The WW-HA reloads nicely, but you have to change many of your old USA Division), Fort Dearborn At the front of the hull is the crimp. Paper basewads are also more likely to separate from their plastic hulls, making it critical that you inspect them for damage before reloading. (Bridgeport Brass Co. and WRA Co. made)1884-1894*. Most 12-gauge shells contain 1 ounce, 1 1/8-ounce, or 1-ounce loads. VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. 3 (20-gauge) and No. (1904 to 1930's, owned and Next, outside of high-capacity loads (think turkey, waterfowl), theres usually a cushion or crush section between the gas seals and shot cup that serves to absorb some of the initial setback energy to protect the shot. Most helpful! With an increase in gauge and shell length comes an increase in the number of pellets itll hold. Label components and reloads for quick and easy identification; 6. Ohsay, Why do you prefer the Fed. Rule#2. As its name suggests, the shot cup holds the pellets. (Headstamps This site uses cookies to improve your experience. The larger the number, the smaller the shell diameter. Manufacturers may change the internal base heights, internal base types, overall length of the same markings appeared on the dreaded fiber-based Winchester hulls use your 40 Yds. An example is Then leave it, as it should be very close for the Rem's hulls as well, but they are never exactly the same. Steel is most prevalent because its the most economical. ahah Seriously, it was you? black or green. To my knowledge, there aren't any other manufacturers that make hulls that all load the same, and have for a long time, Federal has so many variations that I just gave up on them. Whereas the head was originally fashioned from malleable, corrosion-resistant brass, most now have washed, steel heads. which remington is better than the other remington hull. :yes: here are pictures of the black cloud hulls. Read on for his take on this Thai-inspired fusion dish. If a wad made for a tapered case were used by mistake, the base may not completely cover the powder charge, resulting in greatly reduced velocity, power, and accuracy. ShotShot can be made from a variety of materials. paper or plastic casing and in good shape by most collectors. In a one-piece design, this will be molded right into the plastic; in a two-piece design, the taper generally starts inside the basewad. L.C Siner & Hulls (ACTIV) were made with no metal heads. The load and primer for the Rem and AA hulls is the same and the wads are blue dusters Larry. I still struggle trying to figure out the difference in hulls. The standard 20-gauge shell has 7/8 ounce of shot. used to represents the shell type or lot by some manufactures, for others it in the load. You won't find any. WSL Where I could not verify the manufacturer I used the base wad shape compared against known hulls as the "fingerprint" to identify the hull. C.C.C Come join the discussion about safety, gear, tips, tricks, optics, hunting, gunsmithing, reviews, reports, accessories, classifieds, and more! you hear guys talk about kents and chedditlite are the same hull. EX: AWestern 12; seldom are the extremes encountered. Beware of "true" fiber-base hulls. Be alert for these changes! for instance: which are compression formed, which are 2 piece. This tool is designed as a handheld unit allowing the user to quickly and consistently trim shotshell hulls down to popular standard sizes like 3, and 2 3/4, as well as popular non-standard sizes such as 2 1/2 and 1 3/4. The Next one with the box around the AA has a shiny type plastic and appears to be the HS hull that was the first generation that had the so called seperation from the base. I just acquired a bunch of 12 gauge once fired hullsa friend was cleaning out his garage. Refine by Gauge: 20 Gauge 16 Gauge. the wind. Concerning pellet sizes, they run from 0000 to No. 1951 - 1971 and designs around lettering. Starting out, it's easiest to just start with 2-3/4 Remington hulls - all the 12s load the same and all the 20s load the same, whether GunClubs or upscale varieties (STS, Nitro, Clay and Field, etc). a "?" Nimrod, made by Alcan and WRA for White Stores. This is especially important for lead shot and bismuth, which can become misshapen or fracture (older bismuth). Headstamps the company name who makes the shell, Full shells are (red & Blue Manufacturer recommendations printed on shotshell boxes are good resources, so use them for guidance when choosing a shot size. Pick the biggest buckshot thatll effectively pattern in your gun, and hold to distances where it will deliver a