Inawashiro Station to Urabandai Area
There is a bus system that runs in Inawashiro / Urabandai area, connecting sightseeing spots with Inawashiro Station.
However, the idea of taking public transport to get to sightseeing spots can be daunting. Especially since there aren’t any English-language bus timetables!
For this reason, I have translate the 2018 bus timetable, complete with the main bus stops you’ll need to reach some main sightseeing spots and hotels.
- Weekday Bus Timetable – Inawashiro Station <–> Kyukamura
- Weekend / National Holiday / Summer Timetable – Inawashiro Station <–> Kyukamura
Getting to Inawashiro Station from Tokyo
- By train: Travel to Koriyama Station via the JR Tohoku Shinkansen. Then take the Ban’etsu West Line from Koriyama Station. Takes nearly 3 hours. Costs around 9000 yen per person.
- By bus: Take a highway bus (Aizu Bus) from Shinjuku Station to Inawashiro Station. Takes 4.5 hours, costs 4500 yen per person.
Sightseeing Spots in Inawashiro / Urabandai Area
How to Reach Inawashiro Station
- Take the Ban’etsu West Line train from either Aizu-Wakamatsu Station or Koriyama Station.