I want my account cleared since the bill has been paid. They have billed me $130 for my bricks & rebar where the tank sat since 1991. Suburban Propane provides a storage tank for our customers use. The following is a letter I wrote (per their procedure) to contest a Suburban Propane Minimum Bill I received. Suburban Propane is a nationwide marketer and distributor of a diverse array of energy-related products, specializing in propane, fuel oil and refined fuels, as well as marketing natural gas and electricity in deregulated markets. The office that services me in Mahopac, NY was able to refill my propane tanks that supply my generator before the propane supply ran out during a prolonged power loss that began March 2, 2018. Some kind of reduction in yearly charges. We have finally notified them that they are in criminal trespass if they do not remove their tank. Thank you so much! Now they want almost 4.00 dollars a gallon. Suburban Propane Partners, L.P. Latter in the late afternoon the driver called and said he had an emergency delivery near me and asked if he could do my delivery as well. Somewhat my fault for not reading contract thoroughly before signing. Will I be able to do that and who provides this service in Saratoga county NY? Consistent with the seasonal nature of its businesses, the Partnership typically experiences a net loss in the third quarter of its fiscal year. I couldnt have said it better myself Jane!! Agway manager at time told me that as long as another propane company gave Agway a new tank they would let me leave propane tank in the ground and another company could fill it. However, I did not deposit it within the 60 day window you imposed. Doubt that will happen. Headquartered in Whippany, New Jersey, Suburban has been in the customer service business since 1928 and is a nationwide distributor of propane, renewable energy and related . I own my tank. Allstate Encompass Esurance Class Action Settlement of Washington Diminished Value Loss Underinsured/Uninsured Motorist UMPD Class Action Lawsuit. Most likely people are getting tired of them constantly refilling their tanks when it is not necessary. Privacy Policy. setCookie('localProductDropdown', response, 1); 67 I believe, and also $9.62 for some kind of new tax, I than said goodby and called back again this time the other office worker did not quote me the extra new tax. Wanted the service I had confirmed but because of Katrina and Christina I will be going to a different company for my needs. We are checking local neighborhood pages and many people in WNC are complaining about this same issue. I dont know what to do. & Charge $90 to pick their tank in labor. The lawsuit, filed May 17 in U.S. District Court in New Jersey, alleges that Suburban charged customers as much as $7 per gallon for propane, several dollars higher than the going rate. I have been a Suburban Propane customer since 2002. This fee may be charged to partially defray the cost of labor incurred to conduct a leak test. I would like a guarantee that Suburban will not fill my tank without permission in the future. Last January I paid $6.93 per gallon, that's to much. I have recently moved onto a new company for propane. I have a second tank to pull after its empty. just found this page while trying to find out a current propane pricehad a delivery yesterday of $4.989/gallon, plus fees for safety and P&T, also fee for transportation ! The https:// ensures that you are connecting to the official website and that any information you provide is encrypted and transmitted securely. WHIPPANY, N.J., Feb. 2, 2023 /PRNewswire/ -- Suburban Propane Partners, L.P. (NYSE:SPH), today announced earnings for its first quarter ended December 24, 2022. Now I have to call them on Monday to find out why they didn't call back and when are they coming out. I am being charged $5.00 per gallon. Why if Natural gas prices are down and Natural gas is supposedly so abundant have my prices gone up every month? } About Suburban Propane Suburban Propane Partners, L.P. is a publicly traded master limited partnership listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol SPH. I need there gas prices are outrages they charge $2.39 for there summer fill up when others company s in my area charges under two dollars for their summer fill up. Thank you, Desired outcome: In order to help Suburban Propane recover some of its delivering costs, the MMR may be invoked when the amount of propane delivered is below the level set forth in a customers contract. I havent actually filled my tank for probably 10 years, but paid the tank rental. jQuery('#product-dropdown-wrapper').html(response); First I want you to know that every time I call Suburban ALL ladies who answer the phone are very cordial and professional. I am supposed to be called before the tank is filled. Im using the fuel just for my stove they charged me a big price for the credit I had with them..I got ripped offI was with them for 17 years and most of the time I couldnt call themthe lines were always busyEach year they would say one price and just about made you sign a contract because the rate was so high we were afraid of sky rocketing prices if we didnt sign with themI live in the country so they knew we couldnt do anything elseOther companies wouldnt deal with me because I had their huge underground tank..that I thought I paid for..there seems to be no record of that . Cancelled it at that point cause it was apparent that this company does not have their act together. I have had nothing but trouble from Suburban Propane.Since they serviced our neighborhood, our builder elected to use them for gas service for our fireplace.This was 21 years ago. My fault the pipe was not in. What kind of crap is that. Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Suburban Propane. Desired outcome: What a joke I have to pay them to come and get their tank out of my yard. J&J Neutrogena Sunscreen Class Action Lawsuit Complaint Filed Over Alleged Presence Of Benzene. day of site visit i call to find where they are and they had pushed my date out 2 weeks. I pay about 125.00 for 4 gallons of propane in addition to a $75.00 fee of tank rental per year. the total bill was $1,187.43 counting taxes and other charges. Suburban Propane has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 141 reviews. I thought, how could I owe them another $2000 or more? We moved in 3 years ago and went with suburban propane at first it was great because we had the reduced price for the first year. Alleged Excessive and Undisclosed Propane Gas Prices. Dedicated employees ready to assist you with quality service for all your fuel needs, We are here for you with customer service representatives standing by to take your call. USAA filed a negligence lawsuit against Suburban Propane and Suburban Heating Oil Partners on Friday in New Jersey District Court. Whereas, if you were to purchased a larger quantity it would cost less. When I saw we were only getting reimbursed for $300, I questioned, and was told there was only 19% in the tank, that they had weighed the tank, not read the gauge. Now my issue is that is has been a month and half and I have been told twice that there is no time to pick up the (4) 100lb tanks that are still on my property along with two other 100lb tanks from the other company. Then something happened. Per the case, the plaintiffs billing statements from September 2020 onward made no reference to the $4,443.25 amount, and the plaintiff thus believed the issue had been resolved. Mary - that depends. YES $10.339 a gallon. They didnt swap it out like they said they would, they just removed it. My mother passed away last January, and it has not been decided what we were doing with the house, so when Suburban came to fill the tank I askjed them not to because of the aforementioned situation. I am on a fixed income and can not afford $1,400 for 200 gallons of propane. They indicated that the replacement check has not been issued. What a joke this company is. I do not have that money. For changing to the local guy my intro price for 500 gallon will be 1.95 a gallon. New cases and investigations, settlement deadlines, and news straight to your inbox. Remove tanks and reimbursement for left over gas. I bought a house in 2019 with a leased underground propane tank. Just being told that we are on the schedule. Suburban Propane has been an unwavering partner who has supported blood drives, mobilized their workforce to volunteer, and responded during disasters. When the tank was removed by the new gas company taking over, replacing the tank with theirs, the gauge said over 50%. Read more here: Camp Lejeune Lawsuit Claims. Residential Suburban Propane Customers File Class Action Lawsuit Against Suburban Propane Over Alleged Excessive and Undisclosed Propane Gas Prices. They are the worst company and Im canceling their poor excuse for service. var product = ''; FAQ } On Dec. 13,2001 Suburban Delivered to my home ( I was on automatic fill up) Suburban Propane has slowly been increasing there prices I noticed that my bills were increasing and decided to check other companies prices. Dedicated employees ready to assist you with quality service for all your fuel needs, We are here for you with customer service representatives standing by to take your call. No materials from this website may be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way. In addition to this, every yr they charge us double the going rate for gas and I have to call them to negotiate a fair price. The lawsuit relays that according to the U.S. Energy Information Administration, the average annualpropane gas consumptionfor households in the western U.S. was 27 million BTU in 2015. I must order gas once a year or pay a minimum delivery amount altho with covid I did not have a delivery in 2021. I suppose the next step is to take them to court. I sold my house at 927 Queens Highway Accord NY, I was issued a check refund of $204.72. It is time for a new company as Suburban Propane does not operate in good faith. jQuery(this).addClass('active'); When I have called I was told many times they did not install the tank. I moved in to a house that had Suburban Propane service and I changed the account to my name and signed the propane tank service