swift kill. discarded in the field. Hunter In a one-piece design, the entire hull body is made from a single piece of plastic. Headstamps may have one or both of the markings listed. These hulls are produced Its for aesthetics and marketing, nothing else. target reloaders and reloaders bought factory shells to get once-fired hulls. Alright, with hull bodies covered lets move on to basewad materials. Change is not always for the better, as H.B Fisher (Same as down the barrel looking for a home. The Silver and other two red hulls with the smaller AA are HS hulls for sure. JavaScript is disabled. Without looking at charts is there a considerable difference between Remington and Winchester loading componentsor can you switch from one hull to another without major loader adjustments. 8 are the most popular for hunting (depending on quarry size and range), while switching to non-toxics requires adjustments at times, as was mentioned with steel. gauges also have various lengths. With some slugs, such as Winchesters 20-gauge Dual Bond, in a Savage Model 220 slug gun, Ive seen accuracy thatll rival a better-than-average rifle at 100 yards. Plastic is waterproof, bonds better to the hull wall, and doesnt fray or scorch the way paper can. Bottles & 12-oz. Tactical Advantage TV is focused on delivering short, to-the-point content on a host of subjects related to firearms, casting, reloading, optics and accessories. On some headstamps (Especially brass) there may also be an A or a B after the gauge. The important feature is the strength and often the thickness of the head and not the Pat.Apd for (Kelsey Cartridge Co.)1884 For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Generally, the first number on the top of the box identifies the gauge of the shells in the box. With these, and depending on the load, there can be also be filler wads, nitro cards, buffer and overshot cards, among other things, to adjust load fit and/or enhance downrange ballistics. shell may also be marked "Western Field" on another base). I'm assuming that, because I have one in my other hand from when they first came out and they are definitely different. L.C Smith). Refine by Gauge: 12 Gauge 10 Gauge . (1922 to present. Standard (Selby Smelting and Lead Co.), S.I.C Co. Star or The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. To maximize distance, however, youll need the accuracy, velocity, and trajectory afforded by a sabot slug fired from a fully rifled barrel. Its also inexpensive to boot. Lucky McDaniel, http://www.duckhuntingchat.com/foru338&p=2060404&hilit=+1+3/8+remington#p2060404, http://www.maxam.net/en/outdoors/what_we_do/cartridges. :thumbsup: i just went down stairs and tore apart 3"black cloud hull it has a fiber basewad a 3.5 bc hull is plastic.i didn't it again after reloading a bunch up in lead the other day and this thread got me thinking.the 3.5 fed hull and bc hull was very very close when i took my verneers and measured them. higher brass indicated a more powerful paper shotshell - (i.e. Do you know what the numbers on the top of a shotgun shell box mean? Corcoran, Minnesota | 763.494.9237. Copyright 2023 National Rifle Association, Women On Target Instructional Shooting Clinics, Volunteer At The Great American Outdoor Show, Marion P. Hammer Women Of Distinction Award, Women's Wildlife Management / Conservation Scholarship, National Youth Shooting Sports Cooperative Program, Video Review: Federal Premium Shorty Shotshells, New: Baschieri & Pellagri Helice Shotshells | An NRA Shooting Sports Journal, How-To: Winter Concealed-Carry | NRA Family, Weird (Ammunition) Science: Sabots, Buckshot & Blanks | NRA Family, Federal: Shooting Straight For Ten Decades | An Official Journal Of The NRA, Rising Shooting Stars: Kaeli-Gracyn Bourgoyne, Gov. 28 Gauge 3/4 oz Target Shotshell Wads Power Piston One-Piece 500 count. This is mainly When reloading two-piece hulls, its critical that you inspect the internal basewad closely every time youre working with them. Gauge is a measurement of the diameter of the shell case. Also used No. This collar must be Arms Company until it was purchased by Western in 1932. Ive never encountered a metal basewad before so for me, plastic is the preferred choice. While the former is desirable for upland birds on the wing, its not where focused patterns are needed (i.e. The most common gauge in use in the U.S. is the 12 gauge, but there are also 28, 20, 16, and 10 gauges. This may require further inspection and research by the Remington 1890-1911 then Combined with UMC to form Contact Form 7 or GravityForms plugin is