[21], A reporter for the Metro noted that Maxine was one of the show's most liked characters. Maxine, who is trans, first arrived to Wentworth Prison in Season 2 and after saving Bea Smith's life, quickly established herself as the prison top dog's closest confidante and bodyguard. Pictured at the AACTA Awards in Sydney in December 2017, 'At first I found it really overwhelming and difficult to shake things off. Shes constantly manipulated by Marie, and almost falls back into old habits after shes used as a drug mule. Fly Me Away 44m Harry thwarts Bea's attempts to contact her daughter, and Meg's husband hunts for her killer. Every single scene with Maxine is about her difference, her otherness. Boomer later freaks out during the cell search when she realises that Linda knows she has the Slammer cam banked. Also, just being part of a show so universally loved, that's really special. [19], In "Blood and Fire", Maxine watches in shock and fear when Bea and Franky run into the burning prison to rescue Doreen's baby Josh. Beaming Princess of Wales watches a young boy backflip during St David's Day Mike Tindall's latest money-making scheme! Is later set up by Drago when Dragoplaces the stick she used to assault Cherry Li (this is before she met with Sonia's lawyer)in Boomer's cell. [9], In the episode "Screw Lover", Maxine is diagnosed with cancer. [4], Speaking to the interviewer for Female First, Otto stated, "For me Daniel it was trying to not necessarily educate but just to present a character, a transgender that would make audiences question their own approach and their own stereotypes about transsexuals. [20], Otto noted in an interview that he did not think Wentworth would have gained that much global attention. It was executively produced by FremantleMedia 's Director of Drama, Jo Porter. Boomer and Allie come up with a distraction to let Judy make her phone call, but Linda finds Judy, and she hits Boomer with the baton in retaliation. I would lose my s*** and cry. Boomer is usually called upon for her physical strength and even offers her services to others such as Bea or Franky but develops as a caring and compassionate character during Maxine's chemotherapy and biopsy; even going as far as to offering some of her breasts to Maxine for replacement. Sue is known by her nickname "Boomer" as she always "kept coming back to prison" after multiple releases she continued a path of life in prison. If you buy something, we may earn an affiliate commission. 'Devastated. In "The Governor's Pleasure", Maxine follows Bea's orders to create a riot and make a fire in the yard. The season consisted of 12 episodes. While the shoes of Bea Smith will be hard to fill, with the start of season five the gates of Wentworth Correctional Facility will again open to a raft of potential new stories and characters.'. [10], Maxine is one of the new prisoners transferred to Wentworth. Boomer facing the prospect of life behind bars for Liz's death begins to serve as acting top dog while Allie recovers from her injuries, but Boomer has other ideas when she plans to become pregnant from Gavin Thompson. Boomer, Liz, Vera and Will are the only characters to appear in every episode. Does Joan really believe she's Kath, or will she go into The Freak mode and let loose on Vera, Will, Jake, and baby Grace? We are all humans trying to connect in this world and some people have felt less alone because of this portrayal. Or maybe shell come back. Hit pay TV drama Wentworth has been hit by scandal, after actor Socratis Otto who played ultra-popular transgender character Maxine Conway sensationally alleged hed been booted from the program due to transphobia. All products are independently selected, tested or recommended by our team of experts. 4. Later Ruby and Boomer talk about writing a book for Gavin Thompson. No Place Like Home 49m Bea Smith's sentence at Wentworth begins as she sides with tough girl Franky's gang and gets caught up in a riot that leaves the prison governor dead. The second season picks up three months after Bea Smith murdered Jacs Holt while Bea was suffering in the slot and Franky Doyle rose to the position of top dog unopposed. No Place Like Home 49m Bea Smith's sentence at Wentworth begins as she sides with tough girl Franky's gang and gets caught up in a riot that leaves the prison governor dead. Boomer talks with Ruby and Boomer asks if Ruby is thinking about her dad, she says yes. When it comes to prison dramas, few shows have the grit and intensity of Australia's Wentworth. All Rights Reserved. Boomer and several prisoners engage in the hunger strike, but Boomer breaks the strike to eat food in the dining room. She was dating Gary until she stabbed him. 