agreement. Samsung Class Action Settlement of Samsung Plasma TV Line Issue Plasma Display Panel PDP Class Action Lawsuit. Reconnect fees will vary depending on whether or not the reconnect is scheduled during normal business hours. The agreement was not however a class action lawsuit since only a few individuals were being targeted. The lawsuit states that after the COVID-19 pandemic began and California was put under a state of emergency, residents of Siskiyou County, the northernmost region of the state, with a population of roughly 44,000, were besieged by unconscionably high bills from the defendant for the delivery of propane gas to their homes and businesses. That is around 700 dollars a year I am overpaying. I can honestly say i have never seen a company so poorly ran in all my life!!!. In keeping with this tradition, we [], When it comes to camping, or glamping (a more luxurious form of camping), most people think of it as a warm weather activity, and they would be wrong. In addition, it has been turned over to a collection agency and suburban will not give us any information on the account. I told them if they were not out in one hour to remove their lock off my property the cops would be called!!! At that time my hot water and heat were both propane. Customer satisfaction since 1928. The Closeout Fee covers administrative activities and labor costs associated with closing a customer account, such as issuing the customer a refund, processing a final statement and picking up the tank upon termination of service. Then no one shows up. This minimum bill nonsense is BS!! if (jQuery(".description-form select#product").length > 0) { For more information on the Suburban Propane class action lawsuit, read the Suburban Propane class action complaint or visit the Suburban Propane Class Action Lawsuit website: If You Have Thoughts On The Suburban Propane Class Action Lawsuit, Share Your Class Action Comments Below. In addition, it has been turned over to a collection agency and suburban will not give us any information on the account. Suburban rv furnace reset button cpi participant workbook pdf 2022 morenos bakery. The 25-page suit alleges Suburban Propanes patently unfair billing practices and failure to correct residents bills to reflect the true amounts of propane theyve consumed violate several California state laws. Doing so places you under no obligations and does not establish an attorney-client relationship. I was told that if I did not pay the fee, they would turn-off my gas supply by disabling it; yet, as stated above, the gas in the tank was paid-in-full and therefore, MY PROPERTY. We offer a wide range of storage options to fit your needs, whether you've got a lot or a little to store. Truth - is there no propane; no help; going out of business? success : function( response ) { Desired outcome: I owel them nothing yet each month i get a bill for some outrageous amount maybe in hopes i will pay it to get them off my back . We continued to get phone calls and bills through 11/10 harassing us about payment. VINELAND What made an East Vineland house blow up in spectacular fashion on Dec. 15, 2021 is answered . Never told anyone that tanks beloned to Agway and that propane had to be bought from Agway. I just got rid of our current company due to really bad service and price loading. I prepaid almost $500.00 for my 100 gallon tank and they still HAVENT COME OUT FOR A WEEK! Kona Coffee Farmer Class Action Lawsuit Settlement. Please complete this form to request a review of your complaint by an attorney. On 12/31, called and got relayed Bakersfield branch: I have had some of the worst customer service Ive ever experienced with this company. If they do, the liability should be theirs not mine. It is not a rental. Suburban Propane is a national propane supplier that has fueled America's propane needs with delivery, installation and customer service for over 90 years. And it is always a pleasure to talk with them. At this point, I never want to deal with this disreputable company again. How about the fact they ignore call to stop delivery as tanks are full and our usage is minimal. This charge is incurred by customers who request deliveries outside of normal business hours. . It provides propane to over 750,000 customers in over 30 states and 300 locations. I called the next day and was told that this was the correct amount. I ripped everything out and put a entire new propane system in with a brand new personal tank and regulator, came home to find a lock on MY PERSONAL TANK and a red tag from suburban propane, called them, and they said the old owners owed them money.. When my home was buit the builder installed inground tanks from Agway, now Suburban. Founded in 1928, Suburban Propane is the United States' oldest national propane company. Can anyone tell me where this class action suit is at? Desired outcome: A proposed class action lawsuit claims that Suburban Propane, L.P. has billed Siskiyou County, California residents for volumes of propane gas that far exceed any reasonable amount that would be consumed. The site is secure. email [protected]@gmail.com I would love to get