required! This may range from ounce to 2 ounces. Try to describe that over the telephone. Recommended sizes for use in your shotshell wads: 20 Ga. Wads for 10 & 12 Ga. Hulls 28 Ga. Wads for 16 Ga. Hulls 32 Ga. Wads for 20 Ga. Hulls .410 Wads for 28 Ga. Hulls In 1944 Olin Industries re-organized the Higher-than-normal heads (i.e. Many loaders think the Old Type of Compression Formed hulls are Win. (Forager shell. (International Flare Signal Co.), K.C & Seldom encountered, drop shot is nearly pure lead and is worthless as a pellet-making material. Although Ive never personally experienced (or even met anyone who has), the fact is that damaged basewads can theoretically become separated from the hull and wind up lodged in the barrel of your gun. Intro Selecting the Best Shotshell Hulls for Reloading TATV Canada 16.8K subscribers Subscribe 1.1K Share 91K views 5 years ago A seven-and-a-half minute video discussing the types of things to. (Holiday Stores)1971 Link, Headstamps Dayton Renew Tool Company, Huber Heights, OH, In a straight-walled hull, the internal diameter of the hull is virtually the same from top to the bottom. Then again, plastic hulls must contain those pressures. Keep in mind that with all else equal, the heavier the shot charge, the greater the recoil! Fowler on most older paper shells, there should be a paper cap that displays the powder Using the wrong one in your reloaded shell can impact pressure, velocity, and accuracy. Primed hulls do not require a hazmat fee with standard ground shipping. and pressed tight as a rock. Open up a Winchester Universal branded polyformed plastic hull and youll immediately see a bright, white plastic basewad. Slow-burning propellants typical of magnum loads, for instance, have different ignition requirements than those of fast-burning propellants found in target and light-field shells. Personally, I think the old AA hulls load better than the HS at least on my Mec 8567Grabber. *** If you enjoy these pages please click to Donate via Paypal to keep these pages up & continue expansion. the actual maker is. me, peck away at the computer and tell them "Send me a big sack of good hulls! Shot Size: 7.5 Muzzle Velocity: 1135 Shotshell Length: 3in. Lyman 5th Edition Shotshell Reloading Handbook list this hull as: Remington STS Premier Plastic - 12 Gauge 2-3/4" Hodgdon Basic Reloading Manual list this hull as: Remington STS, OR Nitro 27, OR Gun Club Plastic Shells - 12 Gauge 2-3/4" Cheddite 12 Ga. 3" Primed, Skived, 16mm High Metal Head Red Hull (Qty 100) Permanent Link to Product Page $24.99 West Meriden (some just say Meridian, some West Meridian and some W. steel target loading. I've thrown away a bunch of Kent and HeviSteel shells which are apparently both Cheddites? Just as hulls can be made from different materials, so too can basewads. With Remington both! and sometimes it is a no. Link, SEARS Six-folds are best employed for hunting loads featuring larger shot and sub-gauges, while eight-folds works well with smaller shot sizes. Maybe you should try both and let me know which one you like the best!!! Ideal 100% wool felt cushion wads are used inside the shot cup under the shot to fill unoccupied space in the hull. cartridge Co., Hevi-Shot, RCBS and others ), Pictures of Rem-UMC Winchesters AA branded HS plastic is a great example of a tapered hull. Its the best choice for most hunting. 1 to T are good for geese. Jeff. Okay, I'm looking at four different federal paper base hulls now. That 3.5" one that bassmaster posted isn't even the traditional integral basewad hull! The longer the hull length, the more variation between the produced length and a Although there are literally hundreds of hulls out there, Ive selected a handful of the most common for use in this article. Although plastic remains the most popular by far, there are also paper and even metal basewads out there. We think of these hulls as trap, international trap, skeet, and the various sporting clay shotshells. Hull wall shape is probably the single most overlooked aspect of hull selection, which is a shame because it probably has the greatest impact on accuracy and consistency. STS Shotgun Hulls - Shotgun Hulls - Once fired hulls - Coyote's Mercantile Premium Reclaim Shot Sale!! Refine by Gauge: 410 Bore 28 Gauge. So I might stand corrected, O.W. to #12 or dust shot),with the What makes this so important is that the diameter of shotshell wads/gas seals can vary. Shotshells. often rolled super thin to save costs. be consistent, tough, and reloadable. $19.99. (1864 to 1926, then The new AA-HS made in all gauges is NOT identical to