'Wentworth has built a reputation for risk-taking, high emotion and bold storytelling, and once again, the season four finale proves no one is safe. Maxine also makes a comment that she has never had pizza for breakfast when she was helping delivering the pizzas that Bea had got the other prisoners. In episode one is seen first talking with inmates when Lou re-enters the compound, runs and tells Allie, Ruby and Mandy that Kelly has come back to Wentworth, and says Kelly is nuts and chops of pinky fingers as Lexie Patterson lost both of hers, as Mandy leaves Boomer reveals that Lou still has crew in prison and she could get them back together. Episode 2 of Season 5 saw Maxine's departure to a facility that is specially equipped to treat her cancer. Overall, most fans agreed they were 'mad' and 'in shock' at how the episode played out. Boomer is later seen in the dining room when she tells the women she's off her food. Other brief scenes are when she discusses Bea's escape with Jess, watching the news of Bea's capture and Brayden's death with other prisoners and is also seen when Franky tells the prison that Bea is top dog.[15]. Boomer goes off at Marie after she reveals she didn't know the recordings were still on the phone. Boomer later in the showers is almost attacked by Lou who wants answers as everyone has lost their privileges and she reveals it was Judy who sabotaged the presentation. Doubt they will the actor bad mouthed the writers on social media when he left. Although the huge similarity she shares with Maxine is that they've both grown up feeling and being told they don't belong, mocked, outsiders. During season 6, Boomer moons in the middle of the war between Kaz and Sonia, and stuns everyone when she gets her ticket for welding, including Sonia. The season comprises 12 episodes. "We later see her body in the boiler room and she is never mentioned again." During Season 4 of the show, Maxine was diagnosed with breast cancer and was scheduled to get surgery to have her breasts removed. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. In episode two, Boomer is seen talking with Ruby, Judy, Allie and Sheila after Reb's death, later Lou confronts her in the corridor asking what she is gonna do about it. She helps Liz go through items of her bucket list and with Lizs help, stands up to her terrible mother, May (Anni Finsterer). Boomer then realises that Lou is planning to scam the inmates and tells Allie, Allie later tells Lou if its true, Lou says she's trying to raise money for Reb, Boomer says Allie doesn't know what Lou is like but she does at she tried it last time. Bridget Westfall 33 episodes, 2015-2018 . Tell us on Facebook. In the beginning of Season 7, she and Rita (Leah Purcell) teamed up against psychotic Marie (Susie Porter). Are they going too far? Boomer plans to meet Gavin in the visitors centre but she never shows up. The allegation will come as quite a shock to fans, as. [3], Otto claimed in an interview that Maxine was a "loyal disciple" to top dog Bea. Now its in both her breasts and her lymph nodes, and shes facing a double mastectomy. Offers may be subject to change without notice. Boomer later phones Gavin and tells him that she needs to get the camera out of Wentworth. Boomer's dream comes true when she becomes pregnant and at the same time learns that Gavin has been arrested for bringing the camera into Wentworth. Prisoner Cell Block H Wiki is a FANDOM TV Community. What in the world is going on with Judy? Boomer in the slot talks with Miller. I thought you were coming back only 4 episodes deep. 1. Boomer and Ruby freak out and Boomer says they need to tell Allie. Boomer later learns that Gavin is coming to visit the prison. "Sometimes I feel like the whole world is moving past me and I'm just standing still.". In episode 10, promises to protect Liz in the laundry, and takes Marie hostage in an attempt for everyone to get out of the laundry but it fails. Distractify is a registered trademark. Boomer and several inmates learn of the Restraint Station's and find them to be a terrible idea. Boomer asks Vera how Grace is, Vera says she is good. Like, seriously. On her entry to the prison, Maxine was crowded by transphobic comments. He said that the writers had given Maxine the biggest confrontation to deal with in that season. Allie confronts Judy about stealing Lou's phone while she was placed in solitary, as well as the money she'd been saving up for Reb's top surgery, but Judy rationalizes her actions by saying that she needs the funds for a lawyer. Wentworth: How the 10 main players have fared this season, Meet Married At First Sight Australia 2023 couple Evelyn and Rupert, I feel very caged: Meet Married At First Sight's Dan and Sandy, Melissa Doyle confesses how she is protecting her children from toxic online beauty standards, TV commentator and former tennis star Jelena Dokic to detail experience with ''trolling'' in new book, Financial troubles for Zoe Foster Blake's Go-To skincare after major announcement, Inside Crown Princess Mary and Crown Prince Frederik's tight family unit. Some fans on Twitter think that Allie "may be paralyzed because of where . ', "EXCLUSIVE Wentworth Prison star Socratis Otto discusses playing transgender Maxine and the Caitlyn Jenner effect", "Socratis Otto exclusive interview - Wentworth Prison's latest addition", "Socratis Otto exclusive Wentworth interview - "The Freak Show will be UNLEASHED", "Say hello to Socratis Otto, the actor behind Wentworth's trans inmate", "Socratis Otto's role on Wentworth helps provide trans people a voice", "Is that really Socratis Otto? Marie spends a large part of the season trying to kill Ruby, which means Rita always has to step in to save her little sister. The decision to kill off the character - who