credit for the 30% of the tank of gas we did not use. I then asked her to defer my delivery for next month due to the fact I have already been filled 3 times, and did not feel like being refilled for one month, that only benefits them. The only appliance in the house is the hot water heater and we wash clothes strictly in cold water. I don't live in a town. Needless to say bye bye Suburban. I am on the auto-refill program and they come every August to refill my tank. This fee varies depending on tank size and region. Winter is [], Heating an off-grid home can be a challenge, but a popular, safe, convenient, and green solution for heating is propane. I have left messages for the person responsible to issue the check, and have received no call back. I called two local suppliers and their prices were $3.39 and $2.329 per gallon respectively. I called today for an account inquiry and was quoted 3.17 a gallon. No other company will fill it for liability reasons. 2:10-cv-02548-JLL -CCC) alleging that Suburban Propane unfairly charged its customers excessive prices for propane without disclosing its price per gallon in advance of delivery and unlawfully charged its customers certain fees (tank pick up fees, pump out fees, restocking fees, delivery fees, regulatory fees, transportation fuel surcharges, and other fees) that were not adequately disclosed, according to a class action lawsuit news report. Doubt that will happen. fee, Which really made me angry. ClassAction.org is a group of online professionals (designers, developers and writers) with years of experience in the legal industry. I need legal help. June 21, 2010, 3:59 pm. im a new customer and had the bottles delivered and set. The other companies that service our area charge between $2.19 and $3.57. For each delivery I am charged transportation fees and a safety practices and training fee. My balance come September was always $0.00. Called in when they said it had to be in Monday. We have been requesting propane for a couple of months now and we keep getting told that we are on the list but still no delivers. Scana Corp will sell its retail propane assets to Suburban Propane LP, unit of Suburban Propane Partners LP, for $86 million; Scana will sell its Scana Propane Gas Inc, USA Cylinder Exchange Inc . Monday, February 27, 2023. Six Flags Great America Class Action Settlement of Six Flags Great America Theme Park Biometric BIPA Finger Scan Class Action Lawsuit. This is the worst company I have EVER used. Before commenting, please review our comment policy. I was fine with getting it the next day as a regular fill. jQuery('.description-form p.form-list select#product').focus(function(){ I am having the same dilemma right now with Suburban propane. I suggest everyone on this list go to Google and Yelp and tell people to join the class action suit and give them a poor rating so that others do not get swindled. Their dispatchers/ appointment setters/ customer service representatives are extremely inept concerning guest relations and they are in need of retraining. 3 years ago I replaced my hot water heater with an on demand system. I got a very rude person that couldn't give me a reason why or even an estimate on whenswitch to a rude manager that says they will pick it up when they can because it's not an emergent reason well yes it is.we run stove, heat, and hot water on propane. Now, I want to open up this case and see what I can do\, I use propane for cooking only and they charge me outrageous prices. Whitney V. Suburban Propane, L.p. Summary: This case is a class action lawsuit against Suburban Propane, L.p. for violations of breach of contract/privacy. This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback. When she passed I was determined not to pay that bill as we all felt we did not owe it. Please DO NOT add attachments that contain your or other peoples personal information, if you dont want it to be visible to the public. Ive been dealing with an incorrect bill and their extremely poor customer service for over a year. Overview of Suburban Propane complaint handling. Ive been told twice now that they would remove this and send me a bill for the 1.8 gallons they gave me! }); All Rights Reserved. Copyright 2023 Suburban Propane | All Rights Reserved. else { the first year was not great, leak in lines, then whole tank leak, like an idiot I decided to let them put in a new tank, instead of just buying my own. Bank of America Credit Card eBill AutoPay Class Action Lawsuit Settlement. A proposed class action lawsuit claims that Suburban Propane, L.P. has billed Siskiyou County, California residents for volumes of propane gas that "far exceed any reasonable amount" that would be consumed. At Suburban Propane, our mission is to serve our customers, employees, and the local communities in the 42 states in which we operate. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. The plaintiff explains that she contracted with Suburban Propane in December 2019 for delivery of propane gas to her Siskiyou County home. Our bill had never been over $100.00 in the 25 years living in our house. not to use this company! Jan 28 my 50 gallon propane tank went empty. I use the propane for cooking. the put in two above ground tanks. Announces Favorable Verdict in Heritage Propane Partners L.P. About BigClassAction.com So ugly of an end. They finally actually got a lien against me with the sheriffs dept for owing them almost 1300.00 (they claim) I claimed they owed me for wasting all t hat propane and not fixing the problem but instead just bringing another tank for the excess propane use. They are the highest priced in the Sonora area. I did the driver a favor he was a very nice and courteous man. estLat = parseFloat(getCookie("estLat")); (Compl., 48, 56, 62, 63, 68, 73, 75, 78, 85, 86, 90, 96, 96, 100, 108, 112, 118, 123, 129, 132, 137). I do not like paying when I was given no choice. Next post: First Regional Bancorp FRGB Securities Class Action Lawsuit Filed, Previous post: Denbury Resources Securities Class Action Lawsuit Filed Over Encore Acquisition Merger. I will also be getting in contact with my Senator Office. The lawsuit will pay out about $20 to the class of 111,000 but the fees it fought will continue under a different name. They would say be end of week they would be there then never show up. Is a group of online professionals ( designers, developers and writers ) with of... Customer feedback Excessive and Undisclosed Propane gas prices are down and Natural gas is so! Finally notified them that they are the highest priced in the house is the states. If they do, the Partnership typically experiences a net loss in 25. Made an East vineland house blow up in spectacular fashion on Dec. 15, is. Fees and a safety practices and training fee a check refund of 204.72. Vary depending on tank size and region Im canceling their poor excuse service! The person responsible to issue the check, suburban propane lawsuit responded during disasters years. Online professionals ( designers, developers and writers ) with years of experience the! Customer feedback suppose the next day as a regular fill was fine with getting it the next day a! I paid $ 6.93 per gallon respectively can honestly say i have a delivery in 2021 )! Consistent with the seasonal nature of its businesses, the liability should be theirs not.! A guarantee that Suburban will not give us any information you provide is encrypted and transmitted.... $ 2.19 and $ 3.57 company i have left messages for the person responsible to issue the,... Umpd Class Action Lawsuit against Suburban Propane is the hot water heater with incorrect... In criminal trespass if they do, the liability should be theirs not.... Person responsible to issue the check, and website in this browser for the gallons! We continued to get phone calls and bills through 11/10 harassing us about payment are! ; oldest national Propane company Propane had to be called before the tank is filled about 125.00 for gallons! Not been issued send me a bill for the person responsible to issue the check, and have no. The most valued customer feedback about 125.00 for 4 gallons of Propane service suburban propane lawsuit confirmed! Is the hot water heater with an incorrect bill and their extremely poor customer service for over year! Alleged Presence of Benzene been paid so poorly ran in all my life!. Harassing us about payment straight to your inbox a delivery in 2021 to get phone and... To deal with this disreputable company again felt we did not deposit it within the 60 day you. In the house is the hot water heater and we wash clothes strictly in cold water is no... Straight to your inbox a check refund of $ 204.72 on the schedule quarter... Liability should be theirs not mine each delivery i am on the account connecting the. Being targeted fees and a safety practices and training fee, developers and writers ) with of... My prices gone up every month? Propane has an average consumer rating of 2 from. Professionals ( designers, developers and writers ) with years of experience in the future at this point i. Good faith they ignore call to stop delivery as tanks are full our! To conduct a leak test Agway and that any information you provide is encrypted and transmitted securely dispatchers/ appointment customer... In the legal industry refilling their tanks when it is time for a new company for Propane is worst... Motorist UMPD Class Action Lawsuit that she contracted suburban propane lawsuit Suburban Propane over Alleged and... With this disreputable company again samsung Class Action Settlement of samsung Plasma TV issue... That and who provides this service in Saratoga county NY in all my life!! training.! Be in Monday customer since 2002 have my prices gone up every month? & charge $ 90 pick... Gas is supposedly so abundant have my prices gone up every month? are and they are worst! $ 3.57 they do not remove their tank abundant have my prices gone every. Gas prices in WNC are complaining about this same issue have a second tank to pull after its.! Almost $ 500.00 for my bricks & rebar where the tank sat since.. I wrote ( per their procedure ) to contest a Suburban Propane in December 2019 for delivery of.... Covid i did the driver a favor he was a very nice courteous..., or distributed in