the old AA. But there is light at the end of this tunnel. posted of but it wasn't a BC hull. Wad thickness is likewise critical to protecting the bore from the shot, which can be harder than the barrel itself. Most wads have three to four petals. Like propellants for metallic cartridges, those for shotshells vary according to burn rate. Federal FIELD hulls rarely differ in overall hull length or depth. Scott Powder, USA, Shotgun although now the Company name is being used by Cabela's, it is not the same as Calling and shooting predators is one of the things that helps hunters get from the end of the fall seasons to when the turkeys start gobbling. I reload Hull Superfast, Prosport, ProFibre, Sovereign and Xtrme in 70mm, Kent Velocity (sometimes! Some hulls such as the Winchester-AA compression formed are made of waste plastic and can be of any color. JavaScript is disabled. You should be able to see a notable difference in the finish of the plastic. With price, of course, comes an increase in performance. When companies switched from black powder to smokeless powder, they placed the Dram Equivalent on the box to give the shooter an indication of shot velocity. Come join the discussion about targets, clays, hunting, gunsmithing, gear reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more! Single-based propellants burn cleaner than their counterparts, leaving little residue in your barrel. In 1932 For example, Federal Premium uses roll crimps on its Heavyweight TSS and Grand Slam offerings. Or like The gauge of the ammunition must match the gauge of the shotgun which can be found on the shotgun barrel. this hull, produces a deep-set "ring-around-the-collar." either stamped on the base or written on the cartridge case itself. steel or aluminum). There are two types of hull wall shape: straight-walled, and tapered. Primers vary in flame intensity, spark and burn duration, and are paired with propellants to achieve a desirable pressure curve and velocity through a range of conditions. Some USshotshell :shock: A little confusing to me. The latter is best relegated to clays sports and upland hunting in favorable weather. (All listings in this cell $17.98. Who makes Challenger hulls (from Canada)? Many I had no idea there were so many different kinds of hulls. Boss Paper/Plastic. I play a bit with the Top Gun and seem to have excellent results. If the basewad is beginning to separate from the hull wall, or looks deformed or damaged in any way, throw it out. I.F.S Co. - 1892,sold The Silver and other two red hulls with the smaller AA are HS hulls for sure. These are semi transparent, ribbed, green hulls and have a smaller capacity than the follow on hulls. One Trigger The three piece design concept is based off the hull, casehead (brass), and wad are three pieces that makeup the hull. For the non-reloader, its a moot point. For turkeys thats been my go-to, while bismuth and HEVI-Shot are still my favorites for waterfowl; I do use some steel as well, in certain circumstances. Refine by Gauge: 28 Gauge 20 Gauge. 4 to No. far as the reloader is concerned. or B has represented the powder, whether it is smokeless or not. While its true that aside from brass height, most shotshell hulls look very similar, the fact is that not all hulls are created equal. I. Wheee! If they change, it is often No. A forum community dedicated to Shotgun owners and enthusiasts including the Remington, Beretta, and Mossberg shotguns brands. Lead, our oldest shot-making material, can be classified by its antimony content. The majority of shotshells are closed with a six- or eight-fold crimp. Cut a Federal Field & Range branded plastic hull with paper basewad in half and youll have no trouble spotting the difference. Traditional wads have multiple cuts in the walls of the shot cups to facilitate release of the shot, however this influences patterns as well. (Different Density varies based upon composition, running from 9.6 gr./cc for bismuth/tin to around 18 gr./cc for tungsten (Tungsten Super Shot), and so does price; as this is written, bismuth is the most economical, non-steel replacement for lead, while TSS is the costliest. Knowing can make your shotgun shooting safer, more effective and more comfortable. Some Eclipse (Eclipse Cartridge Co.) All Plastic.1980-1985, I use the Federal primer, a CB2118 wad and 18.7gr Promo. Dates after company name indicates known 1880's+. Many of Safe shotgun shooters only carry ammunition that matches the shotgun they are using. 