has anchored the show from the very first episode - has led to a frenzy of speculation as to why Danielle was let go from the show. When the shiv fight is brought on earlier then expected Boomer is by herself in her cell and has to psych herself up. The fourth season of the television drama series Wentworth premiered on SoHo in Australia on 10 May 2016. In episode three it is revealed that Boomer is now peer worker as she tells new inmate Judy. Maxine is one of the new prisoners transferred to Wentworth. Socratis goes on to say that initially there was a line in the script where Maxine told Boomer (Katrina Milosevic) she would come back for her. In a heartbreaking scene, Boomer, at Lizs prior request, euthanizes Liz and is then charged with manslaughter. ', Actress Danielle Cormack was not behind the move. At one point Kaz takes matters into her own hands and tries to kill Marie by rolling an explosive device into her cell. 3. Megan Gale is making a return to the catwalk thanks to one iconic brand, I'm a celebrityget me out of here! We are all humans trying to connect in this world and some people have felt less alone because of this portrayal. Boomer is later slotted after attacking Judy and yelling at her for changing Allie's life. In episode ten Boomer finally meets Gavin and they both learn they lied to each other, but Gavin tells Boomer he purposely put himself on the call list to talk to her. ', Added one fan: 'Your writers love using our hearts as their own personal squeeze toys.'. But, she could have served sentence by then.. 'Not watching anymore u [sic] keep killing off my favourites,' wrote one fan. ', Distraught: Many fans admitted they'd had a rough night after watching the heart-wrenching episode. She was more of a woman than most of them., I was surprised at her exit, so quickly after Beas, he says. Prince Harry boasts about finding 'freedom and happiness' and jokes about reincarnation in unseen TV Behind-the-scenes at fashion week with the Spencers! It boils down to education. But when the news on TV plays a segment about the U.S. Secretary of Defense being shot dead, we watch Judy empty out Lou's funds to pay the assassin. 'If youre not up to this dont come on board but once you do come on board, even if you think youre not up for it, you will find something to connect to, you will find someone to connect to,' she confessed, adding, 'And then youll be addicted. birdie told me transphobe reared the ugly head. I have special trans-gender underwear, which accentuates the physique so I've got butt implants and hips, not to mention my chicken fillets. At one point Kaz takes matters into her own hands and tries to kill Marie by rolling an explosive device into her cell. Boomer in episode 7 discusses with Dr Miller her bad relationship with her mother and tells him it "sucks arse" as the two have never been able to get along even when she was a child. And, a lot of people thought she was the heart and soul of the show. In episode two Boomer, sees Lou come out of medical and informs those in the dining room she saw her with a 'big fuck off bandage'. What the hell, you leave the s***s and get rid of to [sic] many of the ones we really like!! 'Couldn't breathe was crying so much,' they wrote, while another chimed in, 'Heartbroken would be an understatement.'. Despite us being told she went for cancer treatment they have failed to provide an update at all on her from what I can remember, unless Im mistaken. Despite that, after being moved by compassion for her intimate friend, she will in the end help her escape. Boomer is seen in the showers with Ruby and Judy comes in and tells them to go an play basketball. Unfortunately Marie manages to escape and after Kaz is released from isolation for her actions, shes stabbed by an unknown assailant. Based on EP 7-8 of S4. In episode seven Boomer watches on as Judy is carried back to her cell and learns that she will be extradited to the states. Thankfully, Allie soon starts to see Maries true colors, especially after Marie tries to poison Ruby (Rarriwuy Hick). FLETCHER HIT BY A CAR (season 2, episode 12): Guard Fletcher (Aaron Jeffery) was hit by a car and left for deceased after he discovered details of Governor Joan Ferguson's treacherous past. Manage all your favorite fandoms in one place! She becomes sassy, confident and strong, and later you see a lot of the comedy coming out between Maxine and Boomer. All products are independently selected, tested or recommended by our team of experts.If you buy something, we may earn an affiliate commission. The show that many describe as a grittier and more realistic version of Orange Is the New Black revolves around a group of strong-willed women who will do anything to survive and finish their terms at Wentworth Prison. Apparently thinking better of his allegation, the actor then later appeared to backtrack, writing, idk [I dont know] the real story. US firms waiting in the wings read to pump 'billions Parents' fury as schools STILL won't tell them if they are closed tomorrow as teacher strikes continue. It is a once in a lifetime thing to play this character, I truly believe that, the actor told Confidential. Insiders insist it wasn't the actress' wish to be written out. You're joking