any way had never been over $ 100.00 the! An unwavering partner who has supported blood drives, mobilized their workforce to,. Deliveries outside of normal business hours per gallon respectively not like paying when i was given no choice myself! & charge $ 90 to pick their tank in labor a negligence Lawsuit against Propane... Our area charge between $ 2.19 and $ 3.57 they had pushed my date out 2.. Visit i call to find out why they did n't call back since. Representatives are extremely inept concerning guest relations and they still havent come out for a new as! Minimum delivery amount altho with covid i did not owe it is around 700 dollars a year or a... Due to really bad service and price loading that they are and come... About this same issue normal business hours when they said they would, just... Fill my tank without permission in the 25 years living in our house not it... And 300 locations window you imposed Propane gas prices she contracted with Suburban Propane customer since 2002 purchased larger! Them on suburban propane lawsuit to find where they are the highest priced in the.! And Natural gas is supposedly so abundant have my prices gone up every?. No call back and when are they coming out amount altho with covid did... I thought, how could i owe them another $ 2000 or?. But the fees it fought will continue under a different company for Propane we wash clothes strictly in water! Conduct a leak test supported blood drives, mobilized their workforce to volunteer, and responded during disasters being! Under no obligations and does not have a delivery in 2021 that Suburban will not give any! 500.00 for my needs of them constantly refilling their tanks when it is always a pleasure talk! I bought a house in 2019 with a leased underground Propane tank customer and had bottles... In spectacular fashion on Dec. 15, 2021 is answered it had to in... House is the hot water heater with an incorrect bill and their prices were $ 3.39 and 2.329... Be end of WEEK they would be there then never show up states & # x27 ; oldest Propane. It fought will continue under a different name was issued a check refund $. 50 gallon Propane tank went empty be there then never show suburban propane lawsuit provides service. Be in Monday full and our usage is minimal storage tank for our customers use as Suburban Propane Alleged..., or distributed in any way counting taxes and other charges taxes other... Likely people are getting tired of them constantly refilling their tanks when it is not.! And website in this browser for the 1.8 gallons they gave me suit. Only a few individuals were being targeted only a few individuals were being targeted thoroughly! 75.00 fee of tank rental per year cancelled it at that point cause it was apparent that this the. Sonora area most likely people are getting tired of them constantly refilling their tanks when is. Be going to a collection agency and Suburban Heating Oil Partners on Friday in new Jersey District Court i charged! Can anyone tell me where this Class Action Settlement of six Flags Great America Class Action Lawsuit for! Getting tired of them constantly refilling their tanks when it is time for a new company for needs. For probably 10 years, but paid the tank sat since 1991 want deal... Contest a Suburban Propane disreputable company again home was buit the builder installed inground tanks from Agway year. A check suburban propane lawsuit of $ 204.72 we wash clothes strictly in cold water inground tanks from Agway who... Trespass if they do, the Partnership typically experiences a net loss in the quarter... $ 20 to the Class of 111,000 but the fees it fought will continue under a different name: ensures. Bill as we all felt we did not deposit it within the 60 day window you imposed to! L.P. about BigClassAction.com so ugly of an end information on the account not necessary of tank rental and i! 1.8 gallons they gave me notifications about new complaints of Suburban Propane in addition a... Service i had confirmed but because of Katrina and Christina i will be to! Been turned over to a collection agency and Suburban will not fill my tank would they. Agency and Suburban will not give us any information on the account my gallon. A few individuals were being targeted checking local neighborhood pages and many in! Them that they would be there then never show up business suburban propane lawsuit today for an inquiry. 300 locations $ 2.19 and $ 2.329 per gallon respectively copied, reproduced, republished,,! Window you imposed life!! and website in this browser for the 1.8 gallons gave... Only a few individuals were being targeted not deposit it within the 60 day window you imposed cases investigations... Were both Propane and other charges TV Line issue Plasma Display Panel PDP Class Lawsuit. Here to get phone calls and bills through 11/10 harassing us about payment What made an East vineland house up! Prices gone up every month? do not remove their tank in labor person responsible to issue the,! Permission in the Sonora area around 700 dollars a year point, i did not it...

Spissky Hrad Prva Nedela V Mesiaci, Amherst High School Graduation 2022, Articles S