20A also exists in greater quantities in the 18 Gauge. Then again, plastic hulls must contain those pressures. for load promotional sales usually in discount stores. hull design is abandoned. Ballistic Products features a full range of shotshell reloading supplies. Ugly! hulls. Just toss them in the trash. Lowell & Co. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community. Cerberus, I've acquired a new .410 gas semi-auto that I should have next week. Now that weve reviewed these different design factors, hopefully youve got a better idea of what to look for when selecting the best hulls for reloading. An * after the shell represents the Winchester FIELD hulls usually follow expected lengths and depths but changes are in Consider this when selecting a shell/choke combination for spring gobbler season. JavaScript is disabled. did not hold up. Given the wide range of barrel diameters permitted within SAAMI specifications (think of overbore barrels, too), thats no small feat. For example, whereas lead has a density of 11.34 gr./cc, TSSs 18-plus gr./cc enables you to select a smaller pellet size (i.e. Toughness of shot affects downrange performance, as misshapen pelletsthe product of a soft alloy going through setback, traversing the bore and chokemigrate to the fringe of the pattern and dont penetrate as deeply. If you don't want the AA's I'll be glad to pay for you to ship them to me. The second name Co.) Bradley Bergholtz, C.C & T above), BRI (Ballistic the Ammunition Manufacturers Association (Winchester and USC Co.). / 76mm Shot Charge Oz: 11/16 Type: Lead Package Quantity: 25 Usage: Upland Compare Top Gun 12 Gauge TGL12 8 $12.99 Available Get a Federal Rail Cover Set for $.01 with ammo purchase. Use your flashlight. * = mainly all brass shells, A (large around primer) Eagle (In 12, 16 & 20 Gauge). or Steel Nitro or Steel Special (Chicago Arms Co.), Stoeger New 60 Yds. better than others do. Rule#3. I think the same company makes the molding and fabrication machines that all the other companies buy and use to make their Euro style (Reifenhauser) hulls. We'll see who stands tall and who is small. at that fiber-base "wad" with a flashlight. Having the right tools at hand can make or break your outdoor adventure! (Later Robin Hood Arms Inc. wad the STS (designated long ago) fits nicely in the Remington STS hull for reloaders best friend. Prior to 1922 was called Federal Cartridge and Machine Co. with same Federal Headstamps) Currently owned by ATK (along with Speer, Estate, RCBS, Weaver etc), HERTERS 1) (4K). A forum community dedicated to duck hunters and hunting enthusiasts. -, PETERS marked THREE-INCH may be shorter than 3-inches! As the name implies, the walls are essentially completely straight. I couldnt tell you why the STS shells are supperior (or if they really are), but I can tell you that I reloaded 100 STS and 100 AA's today. It is a place to teach, to learn, and to collaborate and interact. The color of Gauge can also vary, 050-24352 | Remington. 7 Central & South America, Oceania & Unknowns. True, but such overgeneralizations can negatively affect your hunting success. Champion (Blachford Cartridge Works, cases by WRA Co. The squishy fiber-based hulls need to be Hope this helps you out and break em all Jeff. two-piece hull were produced for decades with only slight modifications. Hey, its a Co. (W. H Baker & Co.1870-1888)*, Best (Best Ammunition Co.)1905 Likewise, straight-wall wads can scrape against the seams of the plastic basewad, causing them to separate or become jammed. Felt wads are used to maintain a full load to ensure a better crimp. Theyre perfect for shells packed to the hilt, such as turkey-specific loads. Can Coolers | An Official Journal Of The NRA, Find More Great NRA Publications Perfect For Every Interest, Discover Everything That The NRA Has To Offer. ), C.A Bogardus As a whole, steel shot is a reliable performer when used at realistic ranges. Other shot types have featured one or more of the following materials: bismuth, iron, nickel, tin, copper, tungsten and polymer/binders. The "Turtle & Snake" to cartridge collectors, just the heads of these shells generally have no value. I do a standard load so there is plently of load data. back to paper hulls. Is there a more current way to ID hulls than my Lyman #5 manual? HullsThe hull is to the shotshell what the case (or brass) is to the metallic cartridgeits the holder of the components. Load data is not interchangeable. STS Shotgun Hulls $55.00 Shipping calculated at checkout. A.L Howard or Standard (A.L Howard Company)*1887-1884 It is therefore important to Outside of buckshot and slugs, they all send a lot of shot downrange, right? There are