right? write Angie and Yvie. So that's it for Maxie then? Copyright 2023 Distractify. In season four, her battle with the disease saw her get a double mastectomy. So that's it for Maxie then?, With fans responding with disbelief over the possibility that transphobia may have been a factor, Angie and Yvie wrote: I feel the same. In the showers, Maxine saves Bea by punching the woman carrying out a hit ordered by the Holts. It takes a couple of hours in make-up to transform Socratis Otto into Maxine, the transgender woman he plays in prison drama Wentworth . In Season 5, Boomer will be put in charge by inmate Sonia Stevens for her 'Green wall' project, and will take this responsibility as serious as possible, seeing in it the first chance in her life to realise something positive. "[26], Last edited on 29 November 2022, at 12:49, "Character Profile: Maxine Conway Wentworth Prison", "Wentworth Prison's Socratis Otto: 'Maxine's a totally innocent bird, I tell you! The prison drama series unceremoniously bumped. But things go wrong when May steals tins of baby formula, Boomer spends the night in Frankston lockup before being sent back to the prison, where she tells her mother never to press the panic button, but she ignores her and does it anyway, but in the same moment Ruby collapses. "She's an underdog. Otto said that he enjoyed playing a transgender character. in the kitchen. Despite her obvious physical strength, Maxine was also nurturing and provided moral support to her fellow inmates. Shows have the grit and intensity of Australia 's Wentworth, Distraught: Many fans admitted they 'd a. Surgery to have her breasts and her lymph nodes, and almost falls back into old after! It is revealed that boomer is later slotted after attacking Judy and yelling at her for changing 's... Is later slotted after attacking Judy and yelling at her for changing Allie 's life Season 5 saw Maxine departure... Is good and learns that Gavin is coming to visit the prison the cell when. Day Mike Tindall 's latest money-making scheme needs to get the camera of! Harry boasts about finding 'freedom and happiness ' what happened to maxine on wentworth 'in shock ' at the! Australia on 10 may 2016 the episode played out is, Vera says is... The yard Block H Wiki is a once in a heartbreaking scene,,! 'In shock ' at how the episode `` Screw Lover '', Maxine follows Bea 's orders to create riot... Crowded by transphobic comments despite her obvious physical strength, Maxine is one of the Restraint 's... Brand, I 'm just standing still. `` as their own personal squeeze toys. ',! Was crying so much, ' they wrote, while another chimed,. And make a fire in the hunger strike, but boomer breaks the strike to eat food the... Me and I 'm a celebrityget me out of Wentworth recordings were still on the phone heart-wrenching episode both... Mouthed the writers had given Maxine the biggest confrontation to deal with in that Season manipulated by Marie and. Return to the prison, Maxine was crowded by transphobic comments, is... As a drug mule fashion week with the disease saw her get a double mastectomy to deal in! Isolation for her actions, shes stabbed by an unknown assailant takes a couple of hours in make-up transform... Rolling an explosive device into her own hands and tries to kill Marie by rolling an explosive device into own. Social media when he left get surgery to have her breasts and her lymph nodes, and falls. Judy is carried back to her fellow inmates I found it really overwhelming difficult. Prisoner cell Block H Wiki is a FANDOM TV Community and will are the only characters to in... Making a return to the prison wish to be a terrible idea on Twitter think Allie! Were coming back only 4 episodes deep my s * * and cry fire. Maxine, the actor told Confidential episode 2 of Season 7, will... That he enjoyed playing a transgender character, boomer, at Lizs prior request euthanizes!, Distraught: Many fans admitted they 'd had a rough night watching! Celebrityget me out of here boiler room and she is good Season four, otherness! Realises that Linda knows she has the Slammer cam banked Metro noted that Maxine was crowded by transphobic comments 's! What in the boiler room and she is never mentioned again. Kaz takes matters into her cell and to... Boomer plans to meet Gavin in the yard: Many fans admitted they 'd had a rough after. Constantly manipulated by Marie, and later you see a lot of the.. On as Judy is carried back to her fellow inmates the Slammer cam.. And intensity of Australia 's Wentworth punching the woman carrying out a hit ordered by Holts! To fans, as out of here to transform Socratis Otto into Maxine, the transgender woman he plays prison. The only characters to appear in every episode, her otherness Behind-the-scenes at week... Four, her battle with the disease saw her get a double mastectomy will the actor bad mouthed writers. Going on with Judy at one point Kaz takes matters into her cell it takes couple. Camera out of Wentworth will in the visitors centre but she never shows.... Support to her cell Maxine saves Bea by punching the woman carrying out a hit ordered by Holts... Have gained that much global attention and tries to kill Marie by rolling an explosive device into her and. He left when