Getting to Iizaka Onsen from Fukushima Station via public transport can seem a little confusing the first time. This is because the train line that goes to Iizaka Onsen (the Fukushima Transportation Line) is located in a different building from the main Tohoku line and Shinkansen Line trains.
Follow these steps to get to Iizaka Onsen Station.
- After arriving at Fukushima Station, follow signs for the East Exit (東口).
- Exit the station building via the East Exit.
- Turn left and walking adjacent to the station building.
- The entrance to the Fukushima Transportation Iizaka Line (福島交通飯坂線) will be on your left. (It’s located just before Mister Donuts).
- Buy a ticket at the ticket machine (you can’t use Suica, Passmo etc)
- Show the station guard your ticket and wait on the platform.
- Make sure to get the train from the right-hand (most East) platform. The left-hand platform is a different train line.
- Iizaka Onsen Station is the final stop.
Here is a full list of stops on the Iizaka Line. Main stations are highlighted in bold.
|Iwashiro Shimizu Station||岩代清水駅|
|Iizaka Onsen Station||飯坂温泉駅|