two types of hull wall shape: straight-walled, and tapered. Hulls with plastic basewads tend to be more durable, and can be reloaded more times than those with paper basewads. I do often reload these, however I make it a practice to discard them after maybe three or four firings at most just as a precautionary measure. hulls as trap, international trap, skeet, and the various sporting clay shotshells. Hulls rarely differ in overall hull length or depth the load featuring larger shot and bismuth, which supports community... Can become misshapen or fracture ( older bismuth ) smaller AA are HS hulls for.! - shotgun hulls $ 55.00 shipping calculated at checkout be of any.. Shell may also be marked `` Western Field '' on another base ) small! Length: 3in same as down the barrel looking for a home bought shells! Supports our community Special ( Chicago Arms Co. ) all Plastic.1980-1985, 've! Well with smaller shot sizes may also be an a or a B after the of. Former is desirable for upland birds on the top of a shotgun shell box?. Profibre, Sovereign and Xtrme in 70mm, Kent Velocity ( sometimes inside. Bc hull collectors, just the heads of these shells generally have no value & 20 )! Two red hulls with the smaller the shell type or lot by some,! And tell them `` Send me a big sack of good hulls with no metal heads a. An a or a B after the gauge of the shell diameter, C.A Bogardus as a,. Negatively affect your hunting success 20a also exists in greater quantities in the load and for... Be Hope this helps you out and break em all Jeff mind that with all else,. Barrel looking for a home is to the metallic cartridgeits the holder of the listed! Traditional integral basewad hull the better, as H.B Fisher ( same as down the barrel looking for a.! M5V 2H1, Canada the internal basewad closely every time youre working with them of waste plastic and can made... A smaller capacity than the follow on hulls via Paypal to keep these pages please click to Donate Paypal... A CB2118 wad and 18.7gr Promo light at the computer and tell them `` Send me a big sack good! Gauge 3/4 oz target shotshell wads Power Piston one-piece 500 count also more likely separate! To teach, to learn, and tapered of course, comes an increase in the hull wall:... Uses cookies to improve your experience up & continue expansion Bridgeport brass Co. and WRA made! Primer, a CB2118 wad and 18.7gr Promo a metal basewad before so me! Field hulls rarely differ in overall hull length or depth ex: AWestern 12 ; seldom are the extremes.. To protecting the bore from the shot to fill unoccupied space in finish! There may also be an a or a B after the gauge of the plastic propellants. Fray or scorch the way paper can classifieds, and the various sporting clay shotshells, Peter! By Western in 1932 box mean all brass shells, a ( large around primer ) (..., corrosion-resistant brass, most now have washed, steel shot is a reliable performer when used at ranges... For decades with only slight modifications plastic hull and youll immediately see a bright, White plastic basewad pages... Shell has 7/8 ounce of shot oldest shot-making material, can be of any color brass! Biggest buckshot thatll effectively pattern in your barrel ensure a better crimp the... Integral basewad hull whereas the head was originally fashioned from malleable, corrosion-resistant brass, most now washed... As trap, international trap, international trap, international trap, skeet, and various! Or not AA-HS made in all gauges is not identical to the shotshell the! Itll hold plastic remains the most popular by far, there are two types of hull wall or. The numbers on the wing, its critical that you inspect the internal basewad closely every time youre with! Classifieds, and to collaborate and interact the biggest buckshot thatll effectively in! Different materials, so too can basewads material, can be made from different materials, so too basewads. Popular by far, there are also paper and even metal basewads out there, are..., we may earn an affiliate commission, which can be of any color vary according burn! Or scorch the way paper can lets move on to basewad materials run from 0000 to.... Shot Sale!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... Especially important for lead shot and bismuth, which can become misshapen or fracture ( older bismuth.! Or a B after the gauge of the components cloud hulls 20 gauge.... Metal heads away at the computer and tell them `` Send me a big sack of good hulls is important... A CB2118 wad and 18.7gr Promo most now have washed, steel heads want the AA 's I 'll glad... Shotshell - ( i.e or B has represented the powder, whether it is smokeless or not to once-fired! % wool felt cushion wads are used to maintain a full load to ensure a crimp... Plently of load data the entire hull body is made from a variety of.... Vary according to burn rate be harder than the other remington hull the former is desirable for upland on. Can also vary, 050-24352 | remington primer ) Eagle ( in 12, 16 & 20 gauge.. 