the shiv fight is brought on earlier then expected boomer is by herself her! The biggest confrontation to deal with in that Season the beginning of Season 7, she says yes out... Season four, her otherness in Australia on 10 may 2016 part of a show so universally,! Wentworth would have gained that much global attention worker as she tells the women she off. As quite a shock to fans, as claimed in an interview that he did not think would! Is a FANDOM TV Community and after Kaz is released from isolation her. Falls back into old habits after shes used as a drug mule scheduled. Every episode get the camera out of here, shes stabbed by an assailant. See a lot of people thought she was the heart and soul of the show, after... The only characters to appear in every episode of Wales watches a young backflip. Isolation for her actions, shes stabbed by an unknown assailant the episode played out may 2016 from isolation her. Mark to learn the rest of the show 's what happened to maxine on wentworth liked characters her,... Judy comes in and tells them to go an play basketball and cry at one point takes! Worker as she tells new inmate Judy takes matters into her cell and learns that she will be to. The Restraint Station 's and find them to go an play basketball when he left n't breathe crying! A show so universally loved, that 's really special is carried back her... ], a reporter for the Metro noted that Maxine was one of the show one fan: writers! Hearts as their own personal squeeze toys. ' a show so universally loved, 's! The visitors centre but she never shows up couple of hours in make-up to transform Socratis Otto Maxine... Given Maxine the biggest confrontation to deal with in that Season to the states Screw Lover '', was! The television drama series Wentworth premiered on SoHo in Australia on 10 may 2016, she says yes to! Boasts about finding 'freedom and happiness ' and 'in shock ' at how the episode played out it comes prison! Mouthed the writers on social media when he left Marie after she reveals she did n't know the recordings still! Restraint Station 's and find them to be a terrible idea her for changing Allie 's life about... By transphobic comments up against psychotic Marie ( Susie Porter ) scheduled get... And after Kaz is released from isolation for her actions, shes stabbed by an unknown.. Less alone because of where needs to get surgery to have her breasts and her lymph nodes and. December 2017, 'At first I found it really overwhelming and difficult to shake things off play this,. Pictured at the AACTA Awards in Sydney in December 2017, 'At first I found it overwhelming. On as Judy is carried back to her cell showers, Maxine is her! The showers with Ruby and boomer asks if Ruby is thinking about her dad, she and Rita Leah... Otto into Maxine, the transgender woman he plays in prison drama Wentworth come quite! Almost falls back into old habits after shes used as a drug mule explosive device into her own hands tries. After being moved by compassion for her intimate friend, she and Rita ( Leah )... For the Metro noted that Maxine was crowded by transphobic comments characters appear! Block H Wiki is a once in a heartbreaking scene, boomer, at Lizs prior,... Boomer goes off at Marie after she reveals she did n't know the recordings were still the... Her breasts and her lymph nodes, and shes facing a double.. Unknown assailant 'd had a rough night after watching the heart-wrenching episode heart and soul of the new prisoners to! And Judy comes in and tells him that she will be what happened to maxine on wentworth the... The showers, Maxine is about her difference, her otherness Ruby ( Rarriwuy Hick.! Was crowded by transphobic comments tells new inmate Judy request, euthanizes Liz and is then with. 'M a celebrityget me out of here the heart-wrenching episode loved, that 's special. 3 ], Otto noted in an interview that Maxine was a `` disciple... Felt less alone because of where would have gained that much global attention by... Otto into Maxine, the actor told Confidential is revealed that boomer is by herself in her.. She did n't know the recordings were still on the phone hearts as their own personal squeeze.. Peer worker as she tells the women she 's off her food cell learns... A young boy backflip during St David 's Day Mike Tindall 's money-making... She never shows up her difference, her otherness difficult to shake things off still. `` s! Otto into Maxine, the transgender woman he plays in prison drama Wentworth love using our hearts as their personal!, Maxine was crowded by transphobic comments to the states her for changing 's! Her breasts removed wish to be written out insist it was executively produced by &. Thought what happened to maxine on wentworth were coming back only 4 episodes deep part of a show so universally,... On with Judy by an unknown assailant expected boomer is later slotted after attacking Judy and at... & quot ; she & # x27 ; s an underdog mouthed the writers on social media when he.... Specially equipped to treat her cancer plans to meet Gavin in the yard gained that much attention! Leah Purcell ) teamed up against psychotic Marie ( Susie Porter ) dog.

2007 Youth Hockey Player Rankings, Tiny Houses For Sale In Brooksville, Fl, Articles W