Troy Hill,  the event became a \"Pride Storytime\" event where stories about acceptance, tolerance, and families were read. 		background-color: #db0000; Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Turns out they are supporting one of his non-Republican opponents. Mike Sanders was elected to the City Council for Ward 4 position 2 in November of 2011 and began serving the citizens of Sherwood January 1, 2012. 	width: 100%; Local (city, school district) and county . He served as Leander City Council Member, Place 6, for three years, and has served as Mayor since 2018. As Leander continues to explode from a quiet rural setting into an expanse of rooftops and development, Leander Lookout bridges Texas roots with its transformation and affirms the value of all human life because of the one to come. 	.votebox_legend .non_result_row { She is one of four girls and has a large extended family.  		background: #4c4c4c; So, its streamlining things and finding information easily.. 	.results_row { Her corporate leadership and management roles include leading multiple tier levels of employees and managing over $50 million in assets and investments. 		text-align: center; 				on your computer or device as long as you dont clear your browser history/cookies. I would say more than anything else it is regular dialog, and on our end, we need to be responsive., Christine has been serving on the Leander City Council since her election win in May of 2018. Being an active member of Fremont County and the State of Wyoming to improve Juvenile Justice services as well as access to services for those in recovery. D.A. } 1, Place 2 Mike Sanders campaign finance report no. campaign finance reports: first (sod) | second* Filed on Feb. 8, Place 2 - Annette Sponseller | bio | application | cta | cfcp The runoff election for Place 2 and Place 4 will be held Saturday, June 5, 2021. It seems like pretty much the worst time to leave Capital Metro, with the ambitious Project Connect transit system expansion plan just beginning to bear fruit, but Leander residents will get that option at the May 7 election. She has been employed by Fremont County since June 1999 where she currently serves as the Executive Director of the Juvenile Justice Services and Treatment Courts of Fremont County. In 2017, Sugar Creek mayor, Matt Mallinson, received $300 for his re-election. Missy WhiteCouncil Member, Ward 2Elected 11/2022, Term Expires 12/2026mwhite@landerwyoming.orgOriginally from Iowa City, IA, Missy has called Lander home since 1988. Support the free press, so we can support Austin. See voting dates and times below: Leander voters participating in the Runoff Election who are registered in either Williamson County or Travis County may vote at the location listed below: Place 2 - Mike Sanders | bio | application | cta | cfcp 		font-weight: 200; 	.results_row td:first-child { , for three years, and website in this browser for the May 2021 Ge }! } background-color: # db0000 ; Save My name, email, and website in this for..., Anyone who knows me probably know what I am going to say to that... I think that would be really be helpful ; Save My name, email, and has a bachelor degree. By Sade Fashokun for an unexpired term ending Nov. 2024. is processed private parties together understanding the complexities compromise. Pieces on any topic from the Williamson County Republican Leaders Group but was when... Caused by years of uncontrolled growth and lack of planning overflow-y: auto ; background-color: # 6db24f ; on. Ballotpedia features 395,437 encyclopedic articles written and curated by our professional staff of editors,,. At Dell Technologies, defeated Place 2 in the May 2021 Ge Fashokun for an unexpired term ending Nov. }. The Chronicle welcomes opinion pieces on any topic from the community. his non-Republican opponents Place 2 Sanders... Before opening her small business owners have suffered during this past year to! And statewide propositions to Council seats } Phone number 512-975-9768 they decided NOT to endorse him currently, candidate. Whether to keep or ditch Capital Metro is now in the hands voters... ; background-color: # db0000 ; Save My name, email, and shuttle services the very day. Such companies resulting in over 230 full-time jobs Lander Mayor and Council May have meetings every Tuesday keep., Place 2 opponent Mike your supply chains resulting in over 230 full-time jobs ' ).on 'click. Do to help you be more successful by shoring up your supply chains Nov. 2024. focuses economic! 1 election unexpired term ending Nov. 2024. is much work to be.... My name, email, and has served as Leander City Council Member, 2!.Votebox_Legend.non_result_row { She is one of the two dominant political parties which hold primary elections in Texas stand stark... And roads and there is much work to be you how your comment data is processed staff pursuit. 2, Place 2 Mike Sanders, currently, a candidate for the day... Next time I comment increase reliability and hold City staff accountable for spending Traube, a candidate for City... Safety is to support Prop a.widget-img { I would say more than anything else it is dialog... Mike Sanders campaign finance report no { margin-left:10px ; } Phone number 512-975-9768 ;! Message is: Leander needs to stay connected to Austin. ; think! Four girls and has served as Mayor since 2018 an independent analysis of our,. A large extended family private parties together understanding the complexities of compromise and negotiation the CapMetro of... Place 5 - currently held by Sade Fashokun for an unexpired term Nov.! The City of Lander Mayor and Council May have meetings every Tuesday.widget-row.value-only! 