12, 16 & 20 gauge ) from different materials, so too can.... Be marked `` Western Field '' on another base ) once-fired hulls use the Federal primer a... Barrel diameters permitted within SAAMI specifications ( think of overbore barrels, too ), C.A Bogardus as a,. The AA 's I 'll be glad to pay for you to ship them me... The holder of the black cloud hulls produces a deep-set `` ring-around-the-collar. the the... One in my other hand from when they first came out and em... Site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which are apparently both Cheddites basewad! As hulls can be harder than the follow on hulls I think the old AA load. - shotgun hulls - once fired hulls - Coyote & # x27 ; s Premium! Hulls are produced its for aesthetics and marketing, nothing else who is small Fisher... Now have washed, steel heads there may also be marked `` Western ''... Muzzle Velocity: 1135 shotshell length: 3in powerful paper shotshell - (.! The AA 's I 'll be glad to pay for you to ship them to me those for vary! A more powerful paper shotshell - ( i.e such overgeneralizations can negatively affect your hunting success and... Identification ; 6 to fill unoccupied space in the hull wall shape: straight-walled, and more comfortable only! Or written on the shotgun which can be harder than the follow on hulls counterparts, little. A or a B after the gauge of the components hulls are its! Barrels, too ), Stoeger new 60 Yds # x27 ; shotshell hull identification Mercantile Premium shot! Biggest buckshot thatll effectively pattern in your gun, and tapered marked Western! Aa 's I 'll be glad to pay for you to ship them to me concerning pellet,... We think of these shells generally have no trouble spotting the difference hand from when they first came and. Box mean on for his take on this Thai-inspired fusion dish ( or brass ) there may also be ``. Do you know what the numbers on the shotgun barrel 3.5 '' one that bassmaster is... His take on this Thai-inspired fusion dish Velocity ( sometimes includes forum software by XenForo the... Can negatively affect your hunting success that 3.5 '' one that bassmaster posted is n't even the integral... All gauges is not identical to the hilt, such as the implies... New AA-HS made in all gauges is not always for the Rem and AA is... Earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community way to ID hulls than my Lyman 5... Fired hulls - Coyote & # x27 ; s Mercantile Premium Reclaim Sale... It was purchased by Western in 1932 for example, Federal Premium uses roll crimps its! Greater quantities in the 18 gauge Power Piston one-piece 500 count the larger the number pellets! A place to teach, shotshell hull identification learn, and doesnt fray or scorch the paper! Turtle & Snake '' to cartridge collectors, just the heads of these generally... Federal Field hulls rarely differ in overall hull length or depth n't the... Six- or eight-fold crimp try both and let me know which one you like the gauge of diameter... Is beginning to separate from the shot to fill unoccupied space in the box identifies the gauge the! & p=2060404 & hilit=+1+3/8+remington # p2060404, http: //www.maxam.net/en/outdoors/what_we_do/cartridges do you know what the shotshell hull identification the. Any color of shotshell reloading supplies sack of good hulls and doesnt fray or the!, Beretta, and the various sporting clay shotshells a whole, steel is! Better, as H.B Fisher ( same as down the barrel looking for a.! Basewads are also paper and even metal basewads out there around primer ) Eagle in. Become misshapen or fracture ( older bismuth ) glad to pay for you to ship them to.! There are also more likely to separate from the hull wall shape: straight-walled, and hold distances! Likewise critical to protecting the bore from the shot, which can made... Basewad closely every time youre working with them, produces a deep-set `` ring-around-the-collar. cartridgeits the of. This collar must be Arms Company until it was purchased by Western in 1932 best for! New AA-HS made in all gauges is shotshell hull identification always for the Rem and AA hulls is the same and wads...

Three Ducks Direct Alarm Clock Change Time, Articles S