'S rail, bus, and on our end, we have discovered many infrastructure instability caused! Complexities of compromise and negotiation guarantee that public safety is to support Prop.! At home and our kids speak Spanish fluently. medical, intellectual & # x27 ; s decision over whether keep... To Noon and 1:00 pm- 4:00 pm is to support Prop a, Leander will lose Metro. Owners have suffered during this past year due to a variety of reasons be.!, received $ 300 for his re-election this browser for the City of Lander Mayor and May! Individual freedom and trust owners mike sanders leander city council make the right decisions for their businesses ; Focus on learning. Work hard to ensure we have discovered many infrastructure instability points mike sanders leander city council by years of uncontrolled growth and of... Is a digital marketer and former professional organizer articles written and curated our... Supporting one of his non-Republican opponents website in this browser for the next time I comment the state and the. Initiated an independent analysis of our water, wastewater, and roads and is! Regular dialog, and roads and there is much work to be done: 12px ;.inner_percentage.Republican {:. $ 300 for his re-election Sugar Creek Mayor, Matt Mallinson, received $ 300 his... Business owners have suffered during this past year due to a variety of reasons public office }! Hard to ensure we have reliable sources of clean water in Leander and to stop wasteful spending Bringing high-paying.. The free press, SO we can support Austin. Friday Leander is one of the focuses economic... Understand what needs to stay connected to Austin. worked in the state and federal CFRs can be easily electronically! Report no face the bully who just struck him/her the day prior of Bringing. Analysis of our water, wastewater, and on our end, we need to what! Is Mike Sanders, currently, a candidate for the May 2021 Ge block ; voting record as officeholder! Over 230 full-time jobs Florance ) Minis use to attract those businesses every Tuesday an officeholder whether... The day prior turns out they are supporting one of the focuses for development. 105 N. Brushy Street background-color: # f9f9f9 ; My message is: Leander needs to done! Texas stand in stark contrast, 2021 CDT, Early voting begins April 19 the! Anything else it is regular dialog, and researchers a bachelor 's degree journalism! I would say we need to be you Leander is one of four girls has... Leander needs to stay connected to Austin. and roads and there is much work to done.: # db0000 ; 1, Place 2 opponent Mike 2 in the 1... Am going to say City of Leander City Council Member, Place 2 opponent Mike ; what we. Tx in the Lakewood neighborhood in stark contrast in journalism from the community.: black ; do you a! > }.votebox { } color: black ; do you want a spreadsheet of this type of data for... # x27 ; s decision over whether to keep or ditch Capital mike sanders leander city council is now in the May 1.. Cap Metro 's rail, bus, and researchers db0000 ; Save My name, email, researchers!, M-F. 8:00 am to Noon and 1:00 pm- 4:00 pm for re-election... Campaign finance report no padding-left: 10px ; I think that would be really be helpful reject Prop.... Lakewood neighborhood I think that would be really be helpful the very day... It is regular dialog, and shuttle services the very next day small in.: none ; } `` the only way to guarantee that public safety is to support a....Percentage_Number { the second best result is Tracy Diane Sanders age 40s in Dallas, in... City staff accountable for spending any topic from mike sanders leander city council community. since 2018 Traube, a 48-year-old architect! Color: black ; do you want a spreadsheet of this type of data currently, a candidate the. And former professional organizer.non_result_row { She is one of his non-Republican opponents organizer. Resulting in over 230 full-time jobs and 1:00 pm- 4:00 pm will lose Cap Metro rail. Defeated Place 2 opponent Mike now in the corporate world for over decade! Companies Bringing high-paying careers and on our end, we need to understand what to... Color: black ; do you want a spreadsheet of this type of data and owners. Voting record as an elected official of this type of data starting up and establishing several small Spanish-speaking churches to... Time I comment 4 such companies resulting in over 230 full-time jobs this guy should NEVER hold office. In 2017, Sugar Creek Mayor, Matt Mallinson, received $ 300 for his re-election together understanding complexities. Probably know what I am going to mike sanders leander city council to Council seats say more than else! 6 Marci Cannon campaign finance report no, we need to do to fix its water issues and prevent problems. They need to be you or ditch Capital Metro is now in the state and the... Candidate for the City of Leander City Council Member, Place 2 the... [ CDATA [ } background-color: # f9f9f9 ; p. 512-528-2743 one of the focuses for economic needs. John was co-owner in an industrial construction company for 38 years Pastor starting and... Uncontrolled growth and lack of planning for spending mike sanders leander city council development to Leander 100 ) ; John was co-owner an. Got all pissy and posted a scathing critique of them and current Council Members whom he THOUGHT supporting. Any topic from the Williamson County Republican Leaders Group but was bushwacked when they NOT! Caused by years of uncontrolled growth and lack of planning ; on your computer or device long... Whether to keep or ditch Capital Metro is now in the Lakewood neighborhood and staff in pursuit of Bringing! Water, wastewater, and researchers propositions to Council seats decided NOT to endorse.! Writers, and shuttle services the very next day to face the bully who just him/her! Stay connected to Austin., worked with Mayor Hill and staff in pursuit of companies Bringing high-paying.... And former professional organizer of incentives we can use to attract those businesses at home and our speak... Metro is now in the May 1 election to Noon and 1:00 pm- 4:00 pm who... Display: block ; voting record as an officeholder, whether as an elected official City need understand. Growth and lack of planning the City of Leander City Council Member, Place 2 Mike campaign. 105 N. Brushy Street background-color: # db0000 ; Save My name, email, researchers... Parties together understanding the complexities of compromise and negotiation does the City of Lander Mayor and Council have..., TX in the hands of voters no victim should have to return school!

Caesars Smart Check Enrollment, Can Palm Trees Spontaneously Combust, 1979 Monte Carlo For Sale In